Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,031x in 1,735 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Tell TheLiquidGuy that the funds were not due until Sept 30th by law. 19 days after they were released.
    Trump knew that he had to release them by the 30th.
    Tell that to the white house lawyers. The aid was held back 55 days without any legal authority.
    They believed the white house had no standing to hold it back. Numerous e-mail conversations between white house lawyers were recently released by “American Oversight” under the freedom of information act. They revealed white house lawyers were worried that they had legal exposure and sought to retroactively justify the hold. They couldn’t.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,047
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congress gave our money without asking for something. Trump saw the Ukraine as a corrupt country with a new government that he was not convinced would be any different.
    Congress never actually voted specifically for aid for the Ukraine. It was slipped into a continuing resolution.
    None of you forever-Trumpers get it. Its not really a matter of legality. Its about doing the right thing . ‘Legal’ and ‘good for the country’ aren’t always the same. I am not making a technical argument here.
    I am saying that the DoD evaluation is additional damning evidence that an objective and expert body looked at Ukraine ( that was their entire job!) and decided that the anti corruption bar was met.

You cannot tell me that you would want to rely on Donald Trump with his repeatedly fraudulent past (Trump University/Fake charity foundation/likely insurance fraud/likely tax evasion...etc.) and current obvious conflict of interest in the matter to be objective. His past is shady beyond that. I cant understand why you would even buy a used car from the man, much less trust his word when he claims he knows better than the DoD professionals and has America’s interests at heart.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 12-10-2019 at 01:49 PM.

--Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Tell that to the white house lawyers. The aid was held back 55 days without any legal authority.
    They believed the white house had no standing to hold it back. Numerous e-mail conversations between white house lawyers were recently released by “American Oversight” under the freedom of information act. They revealed white house lawyers were worried that they had legal exposure and sought to retroactively justify the hold. They couldn’t.

Okay. I will.

Dear White House Lawyers,
    The aid did not need to be sent until Sept 30th.

Dear TheLiquidGuy,
    That is why they cannot charge Trump with anything regarding the delay.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-10-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of you forever-Trumpers get it. Its not really a matter of legality. Its about doing the right thing . ‘Legal’ and ‘good for the country’ aren’t always the same. I am not making a technical argument here.
    I am saying that the DoD evaluation is additional damning evidence that an objective and expert body looked at Ukraine ( that was their entire job!) and decided that the anti corruption bar was met.

You cannot tell me that you would want to rely on Donald Trump with his repeatedly fraudulent past (Trump University/Fake charity foundation/likely insurance fraud/likely tax evasion...etc.) and current obvious conflict of interest in the matter to be objective. His past is shady beyond that. I cant understand why you would even buy a used car from the man, much less trust his word when he claims he knows better than the DoD professionals and has America’s interests at heart.

They were Obama's people. The same DOD people that told our soldiers to call them if they are being shot at for permission to fire back. The same group that refused to follow Presidential orders as with Yates. We call them the deep state. They are the McCabes, the Comeys, the Strzoks...
    Trump has kept his word.
    Your people are all acting like the enemies of the USA. They are weak feckless politicians dedicated to their globalism instead of to Americans.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were Obama's people.
    You forever-trumpers have really milked the hell out of that excuse. Whenever you are cornered you resort to the bias argument. It's a transparent cop out. Speaking of bias: IG concluded that bias did not factor into russia probe. Am I shocked? no. Because like I say, you guys always have to go there with this president. It's not bias. No other republican president has taken this much flak for a reason. When I was a teenager I learned to take responsibility for my own predicament. No matter where I am in life, I am the one who got me there. At 73 years old, it's time the president grew up and realized the same.

--Donald Trump

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We call them the deep state. They are the McCabes, the Comeys, the Strzoks...
    Trump has kept his word.
    "The deep state". BAhhh... This is just more blaming of others. "It's a conspiracy" "The world is against me"
    Just like a teenager saying his teacher hates him when he gets bad grades.
    Grow up.

You wanna know what the deep state is? The deep state is composed of career civil servants who are simply observing the law and doing their jobs. Trumps disregard for law forces the so-called "deep state" to stand up for law and order. And then he objects. and he obstructs. He is a toddler.

No matter how much the Trump defamation squad works to twist and over blow supposed misconduct by Comey, McCabe, and Strzok, it will never change the fact that an objective IG report (initiated by Republicans since that matters to you) exonerated them of any wrongdoing. So stop whining and pointing fingers. Political bias did not factor in, according to the DOJ IG.

Remember that.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 12-10-2019 at 05:04 PM.

--Donald Trump

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The deep state. More blaming others. "It's a conspiracy" "The world is against me"
    Just like a teenager saying his teacher hates him when he gets bad grades.
    Grow up.

You wanna know what the deep state is? The deep state is composed of career civil servants who are simply observing the law and doing their jobs. Trumps disregard for law forces the so-called "deep state" to stand up for law and order. And then he objects. and he obstructs. He is a toddler.

No matter how much the Trump defamation squad works to twist and over blow supposed misconduct by Comey, McCabe, and Strzok, it will never change the fact that an objective IG report (initiated by Republicans since that matters to you) exonerated them of any wrongdoing. So stop whining and pointing fingers. Political bias did not factor in, according to the DOJ IG.

Remember that.
    Russiagate true believer with no sense of irony. Oh wait...its' Ukraine now. lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were Obama's people.
    Can you name them? Who exactly did the assessment? You don't know. But you are invoking the emergency "deep state bias" argument anyway. again. (and again, and again).

--Donald Trump

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will never change the fact that an objective IG report (initiated by Republicans since that matters to you) exonerated them of any wrongdoing. So stop whining and pointing fingers. Political bias did not factor in, according to the DOJ IG.
    Remember that.
    Fact are that it did not clear them. The report just said they did not find any written evidence.
    His Boss and Durham both disagree and their investigation is more widespread.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump only ever gave two different explanations as to why he withheld the Ukraine aid.
    1. Because he had to make sure there was no corruption in Ukraine
    2. Because Europe was not giving enough to Ukraine
    Both of these excuses are provably invalid. Here is why...
    1. In today’s testimony Daniel Goldman pointed out the Ukraine aid was conditioned upon predetermined “anti corruption benchmarks” specified by the legislation. He then said “In May the Department of Defense certified that Ukraine was making the necessary progress to merit the aid."
    2. Since 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea, Europe has been the number one aid contributor to Ukraine. In fact, EU aid nearly doubles that of the united states.

“The European Union is the largest donor to Ukraine, and Ukraine is the largest recipient of EU macro-financial assistance to any non-EU country. The European Union has given, on average, over $710 million (€650 million) per year to the country since 2014—almost twice as much as the United States average. “ ref.

So if his first excuse is no good, and his second excuse is also no good, Why did he hold up the aid?
    The President doesn't need excuses for foreign policy decisions, you are starting from a false premise. I'mshockedshockedItellya
    Cutesy Time is OVER

+ Reply to Thread