Members banned from this thread: jet57


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 141

Thread: Diversity is NOT a strength.

  1. #1
    Points: 26,347, Level: 39
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Reason10's Avatar Infracted Member
    Karma
    11509
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,473
    Points
    26,347
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    7
    Thanked 2,501x in 1,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Diversity is NOT a strength.

    I finally found an openly liberal teacher today, who is definitely preaching to a fifth grade ESE class. Saw her poster on the wall.

    The last item (I won't waste time with all the other idiotic lies on that poster) said "In America, we celebrate diversity."

    Diversity is a mess. It is anything but a strength. Follow these discussion points, and feel free to add to them.

    1. Different points of view, different family structures, different races, different religions, different political ideologies are all a MESS. They stand in the way of an orderly society. (By the way, don't automatically think an orderly society is automatically the most preferred.)

    2. Countries with very monocultured populations kick America's ass in production and test scores. Namely JAPAN. One language, one culture, one religion, one set of family values. They out-work, out-score and out-innovate pretty much every other culture in the world. Is Japan the perfect place to live? I don't believe so. I wouldn't live there if you paid me to.

    3. America's strength is NOT because of diversity but rather DESPITE diversity. Our strength is in our liberty, freedom, rule of law and market capitalism. That makes it possible for the most opposite cultures, races and religions to be able to work together, maybe even to form a melting pot.

    4. Diversity is a totally NATURAL state of existence. Nature is very messy, very volatile, very violent, and most of the time very unpredictable. There is no such concept as a "balance of nature." If a human were to exhibit the traits of nature, that human would have to be committed and locked away forever as he/she would be just too dangerous. Bigotry, murder, crime, distrust, hatred, fear are all byproducts of diversity. They are as natural as the human sex drive. America is a superior country and society because we may be the only country in the world to actually control those extremely natural forces. But make no mistake: diversity is a force of nature and it's very hard to control.

    5. Diversity is interesting in human interactions, but only in an enlightened society like America. We actually look forward to different tastes, different aromas, different points of view, different takes on things, different colors of skin. We find they break up the monotony. Other countries and cultures in the world found diversity to be almost criminal to their tastes. Muslim countries oppress women, oppress different religions and murder sexual deviants. Here in America, we put sexual deviants in charge of Hollywood and the Democrat party.

    6. Who represents the state of mind that pretends to embrace diversity while being its greatest foe? Democrats. They place every group in a cage and DARE them to think differently. Democrats (at least the extremist leftists) will physically attack you if you dare to disagree with them.


    By the way, apparently that teacher was very good at her job. Those fifth grade ESE students were the most well behaved kids I've ever come across. There were a few blacks and a lot of brown skin there. (The town is made up of a lot of immigrants, many illegal.) But the vast majority of the latino kids I've seen in the public schools were almost little adults the way they acted. In another county, pretty much EVERY fifth grade class I've subbed for had loudmouth miscreant little $#@!z that often I've had to threaten with either a write up or suspension. Interestingly enough, they were maybe 90 percent white. So neither color nor national origin is any indication of how a child will act in class. In the end, it comes down to the effectiveness of the parents. Apparently, though, Latino culture means very strict parents because those kids are very polite.
    "Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver." (Ayn Rand)

  2. #2
    Points: 114,535, Level: 82
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 2,115
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    179574
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    38,665
    Points
    114,535
    Level
    82
    Thanks Given
    7,079
    Thanked 11,039x in 8,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Keeping it real Adolf?
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

    exotix (01-15-2020),Safety (01-14-2020)

  4. #3
    Points: 28,632, Level: 41
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    625
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5,421
    Points
    28,632
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 615x in 546 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diversity is neither strength nor weakness . It is cultural . Both Australia and America was built by a large part , on the contributions of diversity . Mutual respect is essential .

  5. #4
    Points: 28,632, Level: 41
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    625
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5,421
    Points
    28,632
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 615x in 546 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
    4. Diversity is a totally NATURAL state of existence. Nature is very messy, very volatile, very violent, and most of the time very unpredictable. There is no such concept as a "balance of nature." If a human were to exhibit the traits of nature, that human would have to be committed and locked away forever as he/she would be just too dangerous. Bigotry, murder, crime, distrust, hatred, fear are all byproducts of diversity. They are as natural as the human sex drive. America is a superior country and society because we may be the only country in the world to actually control those extremely natural forces. But make no mistake: diversity is a force of nature and it's very hard to control. .
    Possibly the most stupid thing Ive read on this forum......(lol)

  6. #5
    Points: 133,476, Level: 88
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 2,574
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863182
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,404
    Points
    133,476
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    5,911
    Thanked 5,444x in 3,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
    I finally found an openly liberal teacher today, who is definitely preaching to a fifth grade ESE class. Saw her poster on the wall.

    The last item (I won't waste time with all the other idiotic lies on that poster) said "In America, we celebrate diversity."

    Diversity is a mess. It is anything but a strength. Follow these discussion points, and feel free to add to them.

    1. Different points of view, different family structures, different races, different religions, different political ideologies are all a MESS. They stand in the way of an orderly society. (By the way, don't automatically think an orderly society is automatically the most preferred.)

    2. Countries with very monocultured populations kick America's ass in production and test scores. Namely JAPAN. One language, one culture, one religion, one set of family values. They out-work, out-score and out-innovate pretty much every other culture in the world. Is Japan the perfect place to live? I don't believe so. I wouldn't live there if you paid me to.

    3. America's strength is NOT because of diversity but rather DESPITE diversity. Our strength is in our liberty, freedom, rule of law and market capitalism. That makes it possible for the most opposite cultures, races and religions to be able to work together, maybe even to form a melting pot.

    4. Diversity is a totally NATURAL state of existence. Nature is very messy, very volatile, very violent, and most of the time very unpredictable. There is no such concept as a "balance of nature." If a human were to exhibit the traits of nature, that human would have to be committed and locked away forever as he/she would be just too dangerous. Bigotry, murder, crime, distrust, hatred, fear are all byproducts of diversity. They are as natural as the human sex drive. America is a superior country and society because we may be the only country in the world to actually control those extremely natural forces. But make no mistake: diversity is a force of nature and it's very hard to control.

    5. Diversity is interesting in human interactions, but only in an enlightened society like America. We actually look forward to different tastes, different aromas, different points of view, different takes on things, different colors of skin. We find they break up the monotony. Other countries and cultures in the world found diversity to be almost criminal to their tastes. Muslim countries oppress women, oppress different religions and murder sexual deviants. Here in America, we put sexual deviants in charge of Hollywood and the Democrat party.

    6. Who represents the state of mind that pretends to embrace diversity while being its greatest foe? Democrats. They place every group in a cage and DARE them to think differently. Democrats (at least the extremist leftists) will physically attack you if you dare to disagree with them.


    By the way, apparently that teacher was very good at her job. Those fifth grade ESE students were the most well behaved kids I've ever come across. There were a few blacks and a lot of brown skin there. (The town is made up of a lot of immigrants, many illegal.) But the vast majority of the latino kids I've seen in the public schools were almost little adults the way they acted. In another county, pretty much EVERY fifth grade class I've subbed for had loudmouth miscreant little $#@!z that often I've had to threaten with either a write up or suspension. Interestingly enough, they were maybe 90 percent white. So neither color nor national origin is any indication of how a child will act in class. In the end, it comes down to the effectiveness of the parents. Apparently, though, Latino culture means very strict parents because those kids are very polite.
    Discipline and good manners can be an aspect of culture, but not necessarily. Among the Japanese, it's cultural, among most other cultures its based on parenting and the personal culture of the family. Ethnicity is generally irrelevant. If anything, many more sophisticated societies who follow 'expert' child rearing advice, have some of the least disciplined and least polite children, many from the wealthiest demographics.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (01-14-2020)

  8. #6
    Points: 241,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    274556
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    107,211
    Points
    241,787
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    12,848
    Thanked 43,544x in 32,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Diversity now days is not about diversity of thought or ideas. It's all about identity politics.

    There was was a time when we accepted people of different cultures, races and ethnicities and actively assimilated them into our culture while still encouraging them to maintain what they considered to be the richness of their own.

    Now diversity is all about counting heads. There's no importance placed on diversity of ideas. In fact it's just the opposite. People are encouraged to be in lock-step with one another.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    goodpen (01-19-2020)

  10. #7
    Points: 28,632, Level: 41
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    625
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5,421
    Points
    28,632
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 615x in 546 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Diversity now days is not about diversity of thought or ideas. It's all about identity politics. There was was a time when we accepted people of different cultures, races and ethnicities and actively assimilated them into our culture while still encouraging them to maintain what they considered to be the richness of their own. Now diversity is all about counting heads. There's no importance placed on diversity of ideas. In fact it's just the opposite. People are encouraged to be in lock-step with one another.
    Diversity has become just another tool , to divide a country from within , and thereby , control people and manipulate them .

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (01-14-2020),Rooster (01-15-2020)

  12. #8
    Points: 241,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    274556
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    107,211
    Points
    241,787
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    12,848
    Thanked 43,544x in 32,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Discipline and good manners can be an aspect of culture, but not necessarily. Among the Japanese, it's cultural, among most other cultures its based on parenting and the personal culture of the family. Ethnicity is generally irrelevant. If anything, many more sophisticated societies who follow 'expert' child rearing advice, have some of the least disciplined and least polite children, many from the wealthiest demographics.
    What in the world are you talking about?

  13. #9
    Points: 133,476, Level: 88
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 2,574
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863182
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,404
    Points
    133,476
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    5,911
    Thanked 5,444x in 3,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    What in the world are you talking about?
    1) I wasn't responding to you. 2) the notion that diversity has anything whatsoever to do with civility or the lack thereof.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (01-14-2020),exotix (01-15-2020)

  15. #10
    Points: 241,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    274556
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    107,211
    Points
    241,787
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    12,848
    Thanked 43,544x in 32,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    1) I wasn't responding to you. 2) the notion that diversity has anything whatsoever to do with civility or the lack thereof.
    I don't care who you were responding to.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO