User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sicario is the best movie of the decade.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sicario is the best movie of the decade.....

Anyone agree with that?

Beautiful and horrific, Denis Villeneuve’s 2015 drug-war thriller Sicario embodies the spirit of the decade. Terrorism, cartel violence, government malfeasance, and state-sponsored assassinations are the themes of Sicario, as they are themes of American global politics.

That is why it is the best film of the 2010s. That and because it is an excellent movie.

Though critics and fans often cite Sicario’s final line as its greatest (“You will not survive here. You are not a wolf. This is the land of wolves.”), it is a different remark that asks the film’s most pressing question......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-of-the-decade
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,643x in 2,186 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, it was a fantastic and gripping film, but best of the decade? I couldn't even guess as I haven't seen every other movie (not even close) this decade. But yeah, I could see that...I found it to be a very sad tale indeed.

*EDIT
    It just occured to me that I own the DVD, I'll have to re-visit it with this new review in mind.
    Last edited by jigglepete; 12-27-2019 at 01:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-27-2019)

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I became a major fan of any film in which Taylor Sheridan is involved after seeing Wind River a few years ago. (Sheridan wrote Sicario, as I'm sure you know.) At the suggestion of my son the film buff/fanatic, I watched Hell or High Water, also written by Sheridan, which is one of my all-time favorite movies now. (Ben Foster is scary good in this.) Then he gave me Sicario to watch, and while I can appreciate it as a film - both Sheridan's writing and Villeneuve's direction are riveting and original - I found the subject matter depressing. I will probably end up watching both Wind River and Hell or High Water multiple times, but Sicario just isn't my cup of tea. (And until Sheridan's next feature film, his 'Yellowstone' series with Kevin Costner is about to start its third season on the Paramount network.)
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-27-2019)

+ Reply to Thread