midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,498x in 1,842 Posts
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diversity makes the world and life enjoyable and fun. When right wing bigots criticize diversity they are hiding behind a word their hate for others, and for life in all its complexity. Imagine a world of right wing conservative hatred for complexity and diversity. What would your world be? It would be what you see on-line and in Trump rallies etc, the repetitive cheering of nonsense, lies, and stupidity all repeated ad nauseam and believed. Really sad, but I guess if your world is a 'closet' you are happy there. Give me diversity and complexity and difference. Life is too short to have your head stuck in a hole.

"If during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season, or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite diversity in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being's own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection." Charles Darwin
    Last edited by midcan5; 01-14-2020 at 07:02 AM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire