Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leftists turn schools into thug sanctuaries

by Michael Shannon

Leftists in Virginia have a novel approach to ending the school-to-prison pipeline. They intend to eliminate the transportation component by leaving potential inmates inside the school. As part of the Stop Snitchin’ initiative, schools won’t be required to report many criminal offenses to the police.
    It will be mum’s the word as far as the outside world is concerned. School officials will work to promote “restorative justice” while victims can kiss plain old justice goodbye.
    The bill to keep victims and victimizer in close proximity has already passed the leftist-controlled House of Delegates and Senate, and only awaits the signature of the governor to become law.
    Law Enforcement Today made a list of crimes that formerly required reporting but are now optional. These include, “assault and battery that results in bodily injury, sexual assault, death, shooting, stabbing, cutting, or wounding of any person, stalking, threats, firearm, drug and alcohol violations are also included.”
    The Democrat’s sanctuary for the violent isn’t limited to the school campus either. Offenses on school buses or at school-sponsored events would also be included in the legislative mandated cover-up.
    This is just another instance of the left imposing their idea of “reform” on an area of public life the majority was unaware was in need of reform – or in this instance repeal.
    Who is the intended ‘reform’ beneficiary? Certainly not the victims or their families. As far as they’re concerned, authorities could open a pumping station outside the high school if that would help increase pipeline velocity and speed the ejection of predators. Keeping discipline problems in the classroom isn’t a teacher preference either. This only benefits an oppositional, budding criminal class and their negligent parents.
    Democrats have gone from the War on Crime to our current War on Victims.
    The new procedure places the burden of going to the police on the victim, rather than the authorities. What’s worse it will make the victim look as if they are the one out for blood – since the school didn’t think the offense merited police involvement – instead of the thug who drew blood.
    Vicki Manning, a Virginia Beach school board member who hasn’t lost her mind, said “victims are going to be further victimized under this bill and the perpetrators are going to be emboldened.”
    The absolutely infuriating part of this turn-their-child’s-other-cheek policy is we already know how the policy ends.
    The last stop is Parkland High School.
    The fools that ran that school system designed their own end-the-school-to-prison-pipeline. It was wildly successful. The Boston Globe found in the year just prior to the Parkland school system’s emancipation proclamation there were 1,056 school-based arrests. By the 2015-16 school year the number had plunged to 385.
    The only fly in the ointment was student deaths by gunfire went from zero before implementation of the plan to 17 after the school-to-prison-pipeline was closed, because the Parkland school shooter took full advantage of the sanctuary policy.
    The shooter assaulted students twice with no arrest. Made repeated threats with no arrest. He threatened to kill people with no arrest. No reporting and no arrests meant there was no record in the NCIC system regarding his past run-ins with the law. Since he was a blank slate the shooter didn’t even get swept into the FBI’s ‘catch and release’ anti-terrorism program after the Bureau fielded a tip. Buying a gun was no problemo.
    What use are the “universal background checks” on gun sales the Virginia left is demanding without corresponding universal crime reports?
    James A. Bacon ran the numbers on the Department of Education’s “restorative justice” school discipline initiative. This requires victims sit across from their victimizers while a woolly brained social worker overlooks the intimidation inherent in the arrangement.
    Bacon found “restorative justice” only restores nothing. “I compiled one key indicator – the number of assault & battery (no injury) incidents reported – which serves as a rough proxy for disruptive behavior as a whole. The trend line is startling. The number of incidents has nearly tripled in just three years – from 870 to 2,423 [assaults].”
    The Democrat’s new See-Something-Say-Nothing policy will only make matters much worse.
    Most Virginia leftists never reveal plans for open borders bathrooms or decriminalizing crime. I give Del. Mike Mullin (D-Pardon) credit. On his campaign website, he said he’s “working to end the school-to-prison pipeline.”
    But Mullin didn’t say that meant reversing the flow.

https://personalliberty.com/leftists...g-sanctuaries/

yet they are going to ban lawfully owned firearms.....I guess I can see why, now
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,637
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,112x in 28,514 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how I feel.

I am sure that when you went to school they it was not much different than mine. I got in some fights. I won some. I lost some. I never wanted the school to know and that goes triple for a parent. The worse thing would be the embarrassment of them doing anything.
    Overbearing parents have pushed it to the point where a school fight ends up in a call for assault to the police.
    Drug or alcohol possession would be suspension and your parent would be involved, not the police.

Is this law trying to avert that ruining a kids life for common events? Or is it something more?
    It appears the school can still call if they deem it serious.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,486x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    by Michael Shannon

Leftists in Virginia have a novel approach to ending the school-to-prison pipeline. They intend to eliminate the transportation component by leaving potential inmates inside the school. As part of the Stop Snitchin’ initiative, schools won’t be required to report many criminal offenses to the police.
    It will be mum’s the word as far as the outside world is concerned. School officials will work to promote “restorative justice” while victims can kiss plain old justice goodbye.
    The bill to keep victims and victimizer in close proximity has already passed the leftist-controlled House of Delegates and Senate, and only awaits the signature of the governor to become law.
    Law Enforcement Today made a list of crimes that formerly required reporting but are now optional. These include, “assault and battery that results in bodily injury, sexual assault, death, shooting, stabbing, cutting, or wounding of any person, stalking, threats, firearm, drug and alcohol violations are also included.”
    The Democrat’s sanctuary for the violent isn’t limited to the school campus either. Offenses on school buses or at school-sponsored events would also be included in the legislative mandated cover-up.
    This is just another instance of the left imposing their idea of “reform” on an area of public life the majority was unaware was in need of reform – or in this instance repeal.
    Who is the intended ‘reform’ beneficiary? Certainly not the victims or their families. As far as they’re concerned, authorities could open a pumping station outside the high school if that would help increase pipeline velocity and speed the ejection of predators. Keeping discipline problems in the classroom isn’t a teacher preference either. This only benefits an oppositional, budding criminal class and their negligent parents.
    Democrats have gone from the War on Crime to our current War on Victims.
    The new procedure places the burden of going to the police on the victim, rather than the authorities. What’s worse it will make the victim look as if they are the one out for blood – since the school didn’t think the offense merited police involvement – instead of the thug who drew blood.
    Vicki Manning, a Virginia Beach school board member who hasn’t lost her mind, said “victims are going to be further victimized under this bill and the perpetrators are going to be emboldened.”
    The absolutely infuriating part of this turn-their-child’s-other-cheek policy is we already know how the policy ends.
    The last stop is Parkland High School.
    The fools that ran that school system designed their own end-the-school-to-prison-pipeline. It was wildly successful. The Boston Globe found in the year just prior to the Parkland school system’s emancipation proclamation there were 1,056 school-based arrests. By the 2015-16 school year the number had plunged to 385.
    The only fly in the ointment was student deaths by gunfire went from zero before implementation of the plan to 17 after the school-to-prison-pipeline was closed, because the Parkland school shooter took full advantage of the sanctuary policy.
    The shooter assaulted students twice with no arrest. Made repeated threats with no arrest. He threatened to kill people with no arrest. No reporting and no arrests meant there was no record in the NCIC system regarding his past run-ins with the law. Since he was a blank slate the shooter didn’t even get swept into the FBI’s ‘catch and release’ anti-terrorism program after the Bureau fielded a tip. Buying a gun was no problemo.
    What use are the “universal background checks” on gun sales the Virginia left is demanding without corresponding universal crime reports?
    James A. Bacon ran the numbers on the Department of Education’s “restorative justice” school discipline initiative. This requires victims sit across from their victimizers while a woolly brained social worker overlooks the intimidation inherent in the arrangement.
    Bacon found “restorative justice” only restores nothing. “I compiled one key indicator – the number of assault & battery (no injury) incidents reported – which serves as a rough proxy for disruptive behavior as a whole. The trend line is startling. The number of incidents has nearly tripled in just three years – from 870 to 2,423 [assaults].”
    The Democrat’s new See-Something-Say-Nothing policy will only make matters much worse.
    Most Virginia leftists never reveal plans for open borders bathrooms or decriminalizing crime. I give Del. Mike Mullin (D-Pardon) credit. On his campaign website, he said he’s “working to end the school-to-prison pipeline.”
    But Mullin didn’t say that meant reversing the flow.

https://personalliberty.com/leftists...g-sanctuaries/

yet they are going to ban lawfully owned firearms.....I guess I can see why, now
    The last VA election was a disaster for the state.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (03-15-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I don't know how I feel.

I am sure that when you went to school they it was not much different than mine. I got in some fights. I won some. I lost some. I never wanted the school to know and that goes triple for a parent. The worse thing would be the embarrassment of them doing anything.
    Overbearing parents have pushed it to the point where a school fight ends up in a call for assault to the police.
    Drug or alcohol possession would be suspension and your parent would be involved, not the police.

Is this law trying to avert that ruining a kids life for common events? Or is it something more?
    It appears the school can still call if they deem it serious.
    Fights happen all the time. When I was in school, you met in the gym and worked it out for yourselves.
    You stole, you replaced. You vandalized, you reimbursed
    But threatening harm with a weapon? That needs to be dealt with harshly and very quickly.
    Sexual assault? sitting across from your attacker? that's just a wow factor
    Face it, you are not real parents anymore. You are cash cows for the justice system...they call it "legal guardians"
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 2,237
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,259x in 12,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    School authorities attempting to keep their crime problems "in house" is not a new thing. I know of a high school principal who kept a file drawer full of confiscated drugs that the police were never told about. I know of more than one instance where a girl was sexually assaulted and the perpetrator's entire punishment was a week's detention, if that. In many places, parents and the victims themselves have ALWAYS been the ones who had to contact the police to initiate an arrest. This outrageous and dangerous piece of legislation is a dream come true for those administrators who view their schools as their personal petty fiefdoms; it codifies, justifies and enables their indifference to the right of students not to be victimized.

School authorities need to be put on notice that even if they are not legally required to report certain offenses, even serious ones, they will find themselves in civil court if the appropriate steps are not taken to safeguard their charges from one another; and students and their parents need to be advised that no law can prevent them from calling 911 or otherwise contacting the police and pressing charges for serious offenses, even if the school is of no help in the situation.

This kind of dangerous nonsense has been one of my "see red" issues for a number of years. Too many schools want to be their own little realms, where the justice system cannot or should not reach. If I'm assaulted or robbed while shopping, I don't have to be satisfied with whatever version of justice mall security feels up to meting out that day. A young person certainly should not have to give up his or her expectation of justice when they step onto a school bus or campus. Let a few principals be led out in handcuffs and charged with obstruction of justice if they and their staffs attempt to cover up a crime or hinder an investigation.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-16-2020),stjames1_53 (03-16-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    School authorities attempting to keep their crime problems "in house" is not a new thing. I know of a high school principal who kept a file drawer full of confiscated drugs that the police were never told about. I know of more than one instance where a girl was sexually assaulted and the perpetrator's entire punishment was a week's detention, if that. In many places, parents and the victims themselves have ALWAYS been the ones who had to contact the police to initiate an arrest. This outrageous and dangerous piece of legislation is a dream come true for those administrators who view their schools as their personal petty fiefdoms; it codifies, justifies and enables their indifference to the right of students not to be victimized.

School authorities need to be put on notice that even if they are not legally required to report certain offenses, even serious ones, they will find themselves in civil court if the appropriate steps are not taken to safeguard their charges from one another; and students and their parents need to be advised that no law can prevent them from calling 911 or otherwise contacting the police and pressing charges for serious offenses, even if the school is of no help in the situation.

This kind of dangerous nonsense has been one of my "see red" issues for a number of years. Too many schools want to be their own little realms, where the justice system cannot or should not reach. If I'm assaulted or robbed while shopping, I don't have to be satisfied with whatever version of justice mall security feels up to meting out that day. A young person certainly should not have to give up his or her expectation of justice when they step onto a school bus or campus. Let a few principals be led out in handcuffs and charged with obstruction of justice if they and their staffs attempt to cover up a crime or hinder an investigation.
    School corporations tend to have some sort of "qualified immunity" in place. It will make it harder to overcome in a law suit.
    But you are correct in the analysis that this is not good legislation and will come back to bite them in the ass.
    - Thucydides

+ Reply to Thread