User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Female Police Officers same as Females in the Military?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female Police Officers same as Females in the Military?

We’ve had several discussions on females in the military particularly in combat roles. This is an extremely grey area even within the military. But not much talk of female police officers. I’m going to post a video and I’m warning that there are shots fired and an innocent is shot so be warned before watching.

For those not interested in witnessing the event I’ll sum it up. A female police officer is investigating a shoplifter. Things quickly escalated. The suspect was obviously under the influence of something but nonetheless took control of the officer quickly.

At this point we are talking about my opinion only but it seemed to me that she became panicked and scared quickly. Given she was being controlled by the suspect physically it’s hard to blame her. Also it should be noted that at the time she had no backup.

She ended up determining she was in imminent danger, pulled her gun and ended up shooting the suspects mother.

The question is shouldn’t female police officers go through the same type of testing, particularly physical testing that men go through? America’s police officers are more likely to be in a physical confrontation that the women in our military yet there are still different standards for physical fitness.

Women in infantry units in the U.S. is quite the grey are with only a handful actually passing the schools and only one that I know of that has been awarded a medal for her duty in combat. She happened to be an officer.

But there are many women on the police force and they probably experience the risk of “combat” more often that a female in the infantry.

Thoughts?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9N0BL_1575473496
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (12-07-2019),The Sage of Main Street (12-07-2019)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen the video yet, as I wanted to get this post out before hitting the rack.

My thoughts are, a female police officer is much more likely to get attacked physically that a male simply because criminals generally have no respect for cops in general and even less for female cops.

There is a large % of male cops who get overwhelmed by bad guys, so if there is going to be a lone female cop, the chances are even more so.

That being said, I think they need to bring back the baton.
    Without it, they almost exclusively resort to a 15 round pistol and spray bullets everywhere.

When they had a baton and a 6 shot .38, they were much more careful.
    Knowing you only have six rounds before you resort to a dump pouch or a speed loader made them think more about shooting.

Now, with no baton, and a 15 round magazine it is bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang and bang.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I have not seen the video yet, as I wanted to get this post out before hitting the rack.

My thoughts are, a female police officer is much more likely to get attacked physically that a male simply because criminals generally have no respect for cops in general and even less for female cops.

There is a large % of male cops who get overwhelmed by bad guys, so if there is going to be a lone female cop, the chances are even more so.

Without it, they almost exclusively resort to a 15 round pistol and spray bullets everywhere.

Knowing you only have six rounds before you resort to a dump pouch or a speed loader made them think more about shooting.

Now, with no baton, and a 15 round magazine it is bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang and bang.
    She pulled a telescopic baton it seemed. Her hands were being controlled so it made no difference.

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a side note this is a tPF thread. Any accusations or implications of the idea that women can’t do the same job men can will be met with a TB. This thread is to discuss that there are women out there, just as there are men out there that cannot meet the standards required to execute the roll of law enforcement because of the physical and or mental demands it requires.

During my basic training about 15 dudes got booted. During DLI only half graduated. That is how I’m approaching this thread and anything less will get you tossed from the thread.

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,251
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that if female officers are to be able to handle themselves with males that outmuscle them and outweigh them, they need significant martial arts skills and they cannot be weak and out of shape. I was unable to find a picture of that female officer, but I did see her arms and they had no definition. They looked to me to be the arms of a woman who is about 30 pounds overweight and doesn't work out. A male officer might be able to get away with that, depending on who they are dealing with, but someone as small as that female officer appeared to be by her size relative to the guy she was attempting to arrest, can't afford to be out of shape. She also can't rely on respect for the badge to get her through these situations.

I've seen far too many overweight female officers. If they are going to take on males, they need to be trained like Japanese police officers.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

countryboy (12-07-2019),Rationalist (12-07-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,485x in 15,900 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her problem was tactics, not physicality.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,498x in 1,842 Posts
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The usual right wing conservative chauvinistic thinking. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that there are women who are as tough as men and men who are weak. This misogyny is a mindset of many men and not a reality, it is like so much thinking on the right, actually not thinking. [off topic] It is the stereotype and part of the reason we have a moron as president who is worried now about flushing toilets. One wonders how deep into dumbness America must go before they see they are being played as fools by the republican sycophants and dark money.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most areas they can carry a asp its a expanding metal batan I carried one very effective . also pepper spray and stun guns help even things out.
    One thing you dont see much of are 2 officers per car which would solve this issue but it requires a bigger budget and more cops it however is a officer dmsafety issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (12-07-2019)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,853x in 13,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this instance, the female officer did not mag dump on the guy, she fired two rounds. But you make a valid point. I personally don't think woman should be police officers if they cannot meet the same exact standards of the male officers. The same goes for small, and overweight out of shape male officers. There should be standards to be met, period, end of story.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

pragmatic (12-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (12-07-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can explain this entire situation, from the start to the end result of this officer shooting an innocent person because they panicked.

First originally prior to early 1970s, Police took a written test, depending on how they scored, they were placed on a list and then schedluled for a physical acruity test. The test involved included by not exclusively some were even more difficult.

You had to perform X amount of situps in a specific time, when I took mine you had no time to rest in between situps or you failed the event.

You had to do the same with Pushups

You had to be able to do 6 pullups and 6 chinups back to back no rest.

You had to climb a 40 ft rope no knots touch the ceiling with the flat of your palm and climb down

You had to be able to run a mile in under 7mins

You had to run a timed Obstacle course around various objects, then at the end of the obstacle course drag a dead weight 280lb dummy back x amount of feet.

Women did not pass this test, 40% of males failed this test. This was what was required to become a police officer.
    Yearly some Depts Bi-Annually you were given a physical and had a physical performance test. If you failed they gave you X amount of time varied for 2 to 4 months to retake and pass the test, if you did not you were given one more opportunity then fired.

There were minimum height and weight and maximum height and weight requirements. You had to be 5"10 to be a police officer

This is where it will get political and controversial, womens groups bemoaned unfair physical tests and requirements were created just to execlude women, That was the catalyst for bringing it to court, it was claimed it was unnecessary to have that level of fitness to become a police officer. To make this shorter, it passed to liberal courts and the test was changed to make it less stringent.

They lowered height and weight requirements, to 5'9 and changed the physical acruity tests. Some time later they found that 5'9 and the reduced physical test wasnt changed enough and not enough women could pass the test.

So they changed the height requirement to No requirent, you could be 5'3 to become a police officer. They changed the physical acruity test, by eliminating all the events women could not pass. The 40" rope climb eliminated, the obstacle course and dummy drag eliminated. Pushups, situps decreased etc.

Then they took to court that those with records should be able to become police officers and it passed.

When they reduced the requirements to be a Police Officer to allow women to pass the test, it also lowered the requirements for males It lowered the requirements across the board.

It was a much different environment when you had patrolmen that were larger stronger better conditioned males, that exuded confidence when approaching a person that was non compliant. That confidence was also felt by the non compliant individual.

How can there be confidence when you are 5'4 110 lbs and you are standing in front of a 200lb 6'2 male thats high, non compliant and violent. As a police officer if that person is posing a threat to others you must act and cannot wait for backup.

Is there really confusion over why more deadly force is being used ? and why more people are tasered and shot ??? Lack of confidence creates fear, fear makes for bad outcomes.

Police and the mess it is today is the direct fault of those that COMPLAIN and RAGE the most about Police today.

DEJA VU....they were told this was going to happen.

Quick story back in the 70s after the rule changes for Police, they went after Fire Depts for the same reason. They forced them change hiring requirements to allow women.

Philadelphia Fire Dept was under fire for not enough women becoming Firepersons even after the rule change.
    The philadelphia fire academy made a video of "FIRE TRAINING" and demonstrated why women were washing out.

Part of fire academy training you had to be capable of carrying and lifting and setting up a 40' ladder on your own. Most women could not do that.

A must for fireacademy training you had to be able to CARRY people out of buildings, down steps, up steps to save lives , most women could not carry the average sized and weighted dummy.

So they were washing out, the resolution was To stop the 40ft ladder set up and lower the weight to an unrealistic level.

To all liberal forum members
    There are many of us who do not believe that women and men are the same. Just like males cant give birth, women cant do things that men can do. MEN and WOMEN are not the same.

Thats why many americans find this genderless progressive push in schools as an abomination. Thats why they find transexuals being pushed as normal an abomination.

Liberal Progressives cannot change nature, life and you cant make women to be the same as men or vice versa

You can make all the movies you want with women beating the $#@! out of men and body slamming them, you can make all the tv shows where women police are always the hero and the first ones in and the ones running down the suspects and body slamming them and over whelming them.

You can make all the Faux bull$#@! you want to make it appear what it isnt, but it still is
    Last edited by Common; 12-07-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (12-07-2019)

+ Reply to Thread