User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elena Kagan sides with conservative Supreme Court justices to rule states -

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally reject the "not guilty by reason of insanity" for the simple reason that once the "doctors" "cure" the patient he is an innocent man and goes free. A man in our town stabbed a woman he didn't know a minimum of 39 times with a hunting knife and six months after being found "not guilty" he was up for release from the state hospital.

I prefer "Guilty but insane".

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer "Guilty but insane," as a verdict over "Not guilty by reason of insanity." I don't believe truly insane people are ever "cured". We had a man kill a young woman he'd never met by stabbing her at least 39 times with a hunting knife and the state hospital wanted to release him as cured six months after the "Innocent by reason of insanity."

I also don't classify Justices as liberal or conservative. I tend to consider whether they support the Constitution or some political ideology. It's quite clear that Roe vs. Wade was not based on the Constitution.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,487x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I prefer "Guilty but insane," as a verdict over "Not guilty by reason of insanity." I don't believe truly insane people are ever "cured". We had a man kill a young woman he'd never met by stabbing her at least 39 times with a hunting knife and the state hospital wanted to release him as cured six months after the "Innocent by reason of insanity."

I also don't classify Justices as liberal or conservative. I tend to consider whether they support the Constitution or some political ideology. It's quite clear that Roe vs. Wade was not based on the Constitution.
    I would suspect the findings of a shrink stating that someone found legally insane to be sane 6 months after the trial was over.

In the legal world there are two types of insanity. One is not being able to meaningfully participate in your own defense. That typically pauses the trial while the shrink stabilize the defendant with drugs.

The second is not being able to tell the difference between right and wrong at the time of the offense. This is the legal insanity defense.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread