User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got this in the mail yesterday from JAPAN. How strange.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got this in the mail yesterday from JAPAN. How strange.

They say the GUVMINT will spend $100,000 to collect $100 from you....well Amazon has them beat.
    Look at this.

When I lived in Japan, I liked a lot of things about it.

One of them were these little caps you can put over your sharpened pencil to keep its tip protected.

OK, I go to Amazon and bought a few packs of them and they all came in...or so I thought.

Nope, one package I ordered was not filled. That was about a month ago. So yesterday I get the order completed.

Here is the strange part.....Amazon had some cheap-assed metal pencil tip protectors shipped to me all the way from Japan.
    In Japan, this little package would have only cost about 100 Yen...about 80 cents.

SO AMAZON PAID TO SHIP AN 80 CENT PACK OF PENCIL COVERS TO ME ALL THE WAY FROM JAPAN TO FULFILL MY ORDER !!!

Words can not express the amazement, surprise, disgust, foreboding, and happiness at the lengths they would go through to see my order was fulfilled.

Dave
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 02-18-2020 at 06:25 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (02-18-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (02-18-2020)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The oddest interaction I've ever had with Amazon is the time I bought a DVD of the film Splice. When it arrived, I noticed that it had a small circle printed on the cover with the word "RENTAL" in it. It was not a sticker - it was actually part of the cover design. I wondered whether this indicated that it was different in content in some way. (I've subsequently found out that it does not.) A day or two after I sent a message through the website, asking what that "RENTAL" label meant, I received an email apologizing for "not getting the cover that you wanted" and advising me that my payment for it was being refunded, and that I could keep the DVD. Weird, but okay.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (02-18-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me understand this. You are pissed at Amazon because they went through extraordinary lengths to insure you, the customer, received everything you paid for? Is that what you are telling us?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    Let me understand this. You are pissed at Amazon because they went through extraordinary lengths to insure you, the customer, received everything you paid for? Is that what you are telling us?
    NO, I am not saying that at all, and you DO NOT UNDERSTAND this.

I am not pissed at anyone or anything.

I AM dumbstruck and awed by their supply chain and their administration of it.

They may rule the world one day !!!

These are common five and dime store items over there and even in some places in California. I saw them.

Yet they flew one small package of them via a trans-pacific flight just so they could complete my order.

Where the hell did you derived "pissed" from any of that ???

Does your mind just naturally go to the negative as a default reaction to what you read?

When I said in post number 1....

" Words can not express the amazement, surprise, disgust, foreboding, and happiness at the lengths they would go through to see my order was fulfilled. "

I mentioned FIVE...count em'...FIVE emotions. Yet you focused on only one of them and ignored all the other four.

This tells me this is your default reaction. To focus on the negative only, and ignore all else said.

I mention this because you have done it before and I see a pattern.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 02-18-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit off topic. Etsy is another site that ships from the world although you may have to pay shipping. I buy gifts for my wife and others from them and try to buy USA. The assortment is mind boggling. Remember our military duffel (green) bags, etsy has all sort of bags. I can't remember if it was Amazon but I once bought a Sigma camera that was being replaced as they are constantly are from Japan and it was half price. When (I) we grew up Japanese stuff was considered junk, how that has changed and an American helped them. We still drive made here American autos and that is getting harder. And just imagine how expensive our food will become if that wall ever worked. lol
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

10. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

waltky (02-18-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder, though, did Amazon pay or the shipper--probably the latter, hoping to expand market.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I wonder, though, did Amazon pay or the shipper--probably the latter, hoping to expand market.
    I agree it was probably the shipper, but for a different reason. A Japanese company would be mortified that they made a mistake on an order. They are the definition of attention to detail - it's a cultural thing.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread