Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,032x in 1,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That is not the only article written about the Flynn case. If you have been following it nothing that I said would be new to you. John Solomon of the Hill has the best reporting on the Flynn scandal.
    This case is truly confusing.
    Having loosely followed the flynn case, I have gotten the feeling that Flynn may have been mistreated. He has made certain claims in line with what you say, such as he didn't know he was formally being interviewed, and that he didn't know it was against the law to lie to the FBI. In a vacuum those statements seem silly. But I don't think the FBI denied that they let him think it was informal. They wanted him to remain unguarded. Still, the judge reviewed the interview and rejected there was anything improper.

Another thing I dont get is why does that judge seem to have it in for Flynn. I remember when he he was originally supposed to get sentenced the prosecutors were praising Flynn up and down. They were saying no jail time was appropriate. Then the judge comes in and starts asking them if they think a case could be made for treason. WTF? Out of nowhere. I am not sure if it is the same judge that said there was nothing wrong with the FBI interview.

Both sides are acting weird and very unstable. The prosecutors were initially very willing to recommend no jail time. Either Flynn was enormously cooperative as they claimed, or maybe they felt he didn't really deserve it in the first place and the charges were trumped up to use as leverage for answers. I actually don't mind that someone review this whole thing. But I definitely don't think Barr should be the one to say who does. It should be given to the FBI IG. Barr has lost credibility a few times over. He needs to step away.

BTW, I think saying that it is "apparent" there was misconduct is unfair and unfounded. Nothing here is clear.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,602x in 94,423 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Your assertion is a lie.

That's it.
    Incorrect.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,602x in 94,423 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted his new lawyer's briefing that outlines the prosecutions' misconduct. Read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    This case is truly confusing.
    Having loosely followed the flynn case, I have gotten the feeling that Flynn may have been mistreated. He has made certain claims in line with what you say, such as he didn't know he was formally being interviewed, and that he didn't know it was against the law to lie to the FBI. In a vacuum those statements seem silly. But I don't think the FBI denied that they let him think it was informal. They wanted him to remain unguarded. Still, the judge reviewed the interview and rejected there was anything improper.

Another thing I dont get is why does that judge seem to have it in for Flynn. I remember when he he was originally supposed to get sentenced the prosecutors were praising Flynn up and down. They were saying no jail time was appropriate. Then the judge comes in and starts asking them if they think a case could be made for treason. WTF? Out of nowhere. I am not sure if it is the same judge that said there was nothing wrong with the FBI interview.

Both sides are acting weird and very unstable. The prosecutors were initially very willing to recommend no jail time. Either Flynn was enormously cooperative as they claimed, or maybe they felt he didn't really deserve it in the first place and the charges were trumped up to use as leverage for answers. I actually don't mind that someone review this whole thing. But I definitely don't think Barr should be the one to say who does. It should be given to the FBI IG. Barr has lost credibility a few times over. He needs to step away.

BTW, I think saying that it is "apparent" there was misconduct is unfair and unfounded. Nothing here is clear.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Incorrect.
    You can't prove your assertion, so it will always remain a lie.

+ Reply to Thread