User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Politics Using Political Science

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t lie Chris, go back to the TBd thread and read your comments again. This was your total contribution before it got any further.

‘Dummies Guide, good name. Self-aggrandizement is dumb.’

This one?

You elevate yourself as the only expert, dismiss other's opinions , and then post something so egregiously nonsensical it's laughable …’

And you add:

‘I've never attacked you, refugee, only the nonsense you post. Learn the difference between post and poster.’

Continuing …

‘In this thread I criticized your logical fallacy of appealing to expertise, your own, supposedly. See, that's criticism of the logic, or lack thereof, of your post.’

‘It's your association of political science with the OP's opinions that falsely appeal to expertise.’

I’m not here to be a success, I explain aspects of politics and if it’s not required by an absence of replies, I won’t do long posts. It’s as simple as that, but it does make me wonder why have an op thread if they're only going to be a paragraph length.

Continuing …

Straight to Wiki for your definition of corporate fascism? Only you missed what I said and that was ‘corporate fascism’ and not ‘corporatism.’

Here we go again. Just as Obama organized his presidency around minority liberal groups (individuals), Trump organized his around business and economics, which would be needed for MAGA (corporations). Both used opposing groups for power, each of whom are defined as ‘victims.’ Both relied heavily on lies as information and both tried to present a reality based on their own beliefs. Obama became in many people’s eyes a Messiah and many now tout as Trump as being sent from God. The similarities between them are that it’s wasn’t all about politics, it was about them, a personality cult. That isn’t to say that America is fascist, but its last two leaders certainly practice fascist techniques.

A critique doesn’t mean empty phrases such as ‘logical fallacy’ or ‘falsely appeal to expertise.’ A critique means taking what is written and arguing against what has been said. Google won’t do that for you. Your anti-intellectual stance is noted and it’s common among those who like to cut and paste long advanced theoretical tracts, but are unable to explain it in their own words. Go on, try it. Write a quick 500 - 1000 words on any aspect of political theory, because if you can’t you can’t really be rubbishing those who can.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    I don’t lie Chris, go back to the TBd thread and read your comments again. This was your total contribution before it got any further.

‘Dummies Guide, good name. Self-aggrandizement is dumb.’

This one?

You elevate yourself as the only expert, dismiss other's opinions , and then post something so egregiously nonsensical it's laughable …’

And you add:

‘I've never attacked you, refugee, only the nonsense you post. Learn the difference between post and poster.’

Continuing …

‘In this thread I criticized your logical fallacy of appealing to expertise, your own, supposedly. See, that's criticism of the logic, or lack thereof, of your post.’

‘It's your association of political science with the OP's opinions that falsely appeal to expertise.’

I’m not here to be a success, I explain aspects of politics and if it’s not required by an absence of replies, I won’t do long posts. It’s as simple as that, but it does make me wonder why have an op thread if they're only going to be a paragraph length.

Continuing …

Straight to Wiki for your definition of corporate fascism? Only you missed what I said and that was ‘corporate fascism’ and not ‘corporatism.’

Here we go again. Just as Obama organized his presidency around minority liberal groups (individuals), Trump organized his around business and economics, which would be needed for MAGA (corporations). Both used opposing groups for power, each of whom are defined as ‘victims.’ Both relied heavily on lies as information and both tried to present a reality based on their own beliefs. Obama became in many people’s eyes a Messiah and many now tout as Trump as being sent from God. The similarities between them are that it’s wasn’t all about politics, it was about them, a personality cult. That isn’t to say that America is fascist, but its last two leaders certainly practice fascist techniques.

A critique doesn’t mean empty phrases such as ‘logical fallacy’ or ‘falsely appeal to expertise.’ A critique means taking what is written and arguing against what has been said. Google won’t do that for you. Your anti-intellectual stance is noted and it’s common among those who like to cut and paste long advanced theoretical tracts, but are unable to explain it in their own words. Go on, try it. Write a quick 500 - 1000 words on any aspect of political theory, because if you can’t you can’t really be rubbishing those who can.

Those are all about posts.

Straight to Wiki for your definition of corporate fascism?
    Ad hom much?

Only you missed what I said and that was ‘corporate fascism’ and not ‘corporatism.’
    Here's your initial statement: "There is a danger that Americans will one day vote in liberal or corporate fascism simply because they don’t understand what it is they’re voting for."

Do you really think the US is going to vote in "corporate fascism organized political society around interest groups like agriculture, labor, science, guilds, and so on"? No, you do not because you state here the opposite:

Just as Obama organized his presidency around minority liberal groups (individuals), Trump organized his around business and economics, which would be needed for MAGA (corporations).
    Obama organized around identity groups. Trump is appealing to the little guy's sense of economic security and success. Neither has anything to do with "corporate fascism".

A critique doesn’t mean empty phrases such as ‘logical fallacy’ or ‘falsely appeal to expertise.’
    Oh but it does. the entire basis of your long-winded, meandering political opinions are those logical fallacies. You can not by means of fallacious reasoning arrive and true ends.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t do Google, the thread is my own writing.

Yes, if you vote in characters who many believe are Gods, it’s not beyond reason that you’ll vote in fascism and not know what it is either.

Your quote wasn’t mine, it was yours. "corporate fascism organized political society around interest groups like agriculture, labor, science, guilds, and so on"? That’s not corporate fascism.

Now what you have to do is not just state ‘logical fallacies’, you have to explain why they are and that’s something you’re incapable of.

Chris. Give it a rest. You can’t critique and you can’t explain anything yourself and even when using Google you can’t understand what corporate fascism is. You saw the word ‘corporate’ on Wiki and thought it must be a definition of corporate fascism. It’s not elitist to understand what’s going on in the world, it’s something that High School students do using various levels of knowledge. You’ll be happy to argue over pages and at the end of it have said nothing that you haven’t got from Google and think you’ve won a debate. It’s not about winning and losing, it’s about knowledge and information.

I’ll give you a tip and it doesn’t just apply to me. We know when we’ve hit the nail on the head because 1). The thread goes dead, or 2). People like yourself turn up with a lot to say, but nothing of any value.

Now off you go and play somewhere else. If the thread goes dead I’ll know that long-form content isn’t needed and occasionally join in the one line arguments.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don’t do Google, the thread is my own writing.

Yes, if you vote in characters who many believe are Gods, it’s not beyond reason that you’ll vote in fascism and not know what it is either.

Your quote wasn’t mine, it was yours. "corporate fascism organized political society around interest groups like agriculture, labor, science, guilds, and so on"? That’s not corporate fascism.

Now what you have to do is not just state ‘logical fallacies’, you have to explain why they are and that’s something you’re incapable of.

Chris. Give it a rest. You can’t critique and you can’t explain anything yourself and even when using Google you can’t understand what corporate fascism is. You saw the word ‘corporate’ on Wiki and thought it must be a definition of corporate fascism. It’s not elitist to understand what’s going on in the world, it’s something that High School students do using various levels of knowledge. You’ll be happy to argue over pages and at the end of it have said nothing that you haven’t got from Google and think you’ve won a debate. It’s not about winning and losing, it’s about knowledge and information.

I’ll give you a tip and it doesn’t just apply to me. We know when we’ve hit the nail on the head because 1). The thread goes dead, or 2). People like yourself turn up with a lot to say, but nothing of any value.

Now off you go and play somewhere else. If the thread goes dead I’ll know that long-form content isn’t needed and occasionally join in the one line arguments.

Nothing you say there addresses the context or content of what I posted. It's mostly dismissive and fallacious ad hom and appeal to authority, your own. Let me know when you want to discuss forum-style rather than blah blah blah blog style.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t post out of context or content, I posted your quotes back at you that you accused me of lying about.

I’d never want to discuss your definition of ‘forum-style.’ Why would I want to engage in poster attacks, Googled quotes and which polarized side would I take?

Do you think there’s a reason the first item on the forum is Announcements and the first two threads are Member infractions and Bans?

Looking at the one to one debate room I see the last debate was in 2016 and they aren’t forum thread style debates. I haven’t addressed your content, except the one about corporate fascism because you haven’t anything to say about the thread topic. Blah, blah blah is politics, the bickering and nonsense is the fun part.

One subject that did crop up which I found interesting was fascism and would it ever come to the US? In 2008/12, America elected a Democrat who turned out to be a cultural Marxist hailed as a Messiah. Followed in 2016 by who many thought was a conservative, but turned out to be a nationalist who many thought means patriot. Both assumed personality cults that fooled millions and both led their followers by lies. Could fascism come to America? Given the lack of majority political knowledge, yes there’s definitely a possibility.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I didn’t post out of context or content, I posted your quotes back at you that you accused me of lying about.

I’d never want to discuss your definition of ‘forum-style.’ Why would I want to engage in poster attacks, Googled quotes and which polarized side would I take?

Do you think there’s a reason the first item on the forum is Announcements and the first two threads are Member infractions and Bans?

Looking at the one to one debate room I see the last debate was in 2016 and they aren’t forum thread style debates. I haven’t addressed your content, except the one about corporate fascism because you haven’t anything to say about the thread topic. Blah, blah blah is politics, the bickering and nonsense is the fun part.

One subject that did crop up which I found interesting was fascism and would it ever come to the US? In 2008/12, America elected a Democrat who turned out to be a cultural Marxist hailed as a Messiah. Followed in 2016 by who many thought was a conservative, but turned out to be a nationalist who many thought means patriot. Both assumed personality cults that fooled millions and both led their followers by lies. Could fascism come to America? Given the lack of majority political knowledge, yes there’s definitely a possibility.

I said you failed to address the context and content of my post. You admit it: "I haven’t addressed your content...."

"Why would I want to engage in poster attacks" when you do? Good question. You should TB yourself for it.

"Could fascism come to America?" No, already answered but you fail to address.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I said you failed to address the context and content of my post. You admit it: "I haven’t addressed your content...."

"Why would I want to engage in poster attacks" when you do? Good question. You should TB yourself for it.

"Could fascism come to America?" No, already answered but you fail to address.
    I haven’t addressed your topic content because you have nothing to say. I have addressed your poster attack content. Is that clearer?

I don’t engage in poster attacks, but I do mention it to those who do and have already thrown your quotes about that back to you.

Let’s address fascism in America then, which I've already briefly touched on, instead of a ‘No’ opinion, which is about a useless explanation as it’s possible to get.

Could either Obama or Trump have become American Presidents even fifty years ago? Even Pravda was laughing at Obama and warning America what he was, because they’d already been there. Trump was more careful, but as the trade wars, ‘s**t hole countries’ and threats of war began, even he had to admit he was a nationalist, which is different from a patriot and certainly not a conservative. One half of the forum will say you’re wrong about Obama and the other half will say you’re wrong about Trump. That’s polarized politics and what all the infighting is about. At that level of voter knowledge, or apathy, anything is possible.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I haven’t addressed your topic content because you have nothing to say. I have addressed your poster attack content. Is that clearer?

I don’t engage in poster attacks, but I do mention it to those who do and have already thrown your quotes about that back to you.

Let’s address fascism in America then, which I've already briefly touched on, instead of a ‘No’ opinion, which is about a useless explanation as it’s possible to get.

Could either Obama or Trump have become American Presidents even fifty years ago? Even Pravda was laughing at Obama and warning America what he was, because they’d already been there. Trump was more careful, but as the trade wars, ‘s**t hole countries’ and threats of war began, even he had to admit he was a nationalist, which is different from a patriot and certainly not a conservative. One half of the forum will say you’re wrong about Obama and the other half will say you’re wrong about Trump. That’s polarized politics and what all the infighting is about. At that level of voter knowledge, or apathy, anything is possible.
    And there you go lying again. I did not attack you, I attacked the logic and typical liberal confusion about "corporate fascism" that you posted.

"I don’t engage in poster attacks" but you do: "Chris. Give it a rest. You can’t critique and you can’t explain anything yourself and even when using Google you can’t understand what corporate fascism is. You saw the word ‘corporate’ on Wiki and thought it must be a definition of corporate fascism. It’s not elitist to understand what’s going on in the world, it’s something that High School students do using various levels of knowledge. You’ll be happy to argue over pages and at the end of it have said nothing that you haven’t got from Google and think you’ve won a debate. It’s not about winning and losing, it’s about knowledge and information."

I already addressed your brief mistaken comments about fascism in America and you have failed to address that.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS Chris, you were posting personal attacks before corporate fascism was mentioned on this thread and it carried on from the previous one. I even gave you back your own quotes and you still deny it.

I’ve already explained corporate fascism to you which is the difference between corporatism which you got off Wiki. From poster attacks to not knowing the difference between corporatism and corporate fascism and an explanation of ‘No’ as to whether fascism could ever come to America, which is very briefly explained for you on post #17 ...

I told you early on I would never TB unless it turns into poster attacks, or off topic nonsense. That time is now, or is that something else you can’t understand? Don’t bother replying and just go away and take your ‘form-style’ debate with you.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Somebody please TB me as this is getting boring and boorish!

+ Reply to Thread