Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandmother

Disclaimer: I am just going to post this, I know it will probably rub some people the wrong way, religiously speaking. But it is just my story and I am sharing it not challenging anyones belief's.

My grandmother recently passed away, she is someone who I love more than anyone else in the world. I have had a very deep connection with her every since I was a child. She loved me too, so very much. Around three years ago I moved hundreds of miles away, so I hadn't seen her since.

A few weeks before Christmas, I had a dream that she passed away. It really upset me, even though it was just a dream. Just dreaming it was too much. I put together a package to send her for Christmas. I sent her something she loved the most, decorations. I sent beautiful Christmas ornaments and a nativity statue, I also sent a soft blanket. I just wanted to tell her I loved her.

My grandmother was a devout Christian, she was the daughter of a preacher. Even though she knew that I don't have a religion, she still loved me. She told me of all the Christian people she knew that even though I wasn't a Christian that I was the most Christian person she knew. She accepted me for who I was, with all my flaws. She loved to sing hymns, every time I would visit her she would sing me old church songs.

She loved appreciated and held onto life. She used to have a home with a yard that she made into a heaven paradise. Never have I seen so many flowers, so many beautiful colors. She spent hours everyday watering them, they were her greatest joy. She always told her children, "don't buy me flowers after I die, give them to me while I am still alive". She truly was wise. My grandmother decorated everything even her yard. It was her paradise, her heaven on earth. She even had a sparrow land on her hand once, that says something. She had planted a willow tree among those flowers and she planted the most beautiful wisteria flowers it took 11 years for them to get their first flowers, but year after year she tended them beautifully one day they began to bloom.

My grandmother lived in constant prayer. She prayed for everyone and held no hate in her heart. She was truly a beautiful being. She was beautiful inside and out, she never did look her age. She passed away without one wrinkle on her body. She was flawless.

A few days before she passed away, I had another dream about her. I dreamed we were visiting one another, and she hugged me for a long time in that dream, she talked to me about my heart and loving. Even though it was just a dream, I feel grateful for it.

The day she passed away, I wrote this letter.

We all knew this day would come someday, but we hoped it would not come.
    Who among us can hold off the tides of impermanence?
    Life and death are part of every moment.
    Woven into the fabric of life, without death there can be no life.
    There will not always be a tomorrow.

Today was that day, the day my beautiful grandmother breathed her last. My heart felt so heavy, I began to weep. I could feel my grandmother in me. I could feel her facial expressions, her way of being. I put my hands together palm to palm, clearly aware that me and my grandmother are one. I cleared my heart, and touched the vast. I relaxed my body and allowed a smile to form on my tear stained face.

I thought grandmother you and I are not two, I will do my part to bring you peace and non fear in your transformation. I could feel my grandmother in me strongly. I went on a journey in my mind for my grandmother. I thought of all of her grandchildren, how she is them. I looked deeply into how she was reborn into her children and grandchildren. We are each her continuation. Then I let us go into space and look back at the earth. Grandma in the same way that we are you, we are the earth. I seen the great multitudes of beings who have came and gone rising up from the dust and going back, beings without number. I thought clearly we are the earth itself.

Then I thought just as we are the earth so too are we the whole cosmos. Just as we come from the earth. The earth comes from the whole cosmos.

Grandma look, we are part of the whole cosmos, we are everything. Look back at the earth, do you see? We are just like waves on the ocean that rise and fall. We are not bound by this body grandma, we truly are life without boundaries. Do not be afraid, smile with me grandma.

Do you see? You are made from the stars, you are made from the sun, and the ocean. Since before time you were always here.
    We are not born, and we do not die. We are life without boundaries. Moment by moment we are meeting at the source.

Do you see the smile in your grandchild's eyes? That is you. They are made from you.
    Do you see the living beings on the earth? They are the earth, they are made from her.
    Do you see the earth spinning in the vastness of space? She is made from it.
    We are everything.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captdon (04-05-2020),Common (02-23-2020),Cotton1 (02-23-2020),donttread (04-05-2020),roadmaster (02-23-2020),Standing Wolf (02-23-2020)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am a Christian grandmother. What mine us to say especially on my dads side when we would attend a funeral, she would quote the Bible.

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no
    hope

I will see her again.

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the
    hope
    of eternal life.

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively
    hope
    by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Christians are not afraid of death, thanks for sharing JAP

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (02-23-2020),Just AnotherPerson (02-23-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,628x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two children never met their grandmothers. Pam's died of a heart attack in 86; and mine was killed in a car accident in '93. I feel as though they lost out on a lot. I have so many vivid memories of my grandparents (notwithstanding the oatmeal story about my paternal grandfather).
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (04-05-2020),Cotton1 (02-23-2020),Just AnotherPerson (02-23-2020)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    My two children never met their grandmothers. Pam's died of a heart attack in 86; and mine was killed in a car accident in '93. I feel as though they lost out on a lot. I have so many vivid memories of my grandparents (notwithstanding the oatmeal story about my paternal grandfather).
    That's so sad. May I ask What the oatmeal story is? :)
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (02-23-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,628x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    That's so sad. May I ask What the oatmeal story is?
    There was a thread earlier this week about oatmeal. I haven't eaten oatmeal since I was young b/c I have a vivid memory of my Dad's Dad making me eat oatmeal about seven years old. Such drama in my little mind.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (02-23-2020),Just AnotherPerson (02-23-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    There was a thread earlier this week about oatmeal. I haven't eaten oatmeal since I was young b/c I have a vivid memory of my Dad's Dad making me eat oatmeal about seven years old. Such drama in my little mind.
    Oh yeah I do remember that the Oatmeal PTSD. :)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (02-23-2020)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Disclaimer: I am just going to post this, I know it will probably rub some people the wrong way, religiously speaking. But it is just my story and I am sharing it not challenging anyones belief's.

My grandmother recently passed away, she is someone who I love more than anyone else in the world. I have had a very deep connection with her every since I was a child. She loved me too, so very much. Around three years ago I moved hundreds of miles away, so I hadn't seen her since.

A few weeks before Christmas, I had a dream that she passed away. It really upset me, even though it was just a dream. Just dreaming it was too much. I put together a package to send her for Christmas. I sent her something she loved the most, decorations. I sent beautiful Christmas ornaments and a nativity statue, I also sent a soft blanket. I just wanted to tell her I loved her.

My grandmother was a devout Christian, she was the daughter of a preacher. Even though she knew that I don't have a religion, she still loved me. She told me of all the Christian people she knew that even though I wasn't a Christian that I was the most Christian person she knew. She accepted me for who I was, with all my flaws. She loved to sing hymns, every time I would visit her she would sing me old church songs.

She loved appreciated and held onto life. She used to have a home with a yard that she made into a heaven paradise. Never have I seen so many flowers, so many beautiful colors. She spent hours everyday watering them, they were her greatest joy. She always told her children, "don't buy me flowers after I die, give them to me while I am still alive". She truly was wise. My grandmother decorated everything even her yard. It was her paradise, her heaven on earth. She even had a sparrow land on her hand once, that says something. She had planted a willow tree among those flowers and she planted the most beautiful wisteria flowers it took 11 years for them to get their first flowers, but year after year she tended them beautifully one day they began to bloom.

My grandmother lived in constant prayer. She prayed for everyone and held no hate in her heart. She was truly a beautiful being. She was beautiful inside and out, she never did look her age. She passed away without one wrinkle on her body. She was flawless.

A few days before she passed away, I had another dream about her. I dreamed we were visiting one another, and she hugged me for a long time in that dream, she talked to me about my heart and loving. Even though it was just a dream, I feel grateful for it.

The day she passed away, I wrote this letter.
    We all knew this day would come someday, but we hoped it would not come.
    Who among us can hold off the tides of impermanence?
    Life and death are part of every moment.
    Woven into the fabric of life, without death there can be no life.
    There will not always be a tomorrow.

Today was that day, the day my beautiful grandmother breathed her last. My heart felt so heavy, I began to weep. I could feel my grandmother in me. I could feel her facial expressions, her way of being. I put my hands together palm to palm, clearly aware that me and my grandmother are one. I cleared my heart, and touched the vast. I relaxed my body and allowed a smile to form on my tear stained face.

I thought grandmother you and I are not two, I will do my part to bring you peace and non fear in your transformation. I could feel my grandmother in me strongly. I went on a journey in my mind for my grandmother. I thought of all of her grandchildren, how she is them. I looked deeply into how she was reborn into her children and grandchildren. We are each her continuation. Then I let us go into space and look back at the earth. Grandma in the same way that we are you, we are the earth. I seen the great multitudes of beings who have came and gone rising up from the dust and going back, beings without number. I thought clearly we are the earth itself.

Then I thought just as we are the earth so too are we the whole cosmos. Just as we come from the earth. The earth comes from the whole cosmos.

Grandma look, we are part of the whole cosmos, we are everything. Look back at the earth, do you see? We are just like waves on the ocean that rise and fall. We are not bound by this body grandma, we truly are life without boundaries. Do not be afraid, smile with me grandma.

Do you see? You are made from the stars, you are made from the sun, and the ocean. Since before time you were always here.
    We are not born, and we do not die. We are life without boundaries. Moment by moment we are meeting at the source.

Do you see the smile in your grandchild's eyes? That is you. They are made from you.
    Do you see the living beings on the earth? They are the earth, they are made from her.
    Do you see the earth spinning in the vastness of space? She is made from it.
    We are everything.

Condolances Just. She sounds like a fantastic lady.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Captdon (04-05-2020),Just AnotherPerson (04-05-2020),Orion Rules (04-05-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Condolances Just. She sounds like a fantastic lady.
    Thank you Donttread, that means a lot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-08-2020),Orion Rules (04-05-2020)

+ Reply to Thread