Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,041x in 1,745 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bidens' situation can not prove Trump's innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The problem with this theory is that Joe violated 18 USC 208 when he acted in a matter that directly affected his son. That is not legal, even if unintentional.
    You are generally saying that Biden had a conflict of interest, and that justifies Trump investigating Biden. I would like to see that brought to trial. I doubt it would hold up. (I am not a lawyer)

1) When Joe acted to influence Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, who's will was he carrying out? His own? Was it Joe's decision to withhold aid from Ukraine? No (He couldn't have withheld it even if he wanted. He was bluffing. He was just the mouthpiece of the United States. Joe Biden was not doing anything in the dark of night, behind closed doors like Trump did. He was transparent and had the backing of congress members and the President. At least 4 of the current Senators (some Republicans) sitting as jurors in the Senate trial were apparently co-conspirators as they co-signed a letter urging Ukraine to fire him. If this had been Joe's decision to talk them into changing the prosecutor. That might qualify for conflict of interest. But he didn't act alone. In addition to congressmen, The EU, The IMF, The US, and domestic anti-corruption advocacy groups wanted that prosecutor gone.

2) Furthermore. Unless I am wrong, Burisma was not even under investigation at the time this happened. So how can there be a sufficient connection between Joe's Financial interest and the Prosecutor?

3) Further still, Even if were true that Burisma was under investigation, firing the current prosecutor would not preclude their office from continuing their investigation/prosecution of Burisma under new leadership. So there would be no benefit to Joe by firing their current head prosecutor.

And we all know that the only reason Hunter was offered that $83K/mo job on Burisma's board was so Burisma had access to the Vice President of the US. That too is illegal. It violates the Foreign Corruption Acts statute and probably others.

So Trump was within his rights to look into it.
    Trump's suspicions of wrongdoing did not center on Hunter's sweet deal. In the call, Trump only complained about the firing of the prosecutor. The terms of Hunter's employment only came into the media's focus as a peripheral issue. Proving that Hunter had a shady deal would therefore not show that the President was justified in asking for investigations. We can put that issue away. But let's not just yet...

It's funny how you guys jump on my back when I say something like "assume" or "presume" but then you guys can say "we all know that the only reason..." The fact is that we do not know what his role was there. He is a Yale educated lawyer. But maybe he has some other expertise that none of us are aware. Or perhaps, Burisma just wanted the prestige of having a "Biden" on the board. Or maybe his insider view point as the the son of a VP provides useful info and insight into US politics. Maybe its some combination of all of that. Maybe its something totally off our radar. We don't know.

Understand that Oil and Gas companies are beyond insanely wealthy. 50K? 83K? even 100K? These amounts are petty cash for them. They could probably pay Hunter $1M/month and not blink just so they have the prestige of saying "we have a Biden on the board".

BTW I want to say I found it disgraceful that Joe bragged publicly about how he was able to extort a nation at war. Though I understand that he was doing it to protect our loan liability, the fact that he seemed to enjoy thumb screwing them in their time of need makes me shake my head. I don't think Joe is much classier than Trump.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 01-28-2020 at 10:02 PM.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,394x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is sufficient reason to ask Ukraine to help investigate the Biden crime family corruption that occurred in Ukraine.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-28-2020),Lummy (01-29-2020),Peter1469 (01-29-2020)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesnt need Biden anything to prove hes innocent, Biden needs trump to try to deflect that hes guilty and a dirtball who pulled dirty deals
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Lummy (01-29-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,556x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe doesn't have to testify. Show the video of Joe admitting to it. It has been posted here a couple of times.

Yes, Joe does not get immunity from criminal acts just by running for president.

Trump was fulfilling his oath of office, and domestic, and international law by seeking investigations into corruption.

You can call Hunter but he will claim the 5th. The Senate can give him immunity and force him to testify. But that will turn into a $#@! show and drag things out. In the alternative you can show clips of interviews that he did- he said on one interview that he told his dad about the neat high paying gig on Burisma's board.

Initially I was for witnesses. After seeing some of the House Managers case I change my mine. It is clear that they have no case and the Senate should dispose of this farce at the earliest convenience. In fact they should have dismissed it two seconds after they got the impeachment.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 01-29-2020 at 05:33 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Lummy (01-29-2020),MisterVeritis (01-29-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    He doesnt need Biden anything to prove hes innocent, Biden needs trump to try to deflect that hes guilty and a dirtball who pulled dirty deals
    Every time democrats accuse Trump of something, it is they who are the guilty perps merely looking to blow a bunch of $#@! out their asses to try to hide themselves.

That OP ignores that fact and continues to try the same old same old that hasn't worked in the numerous times they've tried it just demonstrates how crazy they are. Every time they open their mouths, including OP's yap, it just means another X thousands of votes for Trump.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-29-2020)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,220x in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    You are generally saying that Biden had a conflict of interest, and that justifies Trump investigating Biden. I would like to see that brought to trial. I doubt it would hold up. (I am not a lawyer)

1) When Joe acted to influence Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, who's will was he carrying out? His own? Was it Joe's decision to withhold aid from Ukraine? No (He couldn't have withheld it even if he wanted. He was bluffing. He was just the mouthpiece of the United States. Joe Biden was not doing anything in the dark of night, behind closed doors like Trump did. He was transparent and had the backing of congress members and the President. At least 4 of the current Senators (some Republicans) sitting as jurors in the Senate trial were apparently co-conspirators as they co-signed a letter urging Ukraine to fire him. If this had been Joe's decision to talk them into changing the prosecutor. That might qualify for conflict of interest. But he didn't act alone. In addition to congressmen, The EU, The IMF, The US, and domestic anti-corruption advocacy groups wanted that prosecutor gone.

2) Furthermore. Unless I am wrong, Burisma was not even under investigation at the time this happened. So how can there be a sufficient connection between Joe's Financial interest and the Prosecutor?

3) Further still, Even if were true that Burisma was under investigation, firing the current prosecutor would not preclude their office from continuing their investigation/prosecution of Burisma under new leadership. So there would be no benefit to Joe by firing their current head prosecutor.

Trump's suspicions of wrongdoing did not center on Hunter's sweet deal. In the call, Trump only complained about the firing of the prosecutor. The terms of Hunter's employment only came into the media's focus as a peripheral issue. Proving that Hunter had a shady deal would therefore not show that the President was justified in asking for investigations. We can put that issue away. But let's not just yet...

It's funny how you guys jump on my back when I say something like "assume" or "presume" but then you guys can say "we all know that the only reason..." The fact is that we do not know what his role was there. He is a Yale educated lawyer. But maybe he has some other expertise that none of us are aware. Or perhaps, Burisma just wanted the prestige of having a "Biden" on the board. Or maybe his insider view point as the the son of a VP provides useful info and insight into US politics. Maybe its some combination of all of that. Maybe its something totally off our radar. We don't know.

Understand that Oil and Gas companies are beyond insanely wealthy. 50K? 83K? even 100K? These amounts are petty cash for them. They could probably pay Hunter $1M/month and not blink just so they have the prestige of saying "we have a Biden on the board".

BTW I want to say I found it disgraceful that Joe bragged publicly about how he was able to extort a nation at war. Though I understand that he was doing it to protect our loan liability, the fact that he seemed to enjoy thumb screwing them in their time of need makes me shake my head. I don't think Joe is much classier than Trump.
    2) it was
    3) it got shelved

Just sayin...
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

+ Reply to Thread