Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can deal...

...with millions of liberals.

This is an interesting article about a liberal knitter who is planning on voting for Donald Trump.

"Normally when I publish content online, I focus on the world of work. I hope you’ll forgive this brief departure, but I think that those of us on the left need to take a long look in the mirror and have an honest conversation about what’s going on.

"If you had told me 3 years ago that I would ever attend a Donald Trump rally, I would have laughed while assuring you that was never going to happen. Heck, if you had told me I would do it 3 months ago, I probably would have done the same thing. So, how did I find myself among 11,000+ Trump supporters in Manchester NH? Believe it or not, it all started with knitting."https://medium.com/@karlyn/ive-been-...e-c69ddaaf6d07

If you're interested, and capable, of helping President Trump win in November, read the article. Read what it took to bring one person from the left back to America. I realize millions are lost but millions are available to vote for Trump if they understand it's okay.

A few months ago I quit going to the Oaxaca Lending Library, an English library, because it was, in my view, a Democrat social club and I was tired of the horse$#@!. One woman said I needed to be killed but she was clearly insane and another woman had the vapors because I referred to economically "poor Indians".

Now, I'm planning to go back. Not just as someone who is known to be a misfit but a misfit with a "Trump-2020" pin in plain sight.

If you read the article, ask yourself if you're capable of debating a position or are you more like a Democrat who thinks name calling and shouting will get the job done. I found the article interesting and I'm going to see if I can engage some Democrats.

I would also suggest to leftists that they try arguing logically and quit punching people, driving cars through registration tents, and screaming at the sky. Take a shot at actually discussing.
    Last edited by patrickt; 02-13-2020 at 08:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Common (02-13-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know more than a few veterans and others from the elks and the moose that were lifelong democrats, that have switched to the GOP or independent.

Anyone with half a brain sees what the democrats are all about and if you know and still vote for it, then you are every bit as bad as they are.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I know more than a few veterans and others from the elks and the moose that were lifelong democrats, that have switched to the GOP or independent.

Anyone with half a brain sees what the democrats are all about and if you know and still vote for it, then you are every bit as bad as they are.
    No. A lot of Democrats function on history and emotion. I was talking to a neighbor and she asked me about the border fence. I shrugged and said that it made sense in areas with dense population, on either side of the border, made less sense in the wilderness, and didn't cost enough to be a big issue. I asked her what she thought about open borders and she said, "I never really thought about it." We talked about it a bit and she agreed that open borders aren't a good idea.

Then I asked about school choice. "What is that? Deciding which school you want to go to?" No, that's left over from Jim Crow days. It's whether or not your child should be forced to attend public schools. "Well, no, they shouldn't." What if you're poor, living in the Chicago ghetto, with a really smart kid but no money? "Well, perhaps the government should help." Oh, but what would the teachers' unions have to say about that? At that point she choked.

But, I believe I left her thinking.

If you can't do that, Common, don't try. It's like fighting with a pig. You'll get dirty and besides, the pig enjoys it. If you can do it, talk with them. No when they agree with you but when they don't.

Topics: Free speech. I'm for free speech and Democrats, and some conservatives, are opposed to free speech. Immigration: How about a rational immigration policy. That's something we haven't tried in 75 years. How about civil seizures? I've yet to meet a Democrat who knows what a civil seizure is. What about due process? Double jeopardy? What about equal protection under the law?

There is so much the Democrats stand for that wrong, unconstitutional, and just not bright. Political discourse on the left is Robert DeNiro. It's Bill Maher hoping for another Great Depression to get Trump.

Only going after Democrats that want to be Americans is like only eating fruit after it's fallen on the ground. Go for bright Democrats.

+ Reply to Thread