User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: VA state senator warns how GOV will treat Monday's protesters.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History is your friend, I watched other countries get disarmed. They had all the excuses in the world not to stand. They wish they could go back in time and stand for freedom of speech and the right to defend themselves now but they listened to people who were afraid back then. Now they can't speak or protect themselves without going to jail.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Ransom (01-19-2020),stjames1_53 (01-19-2020)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Reason10's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,527x in 2,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Oh so everything has to be right for you to stand. Lets wait until an R is in power if they have a backbone. While we are waiting they can take them. That thinking is the right cowards. It is against the constitution for any judge or this guy to say you can't bear arms.
    And you're watching the Democrats wipe their asses on the Constitution. Seriously, do you think ANY of those hacks have actually read that document?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reason10 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-21-2020)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disclaimer: This is strictly hypothetical only if violence breaks out; my viewpoint and my viewpoint only.

The local undertakers must be relishing the protest after all they stand to make a killing if shots are exchanged by either side. I'm sure the media will be in attendance to record history being made.

Then we'll have the aftermath; those who survived the demonstration and participated in any violence will no doubt be charged with a felony (felonies) and if convicted they'll lose the right to own firearms, the right to vote, the right to run for public office, the right to have any federal licenses among other penalties the fed's or state's might hand out including but not limited to any jail time you might end up receiving. But at least you'll have bragging rights and you'll be patriots in the eyes of the other inmates or if you are lucky enough to escape any jail time, with your neighbors and family (in some cases).

Long and short of it is I hope people on both sides quietly protest and get their point out. If they say no weapons allowed, leave them locked up securely in your home or car. Then work to vote people into office who will change the laws and policies that will, in your mind, benefit your beliefs. Violence, while patriotic in some people's view's IMO will not work and you'll end up with families missing loved ones come the next holiday and family get together's.

Actions have consequences; think people, think.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is violence it will be the Anti-First-Amendment (Antifa) fascists. They plan to attack the patriots who are petitioning their government. That is why there will be an armed group (thousands) at the line of ant-second amendment while the unarmed patriots go into the capital to petition their "representatives."
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they do. They think they can take away our rights without violence. Should the black man been so scared to not fight for equal rights? No they knew they would be met with violence but they were brave enough to march. If "Give me liberty or give me death" doesn't mean anything to you then don't show up. I would rather no one show up then a bunch of pansies. The media is going to label them either way in a bad light, but at least they won't be sitting ducks again. We can't have strong Republicans in office because we don't have a strong right that supports them. The right yells, lets go to war with Iran but debates if they stand up for their own rights. That is why I am not Republican.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-19-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they do. They think they can take away our rights without violence. Should the black man been so scared to not fight for equal rights? No they knew they would be met with violence but they were brave enough to march. If "Give me liberty or give me death" doesn't mean anything to you then don't show up. I would rather no one show up then a bunch of pansies. The media is going to label them either way in a bad light, but at least they won't be sitting ducks again. We can't have strong Republicans in office because we don't have a strong right that supports them. The right yells, lets go to war with Iran but debates if they stand up for their own rights. That is why I am not Republican.
    How come there was little or no violence when the National Firearms Act was passed? What's changed between now and then?
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    How come there was little or no violence when the National Firearms Act was passed? What's changed between now and then?
    The National Firearms Act passed in 1934 -- What has changed since then to make us more wary? To name a few:

1. NAZI Germany and other totalitarian regimes have subjugated their people.
    2. The Soviet Union's expansionism and people's inability to defend themselves.
    3. The Iron Curtain.
    4. The Patriot Act.
    5. The American People have become more wary of their government and the politicians, and more willing to assert the right to say so.
    6. Heller.
    7. We have leftists that have openly spoken about taking our guns. (Not mine, I must've been on that same boat that @Admiral Ackbar was on)
    Last edited by DGUtley; 01-19-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    The National Firearms Act passed in 1934 -- What has changed since then to make us more wary? To name a few:

1. NAZI Germany and other totalitarian regimes have subjugated their people.
    2. The Soviet Union's expansionism and people's inability to defend themselves.
    3. The Iron Curtain.
    4. The Patriot Act.
    5. The American People have become more wary of their government and the politicians, and more willing to assert the right to say so.
    6. Heller.
    7. We have leftists that have openly spoken about taking our guns. (Not mine, I must've been on that same boat that @Admiral Ackbar was on)
    I know this is a very important issue for many people in our country so consider this:
    1. Nazi Germany no longer exists; other totalitarian regimes are no threat the US domestically.

2. The Soviet Union no longer exists.

3. The Iron Curtain went out when the Soviet Union ceased to exist.

4. The Patriot Act deals with domestic terrorism.

5. We have extremists on both sides of the fence who rather settle disputes with guns as opposed to using the time honored judicial system that our country uses to settle disputes.

6. Many Virginia residents are getting fed up with all the mass shootings (Virginia Tech and Virginia Beach shootings come to mind) where law abiding gun owning citizens suddenly become criminals when they conduct mass shootings. I suspect many Americans feel the same as well.

Like I said earlier; the laws were passed legally by the state (whether you agree with the law or not). If you don't agree with the law, challenge it in a court of law all the way up to the SCOTUS if necessary. To do otherwise would cause death and anarchy which then (IMO) would put us in the same category as third world countries.

Achievements:
    Reason10's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so everything has to be right for you to stand. Lets wait until an R is in power if they have a backbone. While we are waiting they can take them. That thinking is the right cowards. It is against the constitution for any judge or this guy to say you can't bear arms.
    Excuse me. Did you even read the message I wrote? What are you responding to? '

Did you not see the line "gun grabbing Nazis?"

I think you might have clicked the wrong post to respond to.

Achievements:
    Reason10's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Disclaimer: This is strictly hypothetical only if violence breaks out; my viewpoint and my viewpoint only.

The local undertakers must be relishing the protest after all they stand to make a killing if shots are exchanged by either side. I'm sure the media will be in attendance to record history being made.

Then we'll have the aftermath; those who survived the demonstration and participated in any violence will no doubt be charged with a felony (felonies) and if convicted they'll lose the right to own firearms, the right to vote, the right to run for public office, the right to have any federal licenses among other penalties the fed's or state's might hand out including but not limited to any jail time you might end up receiving. But at least you'll have bragging rights and you'll be patriots in the eyes of the other inmates or if you are lucky enough to escape any jail time, with your neighbors and family (in some cases).

Long and short of it is I hope people on both sides quietly protest and get their point out. If they say no weapons allowed, leave them locked up securely in your home or car. Then work to vote people into office who will change the laws and policies that will, in your mind, benefit your beliefs. Violence, while patriotic in some people's view's IMO will not work and you'll end up with families missing loved ones come the next holiday and family get together's.

The protest is too late. The Nazi gun grabber was elected Governor of Virginia. The ONLY protest that will matter will be Republicans putting up a candidate to defeat Governor Blackface. Anything else is useless symbolism and a waste of time.

Again, to Constitutional Americans (you also know them as mainstream Conservatives)

PAY ATTENTION TO THE GODDAM GOVERNOR'S RACES!!!! THIS NAZI DIDN'T SHOOT HIS WAY INTO POWER.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Reason10 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread