User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: White House and US senators reach late night deal on massive stimulus.

  1. #21
    Original Ranter
    Points: 217,782, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    47606
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    55,512
    Points
    217,782
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    23,210
    Thanked 16,601x in 12,641 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Analysis: Senate Democrats' Coronavirus Relief Filibuster Wasted Crucial Days, Achieved Little....


    In the wee hours of Wednesday morning, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell came to the Senate floor to announce that, after days of filibustering, his Democratic colleagues had decided to 'take yes for an answer' on a bipartisan Coronavirus relief bill. Approval is expected this afternoon. On my radio show yesterday, I asked Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) what he thought of my prediction that Democrats would win some relatively minor face-saving concessions, then trumpet a package that looked extremely similar to the bipartisan bill they'd helped shape over the weekend -- only to block it for valuable days over irresponsible, non-germane demands. He responded by saying that was a fair expectation. And it's exactly what's happened. Here's the Wall Street Journal's top line summary of what the "deal" entails:


    This passage literally could have been written about the Senate bill that was filibustered on Sunday. It did all of those things, including accommodating Democratic requests. What changed? With the caveat that it's still being patched together and written, it looks like the filibuster delay may led to the allocation of more money to the unemployment insurance pot, and added a layer of oversight protection for the corporate assistance portion of the bill:


    In any case, a number of these 'concessions' could plausibly have been won without days of obstructing procedural votes. Yet with the pandemic raging and Americans losing their jobs by the millions, economists and experts across the spectrum agreed that time was of the essence. Senate Democrats -- with a destructive, pointless, and revealing cameo from Nancy Pelosi -- frittered away three days in order to achieve little:....snip~


    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...ittle-n2565690



    Now why isn't that surprising.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (03-25-2020)

  3. #22
    Original Ranter
    Points: 217,782, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    47606
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    55,512
    Points
    217,782
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    23,210
    Thanked 16,601x in 12,641 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senate includes $25 million provision for Kennedy Center in coronavirus relief package.....


    It appears Democrats managed to finesse $25 million for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts into the bipartisan Senate coronavirus relief deal.

    In the $2 trillion coronavirus emergency relief package, the Kennedy Center, which is located in Washington, D.C., got a line item of $25 million for "deep cleaning, increased teleworking capabilities, and operating and administrative expenses to ensure the Center will resume normal operations immediately upon reopening."


    Kennedy Center aid was one of the items included in proposed legislation from the House that was widely criticized as having little to do with addressing the coronavirus pandemic or the wide-scale effect on the economy. The bill from House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, sought $35 million for the Kennedy Center. Other provisions included alternative fuel requirements for airlines, debt forgiveness for the U.S. Postal Service, and mandates for same-day voter registration.


    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate will hold its vote on the package on Wednesday. Pelosi, a California Democrat, hopes to reach an agreement that would allow the House to pass the measure by voice vote to avoid summoning all 430 sitting members back to the chamber, which would further risk spreading the virus, particularly among many older lawmakers.....snip~


    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...relief-package



    The Demos still got something in that don't have anything to do with relief for the people. Repubs caved on that knowing Schumer would block if they didn't give the Deviates something.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  4. #23
    Original Ranter
    Points: 217,782, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    47606
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    55,512
    Points
    217,782
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    23,210
    Thanked 16,601x in 12,641 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least some of the leftness had something to say about wasting money on the Kennedy center on Twitter. I doubt the leftness here at tPF will.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  5. #24
    Original Ranter
    Points: 560,375, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    433340
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    167,282
    Points
    560,375
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    99,387
    Thanked 84,321x in 56,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Kennedy Center is a major source of entertainment for the Congress Critters. They are taking care of themselves again.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Senate includes $25 million provision for Kennedy Center in coronavirus relief package.....


    It appears Democrats managed to finesse $25 million for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts into the bipartisan Senate coronavirus relief deal.

    In the $2 trillion coronavirus emergency relief package, the Kennedy Center, which is located in Washington, D.C., got a line item of $25 million for "deep cleaning, increased teleworking capabilities, and operating and administrative expenses to ensure the Center will resume normal operations immediately upon reopening."


    Kennedy Center aid was one of the items included in proposed legislation from the House that was widely criticized as having little to do with addressing the coronavirus pandemic or the wide-scale effect on the economy. The bill from House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, sought $35 million for the Kennedy Center. Other provisions included alternative fuel requirements for airlines, debt forgiveness for the U.S. Postal Service, and mandates for same-day voter registration.


    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate will hold its vote on the package on Wednesday. Pelosi, a California Democrat, hopes to reach an agreement that would allow the House to pass the measure by voice vote to avoid summoning all 430 sitting members back to the chamber, which would further risk spreading the virus, particularly among many older lawmakers.....snip~


    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...relief-package



    The Demos still got something in that don't have anything to do with relief for the people. Repubs caved on that knowing Schumer would block if they didn't give the Deviates something.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    MMC (03-25-2020),Ransom (03-25-2020)

  7. #25
    Original Ranter
    Points: 217,782, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    47606
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    55,512
    Points
    217,782
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    23,210
    Thanked 16,601x in 12,641 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The Kennedy Center is a major source of entertainment for the Congress Critters. They are taking care of themselves again.
    Hopefully those Low Income Democrat voters across the rest of the country will notice that.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (03-25-2020)

  9. #26
    Points: 9,680, Level: 23
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2215
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,485
    Points
    9,680
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    1,311
    Thanked 2,206x in 1,561 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 3 years of Russia Russia Russia why does @PJL post RT so often?

    Not that MSNBC and CNN are not more anti-American but using Russia news sources?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    bulletbob (03-25-2020)

  11. #27
    Points: 26,899, Level: 39
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial25000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1977
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,910
    Points
    26,899
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    5,107
    Thanked 1,967x in 1,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    After 3 years of Russia Russia Russia why does @PJL post RT so often?

    Not that MSNBC and CNN are not more anti-American but using Russia news sources?
    lol Russian news spunklessnut news and Russian fairy tales ranked 148 out of 178 in accuracy and trusted sources lol what a joke .

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

    carolina73 (03-25-2020)

  13. #28
    Points: 25,125, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    563
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    25,125
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    53
    Thanked 553x in 491 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    After 3 years of Russia Russia Russia why does @PJL post RT so often?
    ...because it's simply a better news services , and I have no axe to grind with Russia.

  14. #29
    Points: 25,125, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    563
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    25,125
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    53
    Thanked 553x in 491 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or America for that matter , unless its something that has a direct influence on global affairs or my own existence.

  15. #30
    Points: 26,899, Level: 39
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial25000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1977
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,910
    Points
    26,899
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    5,107
    Thanked 1,967x in 1,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    ...because it's simply a better news services , and I have no axe to grind with Russia.
    Its a news service that is full of lies and ranked so low on the scale of being trusted it crawls on its belly like a snake lol better news service lol thats a good one its a joke

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO