User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Judge rules Trump administration within authority in separating families at border

  1. #1

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 344,933, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    332587
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59,823
    Points
    344,933
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    4,938
    Thanked 11,789x in 7,385 Posts
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Judge rules Trump administration within authority in separating families at border

    A federal judge ruled Monday that the Trump administration is operating within its authority when separating families stopped at the Mexican border, rejecting arguments that it was quietly returning to widespread practices that drew international condemnation.
    The American Civil Liberties Union argued that the administration was splitting families over dubious allegations and minor transgressions including traffic offenses. It asked the judge in July to rule on whether the government was justified in separating 911 children during the first year after the judge halted the general practice in June 2018.


    U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw indicated he was uncomfortable second-guessing government decisions to separate children on grounds that parents were considered unfit or dangerous, or in other limited circumstances like criminal history, communicable diseases and doubts about parentage. He found no evidence that the government was abusing its discretion.


    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ly-separation/
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    bulletbob (01-14-2020),MMC (01-14-2020),stjames1_53 (01-14-2020),texan (01-14-2020)

  3. #2
    Points: 68,964, Level: 64
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    41760
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    25,062
    Points
    68,964
    Level
    64
    Thanks Given
    44,545
    Thanked 12,778x in 9,306 Posts
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    A federal judge ruled Monday that the Trump administration is operating within its authority when separating families stopped at the Mexican border, rejecting arguments that it was quietly returning to widespread practices that drew international condemnation.
    The American Civil Liberties Union argued that the administration was splitting families over dubious allegations and minor transgressions including traffic offenses. It asked the judge in July to rule on whether the government was justified in separating 911 children during the first year after the judge halted the general practice in June 2018.


    U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw indicated he was uncomfortable second-guessing government decisions to separate children on grounds that parents were considered unfit or dangerous, or in other limited circumstances like criminal history, communicable diseases and doubts about parentage. He found no evidence that the government was abusing its discretion.


    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ly-separation/
    Trump keeps winning.................
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (01-14-2020),texan (01-14-2020)

  5. #3
    Points: 18,126, Level: 32
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70908
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,367
    Points
    18,126
    Level
    32
    Thanks Given
    853
    Thanked 1,446x in 1,053 Posts
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why Trump wants judges as mindless, soulless, and un-Christian or unhuman as him. Nothing new here. It shows clearly how religion too can be simply a tool of power and not of religious values. Move on folks, hate for the other ain't going away any time soon.


    "Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law."

    'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22715946-injustices


    '13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

    https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do.

    Please note, I do not have time to reply to anyone who really thinks they have countered a point I've made, so please PM me and I will check out your reply. Tx

    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

  6. #4

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 344,933, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    332587
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59,823
    Points
    344,933
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    4,938
    Thanked 11,789x in 7,385 Posts
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This is why Trump wants judges as mindless, soulless, and un-Christian or unhuman as him. Nothing new here. It shows clearly how religion too can be simply a tool of power and not of religious values. Move on folks, hate for the other ain't going away any time soon.


    "Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law."

    'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22715946-injustices


    '13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

    https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html
    lol youre just mad theres ALOT less liberal activist moron judges since trump became President and saved america
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    bulletbob (01-14-2020),Captdon (01-14-2020),texan (01-14-2020)

  8. #5
    Points: 72,575, Level: 65
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    212716
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    27,673
    Points
    72,575
    Level
    65
    Thanks Given
    12,961
    Thanked 13,825x in 9,351 Posts
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This is why Trump wants judges as mindless, soulless, and un-Christian or unhuman as him. Nothing new here. It shows clearly how religion too can be simply a tool of power and not of religious values. Move on folks, hate for the other ain't going away any time soon.


    "Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law."

    'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22715946-injustices


    '13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

    https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html
    One little problem in your rant @midcan5 Judge Dana Sabraw was appointed by George W. Bush (not Trump) in 2003.

    You can run away now !!

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

    Cannons Front (01-14-2020),Captdon (01-14-2020),stjames1_53 (01-14-2020),texan (01-14-2020)

  10. #6
    Points: 18,126, Level: 32
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70908
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    3,367
    Points
    18,126
    Level
    32
    Thanks Given
    853
    Thanked 1,446x in 1,053 Posts
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    lol youre just mad theres ALOT less liberal activist moron judges since trump became President and saved america
    Me, my life is too much fun to be mad. But there are consequences to actions and imagine if there were a final judgment? I'm not religious but hurting children, God's children for some, doesn't seem like something to be proud of? Just sayin....
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do.

    Please note, I do not have time to reply to anyone who really thinks they have countered a point I've made, so please PM me and I will check out your reply. Tx

    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

  11. #7
    Points: 68,964, Level: 64
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    41760
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    25,062
    Points
    68,964
    Level
    64
    Thanks Given
    44,545
    Thanked 12,778x in 9,306 Posts
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This is why Trump wants judges as mindless, soulless, and un-Christian or unhuman as him. Nothing new here. It shows clearly how religion too can be simply a tool of power and not of religious values. Move on folks, hate for the other ain't going away any time soon.


    "Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law."

    'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22715946-injustices


    '13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

    https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html
    oh, so you DO support Human Trafficking. Why does that come as no surprise?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (01-14-2020)

  13. #8
    Points: 68,964, Level: 64
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    41760
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    25,062
    Points
    68,964
    Level
    64
    Thanks Given
    44,545
    Thanked 12,778x in 9,306 Posts
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Me, my life is too much fun to be mad. But there are consequences to actions and imagine if there were a final judgment? I'm not religious but hurting children, God's children for some, doesn't seem like something to be proud of? Just sayin....
    and of course use children as shields to get in to our country illegally...............nice to know you support lawlessness
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Cannons Front (01-14-2020)

  15. #9
    Points: 7,260, Level: 20
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    NapRover's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    14718
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,962
    Points
    7,260
    Level
    20
    Thanks Given
    1,805
    Thanked 1,305x in 879 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s only right if Democrats separate families, i.e. Obama, not Republicans.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NapRover For This Useful Post:

    Cannons Front (01-14-2020),MMC (01-14-2020),stjames1_53 (01-14-2020)

  17. #10
    Points: 55,243, Level: 57
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,107
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    8320
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    25,856
    Points
    55,243
    Level
    57
    Thanks Given
    43,377
    Thanked 8,324x in 6,705 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    A federal judge ruled Monday that the Trump administration is operating within its authority when separating families stopped at the Mexican border, rejecting arguments that it was quietly returning to widespread practices that drew international condemnation.
    The American Civil Liberties Union argued that the administration was splitting families over dubious allegations and minor transgressions including traffic offenses. It asked the judge in July to rule on whether the government was justified in separating 911 children during the first year after the judge halted the general practice in June 2018.


    U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw indicated he was uncomfortable second-guessing government decisions to separate children on grounds that parents were considered unfit or dangerous, or in other limited circumstances like criminal history, communicable diseases and doubts about parentage. He found no evidence that the government was abusing its discretion.


    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ly-separation/
    So. what Obama did was legal.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (01-14-2020),stjames1_53 (01-14-2020)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO