Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,482x in 15,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    And what does that say? Soleimani is mentioned once and it's simply pointing to him as an individual that needs to cooperate with the guidelines of nuclear non-proliferation, inspections and monitoring by the IAEA. Nothing about him not being able to leave Iran, being a terrorist, etc.

https://www.undocs.org/S/RES/2231(2015)
    He is specified as being prohibited from leaving Iran. I posted his specific citation earlier in this thread. In a later post, either in this thread or one of the others on the same subject, I posted a link to the UN Security Council page that contains the entire alphabetized list of Iranians prohibited by UN sanction from leaving the country.

The list is HERE
    Last edited by Cletus; 01-15-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    He is specified as being prohibited from leaving Iran. I posted his specific citation earlier in this thread. In a later post, either in this thread or one of the others on the same subject, I posted a link to the UN Security Council page that contains the entire alphabetized list of Iranians prohibited by UN sanction from leaving the country.

The list is HERE
    OK I couldn't find the citation...
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,482x in 15,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I couldn't find the citation...
    No problem.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Dangermouse's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 737x in 528 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he was there to promote peace negotiations with Saudi Arabia over the war in Yemen. He had to die. God forbid Trump should have to find new customers for the bombs MBS is dropping on donkey farmers there!
    News: Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm genuinely interested in keeping this conversation going so I'm going to ask you in all honesty to keep this civil. Given our history I'm not entirely convinced either of us can however; am asking that we do for the sake of my learning more about this.

I looked into your statement that we had sanctions on Soleimani but couldn't find anything. Can you expand on that statement?

Sure thing.....I will get you a couple of links.

Flashback: Obama Sanctioned Soleimani for Attempted Terror Attack in Washington, DC....

As the U.S. Treasury explained in announcing the sanctions against Soleimani and four others in 2011:

The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced the designation of five individuals, including four senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) officers connected to a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States Adel Al-Jubeir, while he was in the United States and to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries’ interests inside the United States and in another country. As part of today’s action, Treasury also designated the individual responsible for arranging the assassination plot on behalf of the IRGC-QF.

As IRGC-QF Commander, Qasem Soleimani oversees the IRGC-QF officers who were involved in this plot. Soleimani was previously designated by the Treasury Department under E.O. 13382 based on his relationship to the IRGC. He was also designated in May 2011 pursuant to E.O. 13572, which targets human rights abuses in Syria, for his role as the Commander of the IRGC-QF, the primary conduit for Iran’s support to the Syrian General Intelligence Directorate (GID).

Under Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran, Soleimani was to be removed from international sanctions after eight years, though then-Secretary of State John Kerry promised that sanctions against Soleimani would be in place “forever.”.....snip~

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ashington-d-c/

Soleimani was banned from international travel because of his 2007 U.N. designation for his role in Iran’s nuclear program.*“Security Council Toughens Sanctions Against Iran, Adds Arms Embargo, With Unanimous Adoption of Resolution 1747 (2007), United Nations, March 24, 2007, http://www.un.org/press/en/2007/sc8980.doc.htm.x Nonetheless, he reportedly flew to Moscow at least three times—in July 2015, April 2016, and February 2017—for meetings with Russian officials.*Lucas Tomlinson, “EXCLUSIVE: Shadowy Iranian general visits Moscow, violating sanctions,” Fox News, February 15, 2017, http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02...sanctions.html;

Jennifer Griffin and Lucas Tomlinson, “Exclusive: Quds Force commander Soleimani visited Moscow, met Russian leaders in defiance of sanctions,” Fox News, August 6, 2015, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...eaders-in.html.x After Soleimani reportedly traveled to Russia for military discussions in April 2016, the U.S. State Department confirmed that U.N. travel sanctions on Soleimani remained in effect despite the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1.*Lidia Kelly and Parisa Hafezi, “Iran's Soleimani in Russia for talks on Syria, missiles: sources,” Reuters, April 15, 2016, http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ru...-idUSKCN0XC0TR.x

https://www.counterextremism.com/ext...asem-soleimani

Oh and btw Pickle. If you don't bring the disrespect my way. Then you wont have any coming back from me. You get what you give. So if you are civil that is what you will get. Thanks for making the effort to better things between us.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sure thing.....I will get you a couple of links.

Flashback: Obama Sanctioned Soleimani for Attempted Terror Attack in Washington, DC....

As the U.S. Treasury explained in announcing the sanctions against Soleimani and four others in 2011:

The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced the designation of five individuals, including four senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) officers connected to a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States Adel Al-Jubeir, while he was in the United States and to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries’ interests inside the United States and in another country. As part of today’s action, Treasury also designated the individual responsible for arranging the assassination plot on behalf of the IRGC-QF.

As IRGC-QF Commander, Qasem Soleimani oversees the IRGC-QF officers who were involved in this plot. Soleimani was previously designated by the Treasury Department under E.O. 13382 based on his relationship to the IRGC. He was also designated in May 2011 pursuant to E.O. 13572, which targets human rights abuses in Syria, for his role as the Commander of the IRGC-QF, the primary conduit for Iran’s support to the Syrian General Intelligence Directorate (GID).

Under Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran, Soleimani was to be removed from international sanctions after eight years, though then-Secretary of State John Kerry promised that sanctions against Soleimani would be in place “forever.”.....snip~

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ashington-d-c/

Soleimani was banned from international travel because of his 2007 U.N. designation for his role in Iran’s nuclear program.*“Security Council Toughens Sanctions Against Iran, Adds Arms Embargo, With Unanimous Adoption of Resolution 1747 (2007), United Nations, March 24, 2007, http://www.un.org/press/en/2007/sc8980.doc.htm.x Nonetheless, he reportedly flew to Moscow at least three times—in July 2015, April 2016, and February 2017—for meetings with Russian officials.*Lucas Tomlinson, “EXCLUSIVE: Shadowy Iranian general visits Moscow, violating sanctions,” Fox News, February 15, 2017, http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02...sanctions.html;

Jennifer Griffin and Lucas Tomlinson, “Exclusive: Quds Force commander Soleimani visited Moscow, met Russian leaders in defiance of sanctions,” Fox News, August 6, 2015, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...eaders-in.html.x After Soleimani reportedly traveled to Russia for military discussions in April 2016, the U.S. State Department confirmed that U.N. travel sanctions on Soleimani remained in effect despite the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1.*Lidia Kelly and Parisa Hafezi, “Iran's Soleimani in Russia for talks on Syria, missiles: sources,” Reuters, April 15, 2016, http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ru...-idUSKCN0XC0TR.x

https://www.counterextremism.com/ext...asem-soleimani

Oh and btw Pickle. If you don't bring the disrespect my way. Then you wont have any coming back from me. You get what you give. So if you are civil that is what you will get. Thanks for making the effort to better things between us.
    Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

MMC (01-16-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    So he was there to promote peace negotiations with Saudi Arabia over the war in Yemen. He had to die. God forbid Trump should have to find new customers for the bombs MBS is dropping on donkey farmers there!

yea sure he was not allowed in country he was sanctioned by the UN he was a terrorist plain and simple . responsible for the death of many hundreds of people in many nations glad to see you support him tells me all I need to know about you

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,633x in 56,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's get it right on this one. Soleimani wasn't in Iraq on a diplomatic mission.

Who really believes that he was?

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Let's get it right on this one. Soleimani wasn't in Iraq on a diplomatic mission.

Who really believes that he was?
    Ethereal and PJL

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,633x in 56,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Ethereal and PJL
    Who believes it other than the main apologists for Iran?

+ Reply to Thread