User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: VA state senator warns how GOV will treat Monday's protesters.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial10000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 673x in 523 Posts
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I apologize to the membership for this one off-topic post, but I felt it was important and applies to us all.

Any dialog absent of insults and condescension I consider RESPECTFUL.

I never said i agreed, as he never said he agreed with me, but we were both RESPECTFUL to each other in our dialog.

I butted heads with @jet57 on another website regularly. Even had him on IGNORE, but now i have learned much about how to deal with, and treat others in an internet forum setting.

My 18 month hiatus from the internet showed me much, and changed my perception. It also gave me time to analyze the fact some people log on only to fight and nothing else.
    They constantly have a chip on their shoulder and never have one good thing to say about any member.
    This means I ignore them without putting them in the IGNORE box. I just do it.

You may agree with me, but @John Galt , @Private Pickle, and @PJL are the only three in that group.
    They all have earned their place there by making some pretty personally repulsive posts to me that were 100% wrong in their assertations, and proven so.
    Trying to be nice to them does no good, so for the peace of all I do not read or comment on any thread or post they make.
    @jet57 and plenty of others, are not like them as he responds to given respect with mutual respect back.

The Golden Rule even applies on the internet. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time.
    ...just like it does in real life.
    I'm glad to call you my friend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (01-22-2020)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,468x in 7,694 Posts
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retirednsmilin308 View Post
    i apologize to the membership for this one off-topic post, but i felt it was important and applies to us all.

any dialog absent of insults and condescension i consider respectful.

I never said i agreed, as he never said he agreed with me, but we were both respectful to each other in our dialog.

I butted heads with @jet57 on another website regularly. Even had him on ignore, but now i have learned much about how to deal with, and treat others in an internet forum setting.

My 18 month hiatus from the internet showed me much, and changed my perception. It also gave me time to analyze the fact some people log on only to fight and nothing else.
    They constantly have a chip on their shoulder and never have one good thing to say about any member.
    This means i ignore them without putting them in the ignore box. I just do it.

You may agree with me, but @john galt , @private pickle, and @pjl are the only three in that group.
    They all have earned their place there by making some pretty personally repulsive posts to me that were 100% wrong in their assertations, and proven so.
    Trying to be nice to them does no good, so for the peace of all i do not read or comment on any thread or post they make.
    @jet57 and plenty of others, are not like them as he responds to given respect with mutual respect back.

The golden rule even applies on the internet. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time.
    ...just like it does in real life.
    lol.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

+ Reply to Thread