Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Still locked into only history that serves your purpose eh, @Ransom? How about you tell us how there was chaos in the 60's in the ME or the early 70's. Maybe the west help bring the calm and culture about but that doesn't mean it was ours to just take away with war for oil and corporate glory!
    history serves my purpose when exchanging with you, donttread, because I'm the only one between us aware of history. You're clearly not, it ain't your bag.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,090
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Have I ever suggested that "commenting on moderation" shouldn't be permitted in open forum. Yes, I know it's a rule, but it doesn't happen to be a rule I necessarily agree with. If you can cite an instance of my defending that rule or complaining because someone was violating it, I'd like to see it.
    My point was that commenting on moderation isn't permitted in this open forum...so why are you doing so?

In any case, you've obviously jumped the gun and "responded" to my post without giving it any serious thought. I did not comment on moderation in any way. I did not question any act of moderation, by Ackbar or anyone else. I simply stated that someone who expresses such bigoted and indefensible characterizations of his fellow members cannot be trusted to enforce forum rules with any objectivity.
    What if those 'bigoted characterizations' are dead on f'n correct......Wolf? Mods can have their own opinions biased or otherwise, they let you warp out your nonsense incessantly. Why can't they?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    My point was that commenting on moderation isn't permitted in this open forum...so why are you doing so?

What if those 'bigoted characterizations' are dead on f'n correct......Wolf? Mods can have their own opinions biased or otherwise, they let you warp out your nonsense incessantly. Why can't they?
    I'll keep this as simple as possible, though I'm really surprised that explaining it is even necessary.

If Ackbar, let's say, used his awesome Mod powers to threadban or suspend or even just to warn another member, and I criticized that action, I would then be "questioning moderation". If Ackbar, or any other member of the Mod Team, consistently uses false, misleading and derogatory language in labeling or referring to other members - for example, if a liberal-leaning Mod began calling all Republicans or conservatives "Nazis" or White Supremacists - and I call him to task for it, that is NOT "questioning moderation". Every thing a Moderator writes is not "moderation". Everything a Moderator writes, however, IS a window into his or her mind - AND a reflection of the legitimacy of the forum's leadership.

Yes, by all means Moderators "can have their own opinions biased or otherwise"; they cannot, however, given their positions of authority, express patent falsehoods about the general membership of a political Party or its supporters...for the very reason that many of those who post here under the Moderators' watchful eye (and yes, I laughed, too) and who are subject to their sanctions and punishments are members of those groups. In a thread I was reading this morning, a member was threadbanned for making racist statements; if a Moderator made those same statements, would I be the only one calling for him or her to step down from being a Mod?

I, myself, have made some slightly hyperbolic statements about the forum's Trump supporters; as a Moderator, even as an Advisor, I would never have made those statements...and if one of the current Moderators echoed those sentiments I would be questioning their good judgment and qualifications, as well.

In terms of a real-life parallel, the guy who works down at the local hardware store, or who delivers your mail, can get away with expressing a lot of very biased, even disgusting views that a police officer or most public officials could not get away with; that is because the latter are in a position to discriminate against the people they unfairly denigrate - whether or not they ever actually do so.

The other thing is that that kind of ridiculous labeling and insult reflects poorly on the forum in general; people see a board Moderator making those kinds of statements, and it creates the impression that the leadership possesses bad judgment and is not interested in fair and honest discussion.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (01-20-2020),exotix (01-21-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    I don’t think a minority yet know that they elected a man with personality disorders. Anything Trump says is probably going to sound bizarre to most of the world, except his cult following.

When I look at Trump, he reminds me of the patients in mental health I used to work with. Of course, he waves his arms around and shouts, the same as every other politician, but if you look into his eyes, there’s nothing there. It’s a blank stare. We used to call it, ‘all the lights are on but no one’s home.’ He’s devoid of empathy or emotion, unless it’s himself he’s talking about, which is almost always and that’s the egoistic side coming out. It’s as though he’s a puppet and someone is pulling strings to make him resemble a human.

Personally, I’m not worried what Trump has done in the past, so much as what he’s capable of doing in the future. I just hope that if he goes completely out of control, those around him will stop him playing with the little red buttons in a briefcase nearby. I think the vast majority of the world will breathe a deep sigh of relief when he's gone.
    I am amazed at the number of psychiatrist, lawyers and generals that take the time to post in this forum. Such knowledgeable posters with so much first hand knowledge of the pronouncements they make.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,711
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    I am amazed at the number of psychiatrist, lawyers and generals that take the time to post in this forum. Such knowledgeable posters with so much first hand knowledge of the pronouncements they make.
    We give our experience, knowledge and explanations. You take it, or leave it, or write the usual one liners. It’s also free, which is an added bonus.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I'll keep this as simple as possible, though I'm really surprised that explaining it is even necessary.

If Akbar, let's say, used his awesome Mod powers to threadban or suspend or even just to warn another member, and I criticized that action, I would then be "questioning moderation". If Ackbar, or any other member of the Mod Team, consistently uses false, misleading and derogatory language in labeling or referring to other members - for example, if a liberal-leaning Mod began calling all Republicans or conservatives "Nazis" or White Supremacists - and I call him to task for it, that is NOT "questioning moderation". Every thing a Moderator writes is not "moderation". Everything a Moderator writes, however, IS a window into his or her mind - AND a reflection of the legitimacy of the forum's leadership.

Yes, by all means Moderators "can have their own opinions biased or otherwise"; they cannot, however, given their positions of authority, express patent falsehoods about the general membership of a political Party or its supporters...for the very reason that many of those who post here under the Moderators' watchful eye (and yes, I laughed, too) and who are subject to their sanctions and punishments are members of those groups. In a thread I was reading this morning, a member was threadbanned for making racist statements; if a Moderator made those same statements, would I be the only one calling for him or her to step down from being a Mod?

I, myself, have made some slightly hyperbolic statements about the forum's Trump supporters; as a Moderator, even as an Advisor, I would never have made those statements...and if one of the current Moderators echoed those sentiments I would be questioning their good judgment and qualifications, as well.

In terms of a real-life parallel, the guy who works down at the local hardware store, or who delivers your mail, can get away with expressing a lot of very biased, even disgusting views that a police officer or most public officials could not get away with; that is because the latter are in a position to discriminate against the people they unfairly denigrate - whether or not they ever actually do so.

The other thing is that that kind of ridiculous labeling and insult reflects poorly on the forum in general; people see a board Moderator making those kinds of statements, and it creates the impression that the leadership possesses bad judgment and is not interested in fair and honest discussion.
    Great post as usual !

Ackbar rarely posts here as should be when a mod ... and when he does post its obvious what he is ... and he's more like a *Drive-By Mod* or *Hit 'n Run Mod* ... and almost laughable when he posts ... however, he is of those mods that this forum can come off as a joke and this is disheartening ... but make no mistake ... the stuff he says can trap you into a TB if you respond in-kind ...

There's only one Mod here who posts like a member ... he posts 10 threads a day like did as a member and not a Mod ... these threads are known as Mod-Traps ... where only RWNJ's can actually post without getting warned, infracted and TB'b ... and where eventually a member will be perma-banned ..

This is another reason this Forum has turned to $#@! where ADMIN has allowed this to happen.
    Last edited by exotix; 01-21-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

+ Reply to Thread