User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: So, blacks were racist for voting for Obama.....

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Let's turn this troll thread into a discussion and consider what you say.

I think if you take the old, traditional sense of race as grouping people by culture, language, common values, etc, then I think it applies. In this sense of the word then those who voted for Kennedy because he was Irish Catholic were racist. There no hint of superiority implied, no hint of oppression involved, it's just people following their instinct to associate with one of their own and reject outsiders. Another example would be the Nordic nations who got rich on capitalism and decided to share the wealth and care for the aging, why not, they knew the people of their nations and trusted them to follow suit in coming generations. Along comes the EU and forced immigration and the loss of trust and a return to more conservative ways. Again, this is the old, traditional sense of race.

Now if you take the modern sense of race then you add in a sense of superiority based not at all on culture, language or shared values but merely skin color. Maybe some did but I think most blacks voting for Obama didn't vote for this reason. I think they voted because they saw in him someone who shared their values, who could see things their way--whether or not that was actually true.

Then there's the postmodern identitarian meaning that adds the implication of oppression, of victimhood, not at the individual level but the group level, group defined shallowly as skin color. I don't think this fits most blacks, some, sure, but not most.
    There is no such thing as a “discussion” whenever you are involved, unless you are parroting something from PragerU.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    There is no such thing as a “discussion” whenever you are involved, unless you are parroting something from PragerU.

really safety

+ Reply to Thread