Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharyl Attkisson Cover-Up

"The Department of Justice Coverup of its Spying on Me Continues

By Sharyl Attkisson
    There has been a lot of water under the bridge since 2013 when CBS News first publicly announced the forensic evidence proving I was victimized by a long-term, remote effort to illegally spy on me and my CBS work through my computers."
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...continues.html

"Going on seven years now, the DOJ remains precisely where it started: in huddle down and cover up mode. Rather than acknowledge the forensic evidence and dig deeper to identify all of the agents who touched the illegal operation and all of the victimized Americans, and rather than being incensed by the confession of a former federal agent who admitting spying on me, DOJ has used unlimited taxpayer dollars to block pursuit of the facts.

"In a just or fair system, the DOJ would not have searched for legal excuses to dismiss the lawsuit I filed to bring the abuses to light… in fact, there would be no need for me to pursue a civil court case because the DOJ would have already prosecuted the guilty parties.

"Yet here we are."

Yes, here we are. The crimes were committed under the Obama administration but the continued cover-up, which I believe is in effect, is an on-going crime. It suggests that AG Bill Barr is a part of the Deep State who sees his job as protecting the bureaucracy.

For me, it raises questions about President Trump's sincerity in saying he wants to drain the swamp.

Remember..." in fact, there would be no need for me to pursue a civil court case because the DOJ would have already prosecuted the guilty parties."

I spent a few years fielding complaints from citizens about police officers and the experience they had. I decided to ignore the advice of attorneys to "deny, deny, deny" and to lie, clean up reports, and frustrate the people complaining.

A very small percentage of the complaints involved wanting money. Those I disposed of in about thirty seconds. "Get a lawyer and sue us."

The other, the overwhelming majority involved people who, at the very least, sincerely believed they'd been wrong and in most of the cases I agreed that had the officer handled it better there would have been no problem.

People wanted an apology and most wanted to know what I would do to see that the problem didn't continue is it were systemic. Sometimes I apologized for the department, sometimes the chief apologized, and sometimes I required the officer to personally apologize. Of course, the police union had absolutely no interest in the community or even in what had happened so I had to deal with them, too.

Why do people still, under President Trump and AG Bill Barr still have problems obtaining evidence for which they have lawful access from the government for things that occurred under the reign of Barack "I rule with a pen and a phone" Obama? I think the answer is clear.

The Deep State is still covering their ass and the criminals working in the government.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Common (01-29-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe Attkisson has ever covered up anything.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No pun intended. What I'm saying is, why don't you pay attention to what you're posting?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is right even under trump the DOJ has not pursued all these cases of abuse that are clearly out there. They have been vigorous avoiding them it appears.

I would have hoped trump would have pushed to expose them
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,637
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,113x in 28,514 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    "The Department of Justice Coverup of its Spying on Me Continues

By Sharyl Attkisson
    There has been a lot of water under the bridge since 2013 when CBS News first publicly announced the forensic evidence proving I was victimized by a long-term, remote effort to illegally spy on me and my CBS work through my computers."
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...continues.html

"Going on seven years now, the DOJ remains precisely where it started: in huddle down and cover up mode. Rather than acknowledge the forensic evidence and dig deeper to identify all of the agents who touched the illegal operation and all of the victimized Americans, and rather than being incensed by the confession of a former federal agent who admitting spying on me, DOJ has used unlimited taxpayer dollars to block pursuit of the facts.

"In a just or fair system, the DOJ would not have searched for legal excuses to dismiss the lawsuit I filed to bring the abuses to light… in fact, there would be no need for me to pursue a civil court case because the DOJ would have already prosecuted the guilty parties.

"Yet here we are."

Yes, here we are. The crimes were committed under the Obama administration but the continued cover-up, which I believe is in effect, is an on-going crime. It suggests that AG Bill Barr is a part of the Deep State who sees his job as protecting the bureaucracy.

For me, it raises questions about President Trump's sincerity in saying he wants to drain the swamp.

Remember..." in fact, there would be no need for me to pursue a civil court case because the DOJ would have already prosecuted the guilty parties."

I spent a few years fielding complaints from citizens about police officers and the experience they had. I decided to ignore the advice of attorneys to "deny, deny, deny" and to lie, clean up reports, and frustrate the people complaining.

A very small percentage of the complaints involved wanting money. Those I disposed of in about thirty seconds. "Get a lawyer and sue us."

The other, the overwhelming majority involved people who, at the very least, sincerely believed they'd been wrong and in most of the cases I agreed that had the officer handled it better there would have been no problem.

People wanted an apology and most wanted to know what I would do to see that the problem didn't continue is it were systemic. Sometimes I apologized for the department, sometimes the chief apologized, and sometimes I required the officer to personally apologize. Of course, the police union had absolutely no interest in the community or even in what had happened so I had to deal with them, too.

Why do people still, under President Trump and AG Bill Barr still have problems obtaining evidence for which they have lawful access from the government for things that occurred under the reign of Barack "I rule with a pen and a phone" Obama? I think the answer is clear.

The Deep State is still covering their ass and the criminals working in the government.
    The Deep State is there and is fighting. They are not just covering up.
    This was exaclty the same era as when they were spying on James Rosen. That was all buried as well as they could.
    Last edited by carolina73; 01-29-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle Ferd would like any pics forwarded to him...

... of her uncovered.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    What an amazingly helpful comment. I never expect you had it in you. Sorry you support the cover up of the spying operation against her.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,487x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    She is right even under trump the DOJ has not pursued all these cases of abuse that are clearly out there. They have been vigorous avoiding them it appears.

I would have hoped trump would have pushed to expose them
    I would expect that there are too many old cases and the DoJ simply doesn't have the manpower to spare. They have ongoing and new cases to worry about.

Perhaps this is an example where we need a special council.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    What an amazingly helpful comment. I never expect you had it in you. Sorry you support the cover up of the spying operation against her.
    It's $#@! like this that really pisses me off. Not cute, not clever, not even logical. You make no sense. It's just $#@!, which seems about all you got.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and thank you for your service.

+ Reply to Thread