User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make sense of the graphical user interface?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Iron-Merc's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 34x in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC! Lets' not leave that out! A DEMOCRACY!!Not so sure anymore with Trump defying the law. SAD!
    When are you going to make breathing an impeachable offence?

You know exactly what I am talking about.
    dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 34x in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in doing a little more research on community and points ratings I am at even more of a loss for words. My assessment of the forum points system is that it is bad.

How to make sense of this stuff? Heads? Tails? How about in between? Can we get a points system going for left clicks? How about right clicks? Or how many times a user says the word Trump?

How is this calculated? What's the specific formula? Without this information the rating system is useless, and that is putting it mildly.

OGIS has 0% activity yet coming in in 2nd place??
    Cigar has a -2,500 user rating and 2% activity but comes in 4th place overall?
    Polwatch, again, as a 0% activity rating and still coming in in 5th place overall?? How is this possible?

Im assuming points for days online are like points for breathing? why not just call it points for being alive?

Points for visitor messages? Why not have points for how many times I update my signature?
    Points are spread out over far too many variables. Making accurate measurements of user contributions inaccurate and impossible...

Under activity you have a three way tie for first place at 100? Why can the system not be more granular than that? this is not a good determination for rankings.
    Same goes for "activity month' and activity week? I'm baffled....

far to many variables spread out over far too many categories, IMO........

Assessment: massive points system overhaul needed
    dem·o·crat: one who subverts authority; unpleasant, destructive, hateful, vile, malicious, vicious, heinous, ugly, bad, nefarious, villainous, corrupt, malevolent, hideous, wicked, harm, pain, catastrophe, calamity, ill willed, a reviler; a defamer; a slanderer; a detractor; a carper; a calumniator; a muckraker; a vilifier; a disparager; a slanderer; a maligner; a detractor; a denigrator; a traducer; a vituperator; a castigator; a libeler; a defiler; a traitor; a debaser;

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iron-Merc, thanks for your reply, I was wondering if you weren't an election year troll? I see your name on other sites as well. If Russian, Let us know sometime down the road. You can always create another identity.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...tion-for-trump

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...an-Troll-Talks
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Iron-Merc (01-03-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    So in doing a little more research on community and points ratings I am at even more of a loss for words. My assessment of the forum points system is that it is bad.

How to make sense of this stuff? Heads? Tails? How about in between? Can we get a points system going for left clicks? How about right clicks? Or how many times a user says the word Trump?

How is this calculated? What's the specific formula? Without this information the rating system is useless, and that is putting it mildly.

OGIS has 0% activity yet coming in in 2nd place??
    Cigar has a -2,500 user rating and 2% activity but comes in 4th place overall?
    Polwatch, again, as a 0% activity rating and still coming in in 5th place overall?? How is this possible?

Im assuming points for days online are like points for breathing? why not just call it points for being alive?

Points for visitor messages? Why not have points for how many times I update my signature?
    Points are spread out over far too many variables. Making accurate measurements of user contributions inaccurate and impossible...

Under activity you have a three way tie for first place at 100? Why can the system not be more granular than that? this is not a good determination for rankings.
    Same goes for "activity month' and activity week? I'm baffled....

far to many variables spread out over far too many categories, IMO........

Assessment: massive points system overhaul needed
    *Assessment: massive points system overhaul needed*

Who cares, this is a forum, converse, share opinion, debate opinion, share facts, debate facts. Who pays attention to the "points system", why do you think it matters ??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (01-03-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 34x in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Iron-Merc, thanks for your reply, I was wondering if you weren't an election year troll? I see your name on other sites as well. If Russian, Let us know sometime down the road. You can always create another identity.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...tion-for-trumphttp://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...an-Troll-Talks
    What on earth makes you think I am a troll? LOL because I support Trump I must be a Russian and/or a troll? I am merely a vocal supporter of his conservative policy. Sure, I am emotionally invested in Trump, but this is not based on his rhetoric its based on his actions. This trust and faith in Trump was only garnered after he started fulfilling campaign promises. At that point I knew I had someone I could back 100%. Lincoln would be proud!

Seriously guys. The paranoia has to stop. Yes we have evidence of Russia meddling in our elections. This has been going on for decades, it's nothing new. Supposedly social media stuff and nothing concrete (but NO collusion with Trump). Matter of fact there were basically ZERO social media accounts created by Russians. This entire situation was cooked up by liberals in an effort to muddy the politics waters, keep the spotlight off the democrats and compromise the flow of good information from team Trump

And there is a silver lining to this Russian influence, since they exposed dark democrat secrets and corruption as well as lies for all the world to see. I find it funny how liberals go around like chickens with their heads cut off repeating the same lines over and over again. Russia collusion here. Russia collusion there, Russia collusion everywhere! The reality is they simply cannot face the prospects of belonging to a party that cheats its way into seats of power.

Democrats ignore the evidence Russia uncovered. They must, at all costs protect and hide these truths from the American people. That's why they blame it all on Donald Trump, to keep the focus away from their own wrongdoings. And with the aid of powerful people in government and the liberal media they have managed to keep a lid on it, for the time being.

So perhaps next time think twice next time before assuming the conservative is a "russian bot/troll" hellbent on Hillary's destruction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron-Merc For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-03-2020)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC! Lets' not leave that out! A DEMOCRACY!!

Not so sure anymore with Trump defying the law. SAD!
    We are not a Democracy.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm, either you're here or you're not. How you rank means nothing at all. There's no prizes given.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 34x in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Umm, either you're here or you're not. How you rank means nothing at all. There's no prizes given.
    Don't mean to beat a dead horse. And I get what you are saying from purely a "functional" standpoint and no prizes. But shouldn't we be able to assume the points system exists to drive better forum content and provide more insight member to member?

So when I hear the points system is totally irrelevant respective to forum content, yes, it is surprising. Especially considering how many variables are at play here.

Go pure. Post count. Thanks/thanked. Political lean. Seniority.

And not even that. Keep it the same just provide a forum "compass" so all users may gain a competitive edge and therefore raise the bar on forum post quality.

Okay back to regularly scheduled programming.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Merc View Post
    Don't mean to beat a dead horse. And I get what you are saying from purely a "functional" standpoint and no prizes. But shouldn't we be able to assume the points system exists to drive better forum content and provide more insight member to member?

So when I hear the points system is totally irrelevant respective to forum content, yes, it is surprising. Especially considering how many variables are at play here.

Go pure. Post count. Thanks/thanked. Political lean. Seniority.

And not even that. Keep it the same just provide a forum "compass" so all users may gain a competitive edge and therefore raise the bar on forum post quality.

Okay back to regularly scheduled programming.
    It doesn't mean a thing. This place is basic bulletin board stuff. What you are talking about is just to make the forum pretty. You can't believe anything changes the dscourse here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Iron-Merc (01-06-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 34x in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    It doesn't mean a thing. This place is basic bulletin board stuff. What you are talking about is just to make the forum pretty. You can't believe anything changes the dscourse here.
    Fair enough, I get that. Thanks for chiming in with good information

Case Closed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron-Merc For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-06-2020)

+ Reply to Thread