Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your family story

We all come from so many different backgrounds no two stories are the same. Our ansestors toiled the lands, and labored, here we are the product of their actions. We are their continuations. Those who came before us worked to build a better world for the children of tomorrow, that is the way it has always been. In the bigger picture we humans are selfless, in the way where we live our lives not just for our own life but for future lives.

My family story is a strange one. My father grew up dirt poor, and when I say dirt poor, I mean literally thier house had dirt floors. The story begins in Mexico, my grandfather a dashing spaniard with piercing blue eyes, came from a family of nobility (I do not belive in such titles, but for the sake of story telling) They owned lands and homes, and were trained in the arts.

Then, the revolution happened. The militairy commandeered all of their belongings leaving them destitute and with nothing. My grandfather met my grandmother part Spanish, part native Mexican. They were devout Catholics and had a large family. They lived in the mountains of Mexico. They lived in homes made of grass, and slept on straw as beds. My grandfather was educated and was the only Notary around. He filed birth, marriage, and death certificates. He was a skilled leather worker.

My father tells me of how even though they were poor they never lost their dignity. He says that they even ironed their clothes with an iron heated on the fire. Even growing up my father never let us go without wearing ironed clothes. He always told me to wear wrinkly clothes is sign of laziness.

My father says that as soon as a child was able he was sent to work. My father started working at the age of 4. They would travel by foot to the city, they would work all day. Sometimes their only pay was moldy food. What ever they received for their daily wage they would take it back to the family for everyone to share.

He told me of how they were so poor that the whole family would share a small apple. They would cut it into slices that were so thin you could see through it, and they would spend hours eating that one piece of apple.

My father started his own small business when he was little, he started raising chickens. He was able to make enough money to pay for his own schooling how ever limited.

My family to this day is very loving and considerate of others. They appreciate food and the joy of togetherness more than anything else. I visited my family in Mexico a few times, and the love that I experienced from them was like nothing else. There was so much warmth, so much care. I remember that every time we went I would beg my parents to leave me there, lol. I would cry as we left.

My family comes from humble beginnings. But they are wealthy in love.

I think love is the greatest thing I have received from my family lineage. My family knew suffering deeply, but even in that suffering they knew how to appreciate life. To this day they never lost that. I believe that it made them more compassionate. The fact that they grew up selfless looking out for one another, taking care of each other, made them kind. When I look in their eyes there is a kindness and warmth. Sometimes that comes from deep suffering, and deep appreciation.

What is your family story?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

countryboy (02-24-2020),Docthehun (02-24-2020),Peter1469 (02-24-2020)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am short on time now but long story short? We descended from a family of brewers in Ireland. My ancestors first settled in Boston and drank their way South to bootleg and farm. the farm goes back over 110 years.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (02-24-2020),Just AnotherPerson (02-24-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    We all come from so many different backgrounds no two stories are the same. Our ansestors toiled the lands, and labored, here we are the product of their actions. We are their continuations. Those who came before us worked to build a better world for the children of tomorrow, that is the way it has always been. In the bigger picture we humans are selfless, in the way where we live our lives not just for our own life but for future lives.

your Castilian .
    My family story is a strange one. My father grew up dirt poor, and when I say dirt poor, I mean literally thier house had dirt floors. The story begins in Mexico, my grandfather a dashing spaniard with piercing blue eyes, came from a family of nobility (I do not belive in such titles, but for the sake of story telling) They owned lands and homes, and were trained in the arts.

Then, the revolution happened. The militairy commandeered all of their belongings leaving them destitute and with nothing. My grandfather met my grandmother part Spanish, part native Mexican. They were devout Catholics and had a large family. They lived in the mountains of Mexico. They lived in homes made of grass, and slept on straw as beds. My grandfather was educated and was the only Notary around. He filed birth, marriage, and death certificates. He was a skilled leather worker.

My father tells me of how even though they were poor they never lost their dignity. He says that they even ironed their clothes with an iron heated on the fire. Even growing up my father never let us go without wearing ironed clothes. He always told me to wear wrinkly clothes is sign of laziness.

My father says that as soon as a child was able he was sent to work. My father started working at the age of 4. They would travel by foot to the city, they would work all day. Sometimes their only pay was moldy food. What ever they received for their daily wage they would take it back to the family for everyone to share.

He told me of how they were so poor that the whole family would share a small apple. They would cut it into slices that were so thin you could see through it, and they would spend hours eating that one piece of apple.

My father started his own small business when he was little, he started raising chickens. He was able to make enough money to pay for his own schooling how ever limited.

My family to this day is very loving and considerate of others. They appreciate food and the joy of togetherness more than anything else. I visited my family in Mexico a few times, and the love that I experienced from them was like nothing else. There was so much warmth, so much care. I remember that every time we went I would beg my parents to leave me there, lol. I would cry as we left.

My family comes from humble beginnings. But they are wealthy in love.

I think love is the greatest thing I have received from my family lineage. My family knew suffering deeply, but even in that suffering they knew how to appreciate life. To this day they never lost that. I believe that it made them more compassionate. The fact that they grew up selfless looking out for one another, taking care of each other, made them kind. When I look in their eyes there is a kindness and warmth. Sometimes that comes from deep suffering, and deep appreciation.

What is your family story?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My family were Italian Immigrants, my father and mother were born in italy, came here very young.

My grandfathers came here first to work to earn enough to bring their wives and first children here. My mothers father worked in the NYC Police Horse Stables as a stablehand. My fathers father worked as a laborer.

Both my grandfathers had trades in italy, one was a tailor the other a shoemaker, and shoemaker as in made custom shoes from scratch. Neither could find work in their trade and they did what they had to do.

They both came here "LEGALLY" got absolutely nothing from the govt, they brought their wives over and eventually learned english and became citizens.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (02-25-2020),Docthehun (02-24-2020),Just AnotherPerson (02-24-2020),Lummy (02-24-2020),The Sage of Main Street (02-27-2020)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bulletbob I think going by the last name we descend from a Germanic tribe, most likely the Visigoths. That is just on my fathers side, on my mothers side, we are a bit of everything. I believe some Irish, German, I think there is more. Heinz57 is what I will go with. Luckily I don't consider myself as any race. Lol.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (02-24-2020),Orion Rules (02-27-2020)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,775x in 2,258 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my family's lineage is from Russia (yeah you heard me, LOL), although now it's Belarus, so I have to go with American...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-24-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Heinz 57 for sure on my mothers side of the family I am Shawnee , black and french, on my fathers side we are Irish and basque and a little english

both sides of my family come from Kentucky , the area of Hazard in Perry county and olive hill in carter county.
    yea we were poor . I went to work at age 16 in wv cutting the grass in a grave yard and digging graves.
    we ended up in ohio and wv

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,869x in 4,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One side I have Mayflower ancestors, same side heavy on the German and Dutch from the Peter Stuyvesant era that we can trace, a Scot or two, and a few naughty milkmaids. Other side Hungarian Jewish, Irish, and German.

While it's fun to see what's there, it makes no difference in the person I am.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,749
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,077x in 28,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sides of my family go back to 1700s American from France & England through Canada before heading south to the Boston area. The only one that I found of interest was one of my Grandfathers was a General for the Northern Army in the Civil War and has a bridge named after him. However, if it did not have the little green sign on it then you really would not know you were on a bridge and the raging river under it is about ankle deep. The history is just stories of New England factory workers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    All of my family's lineage is from Russia (yeah you heard me, LOL), although now it's Belarus, so I have to go with American...
    Zee Vussian peoplez and they bossman Blab'Mir Vutin are happy aboutz your Russians lineage, yes?
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

jigglepete (02-25-2020)

+ Reply to Thread