Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
    To me private backround checks are a pretty well a waste of time. Its just a way to tax gun owners. Criminal s perfer stolen guns they pick up cheap to free.
    Absolutely !!!

Thought this is also one reason I discourage gun forums and websites from talking about " truck guns ".

Most cops will tell you guns kept in vehicles are the ones most stolen.

Maybe no problem if you are out in big sky country or someplace they pipe in the sunshine, but it should be discouraged in cities and towns.

We as gun owners have a duty to our neighbors and the community.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    Remember the " Saturday Night Special " handgun bans and attempted bans of the 60's ???

Just like this one, the term is not clearly defined.

It was so vague some even included the excellent and well-made Walther PPK from Germany.

For everyone else, this is the famous James Bond gun.

This is their tactic. Throw out a broad, scary generic name for a gun so you can scare people into banning it.
    When actually, few weapons fit the narrow definition in the first place.

My definition of an "assault rifle " is...

1. Used and issued by a nation's military...AND...

a. is select fire. You get to select if you want full auto, burst, or semi-auto.

b. it fires an intermediate round. Not a full power rifle round such as the 7.62 NATO, or the Russian 7.62R....and NOT a pistol caliber either. It is INTERMEDIATE in power between the two.

c. ect...ect...ect... with other technical stuff.

THE hard left gun banner's definition of an " assault rifle " is..... IT SCARES ME TO LOOK AT IT !!!

If they are scared when they look at it, then it is an "assault rifle".

I played with this when i was a kid. The Johnny 7 OMA (One Man Army)
    Look at all the damage this bad boy can do...

Attachment 28254
    You are 100 percent right that a true assult rifle is selective fire not semi auto.
    Hollywood makes people think every ar is a machine gun.lol
    For what a pre 86 m16 cost in selective fire you can by a car .A nice car. Most people who are anti gun have no real clue about it. They dont know how much they cost or understand you have to have the atf examination of all of your body hole and still as mother may i have it and wait a year after you payed for it and the tax stamp.they seem to think you just go down to your local gun shop and pick one up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (03-09-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely !!!

Thought this is also one reason I discourage gun forums and websites from talking about " truck guns ".

Most cops will tell you guns kept in vehicles are the ones most stolen.

Maybe no problem if you are out in big sky country or someplace they pipe in the sunshine, but it should be discouraged in cities and towns.

We as gun owners have a duty to our neighbors and the community.

No. That's wrong. You have absolutely no such responsibility. This is DrWho's errant logic too, and it seems to be agenda driven rather than rational and legal. It's incorrect to blame the gunowner for having their gun stolen, making them liable for someone else's crime of stealing their possessions, whether it's an AK47 or a bottle of Tums from a home or an unlocked pickup truck. If someone steals your lawnmower from your yard, you are not liable for it, they are.

Should you be liable for someone stealing your lawnmower because you left it in your yard?

This notion of "personal responsibility" is out of bounds in the weeds of liberal idiocy, but believe it or not, it is the busybody liberal corruption of local laws in some places apparently.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
    You are 100 percent right that a true assult rifle is selective fire not semi auto ...

You're fooling yourself. Your fireside definition of assault rifle is inconsequential. In the half-wit judgement of a gun-grabbing liberal POS hellbent on making you obey their will, and you know Who you are, all guns are "assault weapons". Period.

The only definitions that really matter are those of the busybody little liberal doo-de-doo POS in local, state or federal government who want to "make the world better" by taking your guns. To her -- or him, I suppose -- every gun is an assault weapon. Never mind that no such thing that can be defined or distinguished in law, and the term should be burned like corona blankets and expunged. It won't stop them from their delusions of self righteousnss in forcing their will upon you. That, not guns, is the problem and the reason for owning guns in the first place.
    Last edited by Lummy; 03-08-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I played with this when i was a kid. The Johnny 7 OMA (One Man Army)
    Look at all the damage this bad boy can do...
    And you can be a kid again...but it will cost you!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ven&_sacat=717

It's never the same, though, when you buy something you had as a kid. I once bought - on Ebay, of course - a Colonel McCauley space helmet from the 'Men Into Space' tv show, ca. 1960, just like the one I had when I was a small kid. The one I bought as an adult just didn't hold any memories or meaning for me - it was just a hunk of plastic, and I ended up selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it. Some things - when they're gone, they're just gone.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    No. That's wrong. You have absolutely no such responsibility. This is DrWho's errant logic too, and it seems to be agenda driven rather than rational and legal. It's incorrect to blame the gunowner for having their gun stolen, making them liable for someone else's crime of stealing their possessions, whether it's an AK47 or a bottle of Tums from a home or an unlocked pickup truck. If someone steals your lawnmower from your yard, you are not liable for it, they are.

Should you be liable for someone stealing your lawnmower because you left it in your yard?

This notion of "personal responsibility" is out of bounds in the weeds of liberal idiocy, but believe it or not, it is the busybody liberal corruption of local laws in some places apparently.
    I AM responsible for safeguarding each and every firearm I own, or those I am entrusted with, and keeping them out of criminal hands.
    Doing otherwise is complete foolishness, and saying otherwise is even dumber.

YOU are wrong....but I do not think you log on to discuss anything. You just like to derail threads, like you did with your @Just AnotherPerson comment on my MAN CAVE thread.

I am also not talking about LEGAL LIABILITY. You said that, not me.
    I AM SAYING it is my MORAL & ETHICAL responsibility to my community to ensure no criminal or unauthorized person takes and uses a gun I am entrusted with.

I never once mentioned LEGALITIES.

I will be kept up at night if some bastid stole one of my guns and murdered someone with it. You have to have a sense of right and wrong for that to bother you.

As it is, they have to get past FOUR DIFFERENT LOCKS to get at them....and hope i do not hear them.

If I casually kept a "truck gun", they would only have to break an easily broken truck side window to get it. You can do that with a piece of broken ceramic thrown at it hard, or use a center punch.

NOT keeping your guns locked away from unauthorized hands is completely irresponsible.

I will not say any more as i do not want to get thread banned.

YES, you DO have a moral and ethical responsibility to your community to keep your guns out of the hands of criminals, children, and idiots.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 03-09-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    And you can be a kid again...but it will cost you!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ven&_sacat=717

It's never the same, though, when you buy something you had as a kid. I once bought - on Ebay, of course - a Colonel McCauley space helmet from the 'Men Into Space' tv show, ca. 1960, just like the one I had when I was a small kid. The one I bought as an adult just didn't hold any memories or meaning for me - it was just a hunk of plastic, and I ended up selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it. Some things - when they're gone, they're just gone.
    I LOVED THAT SERIES !!!

...and yes, but I have better and more expensive toys now anyway.

I paid the price too for trying to be a kid again.

$220 for a Daisy Model 26 BB gun I had as a kid, and the damb thing does not even shoot.
    I was a regular at that bastid's gun shop, then he decided to do that to me.
    That is what happens once you become an Internet Gun Runner I suppose.
    Your sense of right and wrong goes right out the window.

I feel I am 1/3 to blame and he is 2/3 to blame.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 03-09-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,556x in 94,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VA gun laws for governor

Here is an update of the gun laws that are ready for governor black face to sign. It could have been much worse.

Brought to you by Ammoland via Before Its News.

1. Bills that changed status on Saturday (last day of session)
    • SB 71 – daycare/preschool become gun-free zones – conference committee amendment was accepted by both bodies and is now headed to the Governor’s desk.
    • SB 593 – Licensed home day facilities required to store firearms unloaded and locked up. The conference committee has a substitute bill. Conference substitute was accepted by both bodies and now heads to the Governor’s desk.
    • HB 600 – Licensed home day facilities required to store firearms unloaded and locked up. The conference committee has a substitute bill. Conference substitute was accepted by both bodies and now heads to the Governor’s desk.
    2. Bills that have passed both the House and Senate and will now head to the Governor’s desk to possibly be signed into law

Duplicate bills are combined:
    • HB 2, SB 70 – Universal Background Checks. Only applies to bonafide sales, where something is given in exchange for a firearm.
    • HB 9 – lost/stolen firearms must be reported in 48 hours – time to report increased from 24 to 48 hours.
    • SB 14 – bans possession of bump stocks. Binary triggers, trigger cranks, etc. are not affected.
    • SB 64 – makes a group of two or more individuals brandishing with the intent and purpose of intimidating others a felony.
    • SB 71 – daycare/preschool become gun-free zones. For daycare centers and religious or private preschools, the gun ban only applies during hours of operation.
    • SB 173 – allows CHP holders to have a stun-weapon in their vehicle while on K-12 school grounds.
    • HB 264, SB 263 – Eliminates online training and does not affect training from NRA instructors to get a CHP.
    • HB 421, SB 35 – allows localities to create their own gun laws. Restricted as to where localities can control guns: government buildings, parks, recreation and community centers, permitted events and surrounding roads.
    • HB 600, SB 593 – Licensed home day facilities require firearms to be stored unloaded and locked up during hours of operation. Localities can make their requirements more strict.
    • HB 674, SB 240 – Red Flag law – additional protections for search warrants and wrongful accusations were added.
    • HB 812, SB 69 – One Handgun a Month. Has exception for CHP holders.
    • HB 888, SB 268 – No sales tax for purchases of a gun safe under $1,500.
    • HB 1004, SB 479 – protective orders take away gun rights while in effect.
    • HB 1080 – only those authorized by state law can carry on K-12 grounds. Conservators of the Peace cannot carry on school grounds under this bill.
    • HB 1083 – class 1 misdemeanor for younger than 14-years-old getting access to a loaded firearm in a reckless manner. Only change to current law is raising the penalty from a Class 3 misdemeanor to a Class 1 misdemeanor.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,912
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,649x in 28,239 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I remember incorrectly about the age, I believe we were in 6th grade when we joined Boy Scouts, went to summer camp and they put a rifle in our hands with live ammo for target shooting.

Before that my Uncle and his buddies would take me to the dump to shoot rats out the car window. We had BB guns and airguns with no orange tips that we ran around the neighborhoods with and no one ever panicked or shot us. The homicide rate is less than 1/2 now compared to those days and I grew up in a high violence zone.

So what's changed other than the pussification of America?

My view is this is a 100% media created hysteria about guns.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-11-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,556x in 94,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Unless I remember incorrectly about the age, I believe we were in 6th grade when we joined Boy Scouts, went to summer camp and they put a rifle in our hands with live ammo for target shooting.

Before that my Uncle and his buddies would take me to the dump to shoot rats out the car window. We had BB guns and airguns with no orange tips that we ran around the neighborhoods with and no one ever panicked or shot us. The homicide rate is less than 1/2 now compared to those days and I grew up in a high violence zone.

So what's changed other than the pussification of America?

My view is this is a 100% media created hysteria about guns.
    If you walked through my high school parking lot you would see a lot of rifles in racks in pickup trucks. Nobody ever broke into a truck to steal one. Nobody got shot. Different times.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-11-2020)

+ Reply to Thread