Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I watch Mika and Joe in the morning. Willie Geist who is one of their brown noser heads...….mentioned the 57% poll and only because they'd been using that poll to bash Trump earlier. It had been 54% disapprove until last week when it jumped to 57% approve but then.....talk of 1000 checks and student loan relief...and free vacation.

Tends to excite our progressives as well as worker bees.

The camera then goes to Mika.....who has 'they're not listening to us' written all over here face. Her face actually flushed, she cannot believe with all the negative media Trump gets hammered with.....that anyone could approve of him...considering any issue. She seemed to realize like she had to on election night 2016....that people have tuned her out.....no one is listening anymore. I listen....but I've read my Sun Tzu.
    Mika should stick to what she does best.......whatever that may be. She's an idiot.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (03-22-2020),Peter1469 (03-22-2020)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Reason10's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,527x in 2,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne778 View Post
    When the president fails America, we often turn to state governors in a desperate search for leadership.

This is exactly what is happening now. Millions of Americans have already upended their lives. While the coronavirus pandemic claims an increasing number of lives and cripples our economy, President Donald Trump continues to spread disinformation and attack the press, which is working to get accurate, timely information to the public.
    For those who were hoping Trump might rise to the occasion, it's likely that turning point may never come. Fortunately for the country, others are stepping in to fill the void.

We have seen strong examples of leadership from governors of both parties. Despite their flaws, a number of them have shined by making bold decisions, however unpopular they may be.
    n California, Gov. Gavin Newsom led the way earlier this month in
    calling for the closure of bars and nightclubs, while ordering those 65 and older to stay at home. After Bay Area residents were told to shelter in place earlier this week, Newsom extended the order to the entire state Thursday in an unprecedented move that affects 40 million people.

Nobody likes to announce major disruptions, but this is a necessary step to slow the spread of this virus. Since Newsom ordered nonessential workers to stay home, other states -- including New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Connecticut -- have followed suit. "This is not a permanent state, this is a moment in time. We will look back at these decisions as pivotal," Newsom said.

Meanwhile, Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York has quickly become one of the most familiar faces in the nation. Besides his own willingness to take increasingly stringent actions to avoid the spread of Covid-19, Cuomo has been extremely effective when speaking to the public. When it comes to strong leadership, public presentation matters.

He has clearly conveyed what is happening and what the plan is. When he was criticized for his initial unwillingness to place New York City on lockdown, he explained in a deliberate manner that he wanted to avoid causing people to simply flee from the city to neighboring suburbs.

Cuomo has shown up to each appearance armed with facts and data. Most importantly, he exudes the image of a wartime leader who is working on this crisis around the clock, and who will remain at the frontlines until this is resolved. He never shies away from the urgency of the moment even while explaining how and why his state -- and the nation -- can remain calm.

Cuomo also offered a powerful contrast to Trump. Last week, the President told reporters, "I don't take responsibility at all," when confronted with his administration's failure to provide widespread testing.

But on Friday, Cuomo fully acknowledged the disruption and economic ramifications of a lockdown in New York. He said, "I accept full responsibility. If someone is unhappy, if somebody wants to blame someone, or complain about someone, blame me. There is no one else who is responsible for this decision."
    When Ohio only had five confirmed cases, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine warned that the true number could be significantly higher and moved swiftly to shut down schools, cancel gatherings of 100 or more and ban visitors to nursing homes and assisted living centers.

DeWine, who has delivered sobering news to his constituents while offering reassurances that they do not need to panic, has enlisted the help of public health officials. DeWine's mantra, after all, is: "Let's bring in the experts, listen to them and then execute what they need."

He has also formed task forces comprised of non-government officials to get a better understanding of how to tackle the economic repercussions.
    All of these governors have significant missteps on their record. But all three, along with including Govs. Jay Inslee of Washington, Larry Hogan of Maryland and Phil Murphy of New Jersey, have offered positive examples of what crisis leadership should look like. As Cuomo said, "A crisis shows you a person's soul. It shows you what they're made of. The weaknesses explode and the strengths are... emboldened."

With the presidential election months away, and the pandemic gaining full steam, we will continue to rely on our governors to lead the way.
    Americans, who need them to take bold steps when the commander-in-chief is not in command, will also depend on them to provide the sense of confidence and calm that every citizen is looking for to survive, recover and rebuild.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/opini...zer/index.html
    Somebody has gotta take the wheel....thank you to these Governors for doing the right thing.......

And you wonder why everybody says CNN is fake news.

All of that is a LIE. CNN is failing because nobody believes it any more.

President Trump has not failed America. That's not even close to being the truth.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Mika should stick to what she does best.......whatever that may be. She's an idiot.
    Is she?
    Impeachment, immigration, abortion, hatred for Trump and all things Republican just exactly where does she veer off from your own politics, Trish. You two are nearly mirrors. Maybe she's not such an idiot, huh?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-22-2020)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Leanne778's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,287x in 1,046 Posts
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    LOL, someone thinks the Federal govt is their nanny.
    My nanny?? No just some help like they are supposed to do in a crisis. Don't ya think??? Jeez.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,486x in 15,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nanny?? No just some help like they are supposed to do in a crisis. Don't ya think??? Jeez.
    What do you think they are "supposed to do"?
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-22-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,645x in 56,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How are they not doing that? What would you have the Feds doing which they aren't doing doing now? What more can Trump do? Please be specific.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,440
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annie, Doctors and nurses in Italy are crying and in despair because this crisis is forcing them to choose who lives and who dies. It's becoming the same all over the world. I find your post absolutely disgusting and appalling.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Trump Approval of Coronavirus Handling Soars in New Poll.....

This week:
    Approve - 45%
    Disapprove - 46%

(via @TheEconomist/@YouGovUS Poll) https://t.co/8ilvKurDSZ #TrumpJobApproval #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/EoFQxZu0L7
    — YouGovUS (@YouGovUS) March 19, 2020

New Reuters/Ipsos also showing same trend (47% approve of Trump handling of coronavirus, up 8 pts from last week) https://t.co/188BFR40A9
    — Ariel Edwards-Levy (@aedwardslevy) March 19, 2020

But let me guess. YouGov is Right wing Hacks, huh?

You familiar with the Leftist Zogby? What excuse can you come up for him?

Zogby: Trump, like FDR, ‘has risen’ to the challenge
    ...and? I was responding to Texans claim of 56% presidential approval rating.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Leanne778's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,287x in 1,046 Posts
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    1. Tapper hates Trump. Also, acts serious but is completely biased. I have zero respect for anything he says or CNN. Especially when their leader is caught planning his hosts to attack Trump.
    2. 56% say he is doing a good job.
    3. NEVER in my long life have I seen our government react this quickly and effectively. I judge people on their actions not the rhetoric. Trump has been good. Tapper has been bad.
    Tappers boss
    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...committed-tru/
    #threadfail
    Your joking right? Trump is doing a good job?? And reacted quickly and effectively??? I'm sorry but you are talking about Trump right? OMG....what is it with you righties?

On January 30th, the WHO declared the coronavirus a public health emergency. On February 2nd, Trump said "we pretty much shut it down coming in from China". On February 24th in a tweet he wrote, "The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA...stock market is looking pretty good to me.". On February 25th, Trump said "I think that's a problem that's going to go away. They have studied it. In fact, we are very close to a vaccine." On February 27th Trump said, "one day it's like a miracle, it will disappear.". On March 8th, he said "we have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House. March 9th - he said "This blindsided the world.".

WHAT????

At the start of March there were like 70 known US cases. As of today there are 15,000+ cases and something like 1700+ daily. It is not under control. We are 12 months from a vaccine...I hope it's much much sooner than that. We have inadequate testing and lack of supplies. Trump's leadership has been to deflect, blame and lie to America. He cost us 4 weeks to initiate measures to try and control this virus and prepare.

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THIS WORSE!!!

Trump can't handle anything! He knew this virus was coming back in January and he did nothing!!! When confronted on TV, he states we only had 15 cases, when in reality we had 61 and then he said it would go down to zero and now we are more than 15,000 cases with many deaths. He says he takes no responsibility for what his inept administration has done.

It's constant lies coming from his mouth and his administration. The administration attempted to persuade a German firm developing a possible vaccine for coronavirus to move it's research work to the US so it looks like he's doing something because he is scared.

Trump will continue to gaslight his supporters and they will believe him...as usual. He has no empathy for those Americans who are suffering because he is a failure.

He is NOT doing a good job, he did NOT react quickly or effectively, he is NOT good. He is a failure in everything he does and says.

I know some righties are highly intelligent on here, but he's got you brainwashed man.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,402x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your joking right? Trump is doing a good job?? And reacted quickly and effectively??? I'm sorry but you are talking about Trump right? OMG....what is it with you righties?

On January 30th, the WHO declared the coronavirus a public health emergency. On February 2nd, Trump said "we pretty much shut it down coming in from China". On February 24th in a tweet he wrote, "The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA...stock market is looking pretty good to me.". On February 25th, Trump said "I think that's a problem that's going to go away. They have studied it. In fact, we are very close to a vaccine." On February 27th Trump said, "one day it's like a miracle, it will disappear.". On March 8th, he said "we have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House. March 9th - he said "This blindsided the world.".

WHAT????

At the start of March there were like 70 known US cases. As of today there are 15,000+ cases and something like 1700+ daily. It is not under control. We are 12 months from a vaccine...I hope it's much much sooner than that. We have inadequate testing and lack of supplies. Trump's leadership has been to deflect, blame and lie to America. He cost us 4 weeks to initiate measures to try and control this virus and prepare.

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THIS WORSE!!!

Trump can't handle anything! He knew this virus was coming back in January and he did nothing!!! When confronted on TV, he states we only had 15 cases, when in reality we had 61 and then he said it would go down to zero and now we are more than 15,000 cases with many deaths. He says he takes no responsibility for what his inept administration has done.

It's constant lies coming from his mouth and his administration. The administration attempted to persuade a German firm developing a possible vaccine for coronavirus to move it's research work to the US so it looks like he's doing something because he is scared.

Trump will continue to gaslight his supporters and they will believe him...as usual. He has no empathy for those Americans who are suffering because he is a failure.

He is NOT doing a good job, he did NOT react quickly or effectively, he is NOT good. He is a failure in everything he does and says.

I know some righties are highly intelligent on here, but he's got you brainwashed man.
    I am highly intelligent. I am a Constitutional Conservative. I served as an intelligence officer for nearly 15 years. I also served as a principal investigator on a multi-million dollar research and development program, then went on to be a design engineer, and ultimately a high level systems engineering manager.

President Trump and his task force have done extraordinarily well.

You claim he did not react quickly. Where would you have cut an hour?
    You claim he isn't effective. What would you have done differently?
    You claim he did nothing. You seem to be hysterical.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-22-2020)

+ Reply to Thread