User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Quote Notification

  1. #1
    Points: 3,559, Level: 14
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    John Galt's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    379
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,577
    Points
    3,559
    Level
    14
    Thanks Given
    278
    Thanked 369x in 309 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Notification

    Hi Admins. I know it might be a little early for me to be making requests. I've been using the Vbulletin format for well over a decade. I think it's the absolute best format for these boards.

    Recently, another Vb board I'm on activated a feature that gives you a notification (same as 'thanks') when someone quotes you. In the beginning I thought it was annoying. Now I've gotten used to it, as it makes it a little easier to follow a discussion than simply subscribing to a thread. (something that seems to happen automatically here)

    You guys have that in your bag of tricks?

    Thanks for the consideration.

  2. #2
    Points: 42,624, Level: 50
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    158232
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    13,907
    Points
    42,624
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    7,030
    Thanked 10,867x in 6,694 Posts
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get notifications when someone quotes (responds) to me, if they "like" my post, and also if they tag me in their post.
    "What happens is of little significance compared with the stories we tell ourselves about what happens. Events matter little, only stories of events
    affect us.”

    ~Rabih Alameddin


  3. #3
    Points: 132,350, Level: 87
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863055
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,028
    Points
    132,350
    Level
    87
    Thanks Given
    5,742
    Thanked 5,317x in 3,653 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Hi Admins. I know it might be a little early for me to be making requests. I've been using the Vbulletin format for well over a decade. I think it's the absolute best format for these boards.

    Recently, another Vb board I'm on activated a feature that gives you a notification (same as 'thanks') when someone quotes you. In the beginning I thought it was annoying. Now I've gotten used to it, as it makes it a little easier to follow a discussion than simply subscribing to a thread. (something that seems to happen automatically here)

    You guys have that in your bag of tricks?

    Thanks for the consideration.
    Go to Settings > General Settings > New Private Message Notification Pop-up and select: Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    FindersKeepers (12-28-2019),Peter1469 (12-28-2019)

  5. #4
    Points: 45,458, Level: 52
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,592
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19619
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8,003
    Points
    45,458
    Level
    52
    Thanks Given
    2,498
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Go to Settings > General Settings > New Private Message Notification Pop-up and select: Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
    I think what he’s referring to is this:


    Quote Notification:
    • No
    • Email
    • Private Message
    Would you like to be notified when someone quotes something you said in a post?

    but then wtf do I know?

    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

    DGUtley (12-28-2019),Docthehun (12-28-2019),Dr. Who (12-28-2019)

  7. #5
    Points: 132,350, Level: 87
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863055
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,028
    Points
    132,350
    Level
    87
    Thanks Given
    5,742
    Thanked 5,317x in 3,653 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I think what he’s referring to is this:


    Quote Notification:
    • No
    • Email
    • Private Message
    Would you like to be notified when someone quotes something you said in a post?

    but then wtf do I know?

    You are probably correct. That one has to be set to Private Message.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #6
    Points: 37,257, Level: 47
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,293
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    304895
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13,352
    Points
    37,257
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    2,403
    Thanked 10,999x in 6,349 Posts
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I get popup notifications of PMs, but nothing else. I never see anything when someone does the @ sign before my screen name. I can see that I have over 10,000 "Notifications", but the PMs were the only ones I knew about or paid attention to. Somebody PMed me a while back, upset because I hadn't responded to their Friend Request. All I could say was, "Sorry...I never saw it".
    Arizona...the only state in the country where rain is considered a state of emergency.

    "I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Docthehun (12-28-2019)

  10. #7
    Points: 15,067, Level: 29
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Docthehun's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    207980
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,263
    Points
    15,067
    Level
    29
    Thanks Given
    6,330
    Thanked 2,190x in 1,467 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I get popup notifications of PMs, but nothing else. I never see anything when someone does the @ sign before my screen name. I can see that I have over 10,000 "Notifications", but the PMs were the only ones I knew about or paid attention to. Somebody PMed me a while back, upset because I hadn't responded to their Friend Request. All I could say was, "Sorry...I never saw it".
    You heartless soul.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO