Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I wrote this thread up, not for one second did I think anyone would like what I had to say. But I said it honest, and from my heart and how I see it. I don't expect any of you to like it. No one likes to be told that they are a greedy mass murderer. But I just can't seem to disabuse myself from that view point.

I don't think we have the right to take lives for our own greed. It is not just that either, there will be consequences. What will you do when our doctors and nurses die? When this thing is over we will have a med staff shortage. If we don't keep shut down for a while longer, this thing will spread, our hospitals will be overwhelmed and they could collapse.

My dad called me and said in Spain so many are dying that they are piling the bodies up on an ice rink because they don't have a way to dispose of that many dead at once. You have no idea what you are asking of us. You don't even have to be a very deep thinking person to see it. It is just wrong, it has the potential to backfire in a serious way. It is not just the elderly getting sick either, the young are sick too. I seen one tweet yesterday of a person telling of how their 20 yr old friend was on a vent fighting for their life.

The effects from opening back up could have the potential to cause a collapse, it could create a crisis like we have never seen. What will you do when the people realize they are being culled and decide to rise up? This could turn. I don't know what will happen. Maybe it will be just fine and none of that will happen. I have no idea, but these are possibilities based on what we are seeing in other nations.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,428x in 94,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the at-risk people isolated. If younger people become carriers the at-risk population is still safe.

Also economic collapse will lead to deaths as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    When I wrote this thread up, not for one second did I think anyone would like what I had to say. But I said it honest, and from my heart and how I see it. I don't expect any of you to like it. No one likes to be told that they are a greedy mass murderer. But I just can't seem to disabuse myself from that view point.

I don't think we have the right to take lives for our own greed. It is not just that either, there will be consequences. What will you do when our doctors and nurses die? When this thing is over we will have a med staff shortage. If we don't keep shut down for a while longer, this thing will spread, our hospitals will be overwhelmed and they could collapse.

My dad called me and said in Spain so many are dying that they are piling the bodies up on an ice rink because they don't have a way to dispose of that many dead at once. You have no idea what you are asking of us. You don't even have to be a very deep thinking person to see it. It is just wrong, it has the potential to backfire in a serious way. It is not just the elderly getting sick either, the young are sick too. I seen one tweet yesterday of a person telling of how their 20 yr old friend was on a vent fighting for their life.

The effects from opening back up could have the potential to cause a collapse, it could create a crisis like we have never seen. What will you do when the people realize they are being culled and decide to rise up? This could turn. I don't know what will happen. Maybe it will be just fine and none of that will happen. I have no idea, but these are possibilities based on what we are seeing in other nations.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,598x in 25,151 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a fine line. We know that not opening the economy up soon will definitely cause a collapse and lead to great suffering, death, destruction and devastation like this country has never seen and would never recover from. In this country, we lose approximately 7900 people every day. We lost 30,000 to 60,000 from the flu every year. We lost 12,469 from the H1N1, 4000 in 2009 alone.

It's almost 3 weeks away. Tough decisions have to be made by tough people. We have to save the country.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Mister D (03-25-2020),MisterVeritis (03-25-2020)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,312x in 4,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you are saying while we don't agree on everything. I am pro-life but I also don't put money over faith or the economy over lives. I was never willing to deny my beliefs over a job as I would rather loose the job than deny Christ and His word. I care about the ones who lost their jobs, I know they are worried, and I want it to be done safely. I was talking to one of my Taiwan friends and he said if a man lost his successful job there, many would take their own lives. They were a shame to their families. Don't want it to last too long because I don't want people taking their own lives either.

All each of us can do is try to help others. We know not all people will go by the two weeks, in fact in a hot area a bunch of people over 250 attending a wedding, dancing, holding each others hands as if they don't care. Or the big house parties people are having. Then when more family around them get sick, they yell at the government to do more and never claim responsibility.

It's not an easy decision either way, I just hope they do it safely and people act more responsible.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (03-25-2020),Just AnotherPerson (03-25-2020)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    I understand what you are saying while we don't agree on everything. I am pro-life but I also don't put money over faith or the economy over lives. I was never willing to deny my beliefs over a job as I would rather loose the job than deny Christ and His word. I care about the ones who lost their jobs, I know they are worried, and I want it to be done safely. I was talking to one of my Taiwan friends and he said if a man lost his successful job there, many would take their own lives. They were a shame to their families. Don't want it to last too long because I don't want people taking their own lives either.

All each of us can do is try to help others. We know not all people will go by the two weeks, in fact in a hot area a bunch of people over 250 attending a wedding, dancing, holding each others hands as if they don't care. Or the big house parties people are having. Then when more family around them get sick, they yell at the government to do more and never claim responsibility.

It's not an easy decision either way, I just hope they do it safely and people act more responsible.
    Well I certainly wasn't talking about you in my post. Perhaps I shouldn't have made such a blanket statement. My emotions are out of check for sure. I am well aware of what a good and caring person you are Roadmaster. You are someone who I really like here in this forum.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (03-25-2020)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    It's a fine line. We know that not opening the economy up soon will definitely cause a collapse and lead to great suffering, death, destruction and devastation like this country has never seen and would never recover from. In this country, we lose approximately 7900 people every day. We lost 30,000 to 60,000 from the flu every year. We lost 12,469 from the H1N1, 4000 in 2009 alone.

It's almost 3 weeks away. Tough decisions have to be made by tough people. We have to save the country.
    DGUtley I have grown to respect you, I just don't agree with you on this, and quite a few other things, Lol. The thing is that I know you guys are good people. I know that. But I grapple with some of your views. But I know that you guys are genuinely decent. I guess when it comes down to it, no matter what we believe no matter how strong there isn't a damn thing we can do to change what will be.

I won't claim to know what is right to do in this situation, but I know what is wrong. I know in my heart that sacrificing lives is wrong. I will never agree with you that it is right.

I am well aware that people die of other causes. I wrote a thread on it in this very form. 3/4 of a million people die per year due to corporate greed. Just because people will die anyways of other causes does not mean it is ok to add a few more million to that list. I bet the people who will have to die suffocating will beg to disagree with you.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,776x in 13,681 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why so many pro-lifers out there are so willing to kill millions of people in order to save Wall Street??? It just seems strange to me. Are you seriously only pro-embyonic life? The already born are just expendable? Are you really that selfish?

The people who will die from this viurus will die awful deaths by suffocation, suffocating for days. They will suffer unimaginably. Their family members will mourn, and cry to the heavens.

Many who dont die will have lung damage that disables them for life.

Are you really so greedy that you would ask them to suffer such a lot, so that you don't lose your money?

You really want other people to suffer and trade their lives for your prosperity?

Think about what you are asking. You better be willing to die first.

It is a despicable wish.
    What are you talking about?
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I don't get the relationship between pro-life beliefs (or pro-death) and anything to do with the coronavirus crisis.
    That's because there is none.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-25-2020),stjames1_53 (03-25-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am getting at is that pro-lifers say they don't believe in taking a life, that life is sacred. If someone has an abortion they are a murderer and an abomination. Yet they are fine with Trump removing quarantine. Reps on the news were talking about how our elderly dying was just a price to pay to save the economy.

This will have consequences. If we open it back up without waiting just a few more weeks, the virus will spread even more. Many will die, hospitals will be overwhelmed. Our medical staffers will die too.

Those who say it is a sacrifice that we have to be willing to take to save the economy, are trading the lives of millions of innocent people for that economy. It is a crime against humanity. I am a humanitarian, I care more about people than money. I find it unfathomable that others see it the other way around.

Life is precious for us all.

Many who claim to be pro-lifers who say taking a life is an unforgiveable sin, are the same ones in many cases advocating to let this virus kill people for their own prosperity. It is hypocrisy of the highest and most despicable order. IMO.
    Show us some examples of this.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Are you really that stupid? Are you so incredibly dense and shortsighted that you are unable to see the long term effects of crashing the economy? Do you not care about the millions of people who risk losing everything because some of you are too damned cowardly to stand up and do what is necessary to keep society operating. You talk about selfish. What is selfish is hiding in the corner with your head up your ass and hoping the virus will miss you instead of getting out and meeting your obligations and responsibilities.

The fact that you cannot see there is no conflict between the ideas of being opposed to the murder of the next generation and not wanting to contribute to the needless suffering of millions who stand to lose their homes, their businesses, their dreams... just so you don't soil yourself in fear of catching some bug that most people infected react to be being asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic does not speak well of your basic cognitive abilities. Society is a machine. The economy is a machine. Those machines need people to operate them in order for them to function. If you don't have what it takes to get out there and keep the machines running, fine, go sit in the dark and hope that those who do will take pity on you and toss you enough crumbs to keep you going while they do the hard work.

The suffering caused by the virus would be far less reaching and of much shorter duration than a collapse of the economy, which could cause hardship for millions for at least a generation, probably longer.

You really don't get it. It isn't about putting a few Dollars in your pocket.

Do you sit around and try out different lines so you can find the most absurd, over the top, melodramatic bull$#@! possible before you post?

What is despicable is hiding in fear instead of buckling up, taking a few simple precautions and going on with life.
    Emotions vs facts?
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

+ Reply to Thread