User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hunt is on: Film about liberal elites hunting conservatives is uncanceled......

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hunt is on: Film about liberal elites hunting conservatives is uncanceled......

A horror movie about liberal elites hunting conservatives for fun will hit theaters after a monthslong delay.

The Hunt, which was promoted as political satire, told the story of a group of "elites" who hunt other people known as "deplorables," ostensibly referring to the nickname given to Trump's supporters by Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign. The film was slated to hit theaters in September, but Universal Studios pulled it after the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

The movie will now hit theaters on March 13, according to a new trailer posted Tuesday......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-is-uncanceled

Now the left can't cry and whine or blame others for what they give.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hunt is coming out after all, and it's going to irritate everyone.....

Remember that odd, Hunger Games-meets-2016 election movie that got canceled last summer? Well, it’s back on schedule.

In case you forgot about the controversy, here's a refresher: Shortly after the trailer for The Hunt was released, the El Paso and Dayton shootings in August prompted Universal to delay the opening of the gory film.

The Hunt’s creators describe it as “a timely and provocative new satirical thriller that has already ignited a national conversation.” The plot is as follows: “In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt ordinary Americans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of The Hunted … knows The Hunters’ game better than they do.”

Hunger Games meet the "elites" and the "deplorables." As one character summarizes in the trailer, “Every year, these liberal elites kidnap a bunch of normal folks like us and hunt us for sport.”

The film won't defer to the outrage, though. A source close to the studio tells me it's the same as it was before, with no changes to placate the mob on either side of the outrage aisle.

“We set out to tell a story that didn’t take sides, and that meant, yes, being fair and balanced in satirically roasting all sides ... to have fun without trying to force a message down anyone’s throat or wagging our fingers ... to trust the audience to make up their minds for themselves," he told Fox News.

Plus, it might even be unifying. …..snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...itate-everyone

Oh yeah.....it might even be unifying says the leftist.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous and I dont go to the movies, rent movies, or watch very many movies. ALL movies I watch are because my wife wants to watch them.

I was never enamored with Hollywood productions or Movie Stars
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

MMC (02-12-2020),stjames1_53 (02-12-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Ridiculous and I dont go to the movies, rent movies, or watch very many movies. ALL movies I watch are because my wife wants to watch them.

I was never enamored with Hollywood productions or Movie Stars
    Cmon now.....leftists think this will unify people.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be honest, for a change. If a movie featured "liberals" being hunted for sport, you'd be wildly enthusiastic about it, or at the very least be making elaborate excuses for its existence. Some of you, like stjames in a thread the other day, don't even attempt to hide your arousal at the idea of shooting down libs.

Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53
    It's open season, I say we start shooting.
    I met a fellow last night at a homeless shelter, a volunteer like my wife and myself, that declared that my vote doesn't count because my vote should be locked up in Riker's Island.
    Screw these pieces of sh!t!
    You m'fers want a war. You have just convinced me you are trying to kill us or deny us our Right to vote for whom we choose and are willing to take extreme measures to silence my vote.
    Today is a good day for target practice..............

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...58#post2791858

If the killers in this movie are, in fact, supposed to be liberals, then that makes them the villains; if, as pre-release descriptions of the plot suggest, they are somehow outsmarted or out-maneuvered by one of their intended victims, that would make him or her the hero. So what the heck are you whining about?

Anyway, there was a low budget film that addressed the idea of ridding the world of Right-wing bullies one at a time quite entertainingly, and the cast was incredible.

Cameron Diaz, Courtney Vance, Bill Paxton, Mark Harmon, Charles Durning, Nora Dunn, Jason Alexander and - as the Limbaugh-esque character - Ron Perlman. (BTW, if you do find and watch this film, there is a clever clue as to the ultimate fate of the killers in the graphics of the closing credits sequence.)
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Be honest, for a change. If a movie featured "liberals" being hunted for sport, you'd be wildly enthusiastic about it, or at the very least be making elaborate excuses for its existence. Some of you, like stjames in a thread the other day, don't even attempt to hide your arousal at the idea of shooting down libs.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...58#post2791858

If the killers in this movie are, in fact, supposed to be liberals, then that makes them the villains; if, as pre-release descriptions of the plot suggest, they are somehow outsmarted or out-maneuvered by one of their intended victims, that would make him or her the hero. So what the heck are you whining about?

Anyway, there was a low budget film that addressed the idea of ridding the world of Right-wing bullies one at a time quite entertainingly, and the cast was incredible.

Cameron Diaz, Courtney Vance, Bill Paxton, Mark Harmon, Charles Durning, Nora Dunn, Jason Alexander and - as the Limbaugh-esque character - Ron Perlman. (BTW, if you do find and watch this film, there is a clever clue as to the ultimate fate of the killers in the graphics of the closing credits sequence.)
    Yes be honest Wolfman. The reaction would be the same from the left if a Movie came out with Conservatives hunting Leftists.

Which say nothing to the fact about it coming out now. Wherein the Leftness whines about the dividing of the country. That non stop wailing from the left wherein they don't do anything to unite the country.

How about a movie wherein the Left and Right hunt Jihadists?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A horror movie about liberal elites hunting conservatives for fun will hit theaters after a monthslong delay.

The Hunt, which was promoted as political satire, told the story of a group of "elites" who hunt other people known as "deplorables," ostensibly referring to the nickname given to Trump's supporters by Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign. The film was slated to hit theaters in September, but Universal Studios pulled it after the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

The movie will now hit theaters on March 13, according to a new trailer posted Tuesday......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-is-uncanceled

Now the left can't cry and whine or blame others for what they give.

This is premature release, as it were. Had they waited until mid-September for it, it would have served as a democrat rallying cry for civil war.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

MMC (02-13-2020)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Stick's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 224x in 135 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like this is just a rip off of "The Most Dangerous Game" with deplorables taking the place of Rainsford.

Meh... much ado about nothing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stick For This Useful Post:

Lummy (02-12-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And simply another in a long string of democrat annoyances.

+ Reply to Thread