User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My personal gauges for despotic people and personal freedom.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal gauges for despotic people and personal freedom.

I have two very measurable gauges I use to measure despotic attitudes in people and to measure my own personal freedom. They are simple, fair, and measurable.

1. Do they hate someone for voting their personal choice in an election? Do they hate 63 million people for voting their personal choice in an election? The numbers do not matter. They are despotic if they hate the fact people voted differently than them. They hate them personally. This is clearly evident since 2016 with all the vitriol directed a those like myself that merely thought Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Voting my choice is all it took for them to hate me with a viciousness i have not seen in any election before.

Voting your choice is a constitutional right in the USA.
    If you hate this process then you are a despot.
    If you hate me for exercising this right, then you are a despot.

Don't sugar coat your fascism with high moral ideals. You hate the freedom others have and want to take it away from them so you can dictate your will over them. This is why you hate personal choice in elections and those who exercise that choice.

Lately I have seen several members with this attitude of, " how dare they vote their choice ". " I hate them now ".

2. Personal freedom....for me...is when I can order a 500 round case of military rifle caliber ammunition on-line and have it delivered to my front door. THIS is freedom. As long as i can do this, then I am free. Only despots and control freaks hate this kind of freedom. It tells me my local government sees me as a citizen with rights to be respected and not someone to be feared.

If you do not have this kind of freedom, then your local government does not see you in this light.

(closeup of me with hat off, staring off into the distance with "Texas, Our Texas" playing in the background as the Texas flag is flapping in the breeze over my shoulder...then doing a sharp military about face and stepping off....walking into a cactus with my shinbone...(^*%^*%*%)...CUT!...CUT!
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 01-06-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (01-09-2020),Captdon (01-06-2020),countryboy (01-07-2020),gamewell45 (01-06-2020)

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,515x in 16,039 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I have two very measurable gauges I use to measure despotic attitudes in people and to measure my own personal freedom. They are simple, fair, and measurable.

1. Do they hate someone for voting their personal choice in an election? Do they hate 63 million people for voting their personal choice in an election? The numbers do not matter. They are despotic if they hate the fact people voted differently than them. They hate them personally. This is clearly evident since 2016 with all the vitriol directed a those like myself that merely thought Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Voting my choice is all it took for them to hate me with a viciousness i have not seen in any election before.

Don't sugar coat your fascism with high moral ideals. You hate the freedom others have and want to take it away from them so you can dictate your will over them. This is why you hate personal choice in elections and those who exercise that choice.

Lately I have seen several members with this attitude of, " how dare they vote their choice ". " I hate them now ".

2. Personal freedom....for me...is when I can order a 500 round case of military rifle caliber ammunition on-line and have it delivered to my front door. THIS is freedom. As long as i can do this, then I am free. Only despots and control freaks hate this kind of freedom. It tells me my local government sees me as a citizen with rights to be respected and not someone to be feared.

If you do not have this kind of freedom, then your local government does not see you in this light.

(closeup of me with hat off, staring off into the distance with "Texas, Our Texas" playing in the background as the Texas flag is flapping in the breeze over my shoulder...then doing a sharp military about face and stepping off....walking into a cactus with my shinbone...(^*%^*%*%)...CUT!...CUT!
    The 2016 elections showed how intolerant the so called " tolerant" libs are. Ive lost what I considered " friends" over this.
    As for me? Camera cuts to me in a convertible speeding away from bottle tossing ill mannered libs yelling " death to Cotton".

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (01-09-2020),Captdon (01-06-2020),countryboy (01-07-2020)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,113x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post

So what you’re saying is that anyone who casts a vote in today’s America is despotic? For example there there a whole lot of votes cast for Trump by people who hated Hillary.

And as far as #2 Trump has implemented and been POTUS while more legislation against firearms and components then Obama.

I’m not saying you’re a fan of Trump or Obama. I’m simply confused as to your point.
    Last edited by Private Pickle; 01-06-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

midcan5 (01-06-2020)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How primitive! Should you take off your biased glasses I think 'hate' has grown greatly under Pres Trump. Check out the real stats sometime. And personal freedom measured in ammunition is one of the wackiest ideas for freedom I have ever heard. Of course the shooter in Vegas probably agrees should he be looking up from hell.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...=1#post2767911

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, a wonderful day in the neighborhood.....
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    RNS, for pure vitriol and expressions of hate, I'd only ask you to measure an occasional rant by a left-leaning member - such as the one who apparently reached critical mass here a day or two ago - with the disgusting, tiresome, day-after-day personal attacks on the liberal Straw Man that are posted on this board. At least be fair in judging what happens here, and for that matter what is happening out in the real world.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    How primitive! Should you take off your biased glasses I think 'hate' has grown greatly under Pres Trump. Check out the real stats sometime. And personal freedom measured in ammunition is one of the wackiest ideas for freedom I have ever heard. Of course the shooter in Vegas probably agrees should he be looking up from hell.
    Hate has grown under Trump, but we can't fault him. It started with disgruntled democrats who took to the streets, some with vagina hats, acting as though the world was going to end. Certain liberals have spread a lot of disinformation that's lead to a very divisive political society. Of course, far-right conservatives have been involved as well, but entire reason Trump was elected in the first place was because there was quite an attack launched on conservative America during Obama's tenure. It consisted of shaming people into denying respect for their ancestors if they happened to be of the Confederate bent, creating an atmosphere where our law enforcement officers were being targeted on a greater scale, and shaming white people in general as being racists solely because they were white. Had that not occurred, Trump likely could not have been elected. But, when he was (to my great surprise), the liberals went on a warpath, and they're still beating those war drums. The left-leaning media has taken up the drumming as well.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...=1#post2767911
    It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, a wonderful day in the neighborhood.....
    Gun sales typically rise when there's talk of gun control and decrease when there's no apparent threat to the 2nd Amendment. It's been that way for decades, so this is nothing new.

By the way, I just saw the movie and really liked it.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (01-06-2020)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    RNS, for pure vitriol and expressions of hate, I'd only ask you to measure an occasional rant by a left-leaning member - such as the one who apparently reached critical mass here a day or two ago - with the disgusting, tiresome, day-after-day personal attacks on the liberal Straw Man that are posted on this board. At least be fair in judging what happens here, and for that matter what is happening out in the real world.
    No one likes being unfairly attacked. You're right, it happens on both sides because no one wants to discuss anything -- they just want to fly off the handle, which then further exacerbates the tension.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A forum is generally a place to put one polarized hype against the other and argue it out with third party opinions and links. Most people don’t think, they provide statements to links put out by media hype to reinforce their views, when in fact their views are those provided by the hype they’re linking to. In other words, it’s an echo chamber of US mainstream media, with the odd exceptions.

It’s America, the land of extreme opposites. Corporate fascism or liberal fascism, an Obama phone or a tax cut … You pick your choice and try to convince yourself God is on your side. I try to use facts and logic; it confuses the hell out of them.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    A forum is generally a place to put one polarized hype against the other and argue it out with third party opinions and links. Most people don’t think, they provide statements to links put out by media hype to reinforce their views, when in fact their views are those provided by the hype they’re linking to. In other words, it’s an echo chamber of US mainstream media, with the odd exceptions.

It’s America, the land of extreme opposites. Corporate fascism or liberal fascism, an Obama phone or a tax cut … You pick your choice and try to convince yourself God is on your side. I try to use facts and logic; it confuses the hell out of them.
    To be entirely fair, facts and logic have sometimes seemed to baffle a few of the left-leaning here when it comes to certain topics. Gun control comes to mind. However, when it comes to sheer, all out nuttiness masquerading as patriotism and/or common sense, nothing tops the half dozen or so fringe rightists in our midst.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...ding-Soleimani
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    So what you’re saying is that anyone who casts a vote in today’s America is despotic? For example there there a whole lot of votes cast for Trump by people who hated Hillary.

And as far as #2 Trump has implemented and been POTUS while more legislation against firearms and components then Obama.

I’m not saying you’re a fan of Trump or Obama. I’m simply confused as to your point.

That is NOT what I said.

I said...." Those who hate anyone for VOTING THEIR CHOICE are despotic ".
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

+ Reply to Thread