User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohio judge self-quarantined in coronavirus precaution after trip to Italy

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,168
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First Class
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,294x in 10,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Ohio judge self-quarantined in coronavirus precaution after trip to Italy

Summit County judge quarantined in coronavirus scare after recent trip to Italy -- Currently, the Ohio Department of Health said they have 212 people under public health supervision, but there have been no confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Ohio. This particular Judge is a tad bit older than myself. I have been in her room many many times. I spoke to her bailiff and was told it's merely precautionary.

https://radio.wosu.org/post/after-it...ution#stream/0
    https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/03/...nt-trip-italy/

alison_mccarty.jpg
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-04-2020),stjames1_53 (03-03-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11,278x in 6,529 Posts
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing against this individual, but it almost seems, as bizarre as it sounds, that being quarantined for the virus, or at least taking unusual or extreme measures to protect oneself from it, is becoming something of a way to draw attention to oneself - almost a status thing, on social media and the media generally.
    "The guy who kills me... I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job." - Sonny (Al Pacino) in Dog Day Afternoon

"I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,158x in 8,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The corona virus is going to get worse, its not much of a threat to young healthy people. Its a more serious threat to the senior population and those that have compromised immune systems or are sick.

Its going to get worse before it gets better, israeli scientists say they will have a vaccine shortly and US scientists say they are on the way to a cure.

This of course will take time to finalize, test and then produce and get out to the country. We are in for a rough ride for a while.

I do think its hilarious and so immature and demonstrates the democrats childish loathing for trump and their belief that americans left and right are so stupid that they will believe that somehow the coronavirus is trumps fault, Or that he was negligent in responding to it and already botched the response to it.

When are the democrats going to learn that the country doesnt buy when they outright LIE to us and make $#@! up....all it does is make our support for trump even more intense
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

GROUCHO MARX,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-04-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    The corona virus is going to get worse, its not much of a threat to young healthy people. Its a more serious threat to the senior population and those that have compromised immune systems or are sick.

Its going to get worse before it gets better, israeli scientists say they will have a vaccine shortly and US scientists say they are on the way to a cure.

This of course will take time to finalize, test and then produce and get out to the country. We are in for a rough ride for a while.

I do think its hilarious and so immature and demonstrates the democrats childish loathing for trump and their belief that americans left and right are so stupid that they will believe that somehow the coronavirus is trumps fault, Or that he was negligent in responding to it and already botched the response to it.

When are the democrats going to learn that the country doesnt buy when they outright LIE to us and make $#@! up....all it does is make our support for trump even more intense
    Keeping non-political threads non-political should be a Moderator's aim. The above is an example of a post a Moderator should be discouraging - not writing.
    "The guy who kills me... I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job." - Sonny (Al Pacino) in Dog Day Afternoon

"I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,830x in 17,334 Posts
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Keeping non-political threads non-political should be a Moderator's aim. The above is an example of a post a Moderator should be discouraging - not writing.
    Ugh. Nonsense.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-04-2020),MMC (03-03-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,229x in 14,551 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the part of the site that isn't political. Which should be obvious even for a leftist to figure out on a political site.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-04-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    In the part of the site that isn't political. Which should be obvious even for a leftist to figure out on a political site.
    "Political part of the site" or not - there are plenty of threads that attempt to drag politics into the the virus discussion. Is it really too much to ask that not every thread have some half-witted partisan snipe polluting it?

I note that another Moderator is the author of the OP. I wonder what DG thinks of one of his colleagues dragging politics into his thread.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon guys -- this is my thread. Let's not ruin it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-04-2020),Standing Wolf (03-03-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,229x in 14,551 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Political part of the site" or not - there are plenty of threads that attempt to drag politics into the the virus discussion. Is it really too much to ask that not every thread have some half-witted partisan snipe polluting it?

I note that another Moderator is the author of the OP. I wonder what DG thinks of one of his colleagues dragging politics into his thread.
    Maybe you can explain how Latest Happenings isn't a part of the political forum. Since those of us that created the site. Set it up that way.

Oh and just so you know there are other parts of the Forum that aren't political.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread