User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new broom should make a clean sweep.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ray9's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19x in 12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new broom should make a clean sweep.

People are sequestered in their homes listening to expert
    talking heads that contradict each other every day. Isn’t government and
    political leadership wonderful? That’s why they’re leading and the rest of us
    are following. This is a special class of people you know, with degrees from
    Harvard and Yale and tongues that can debate for 24 hours non-stop with nary a
    breath taken. These people are a marvel to behold aren’t they?
    Just one question: How did they get us into this mess?
    People are sick and dying and the economy is on the brink of collapse.
    Shouldn’t our accomplished leadership have seen this coming? What were they
    doing? What were they thinking? Did they believe that a few four syllable words
    would deter a deadly pathogen stalking our communities like the Tenth Plague of
    Egypt? What kind of hubris must these people have to have allowed this to
    happen?
    Yes, one side was preoccupied with impeaching what they saw
    as a menace to the great state they had crafted to right all wrongs and seek
    vengeance through the courts to punish disfavored groups. But the other side
    was no better. They were pocketing the same lobbyist bribery from the culprits
    that released the plague for personal corporate considerations. While the pall
    approached no warning was given because the two sides were locked in combat
    like rutting male wildebeests that didn’t see the lion. Now we are paying a
    much steeper price than we should because precious time was lost at the
    beginning.
    This is an ugly situation and when we get to the other side
    of it, if we get there, we need to reconsider how we elect leaders and who is
    considered for leadership. Obviously there are too many highly educated people
    in leadership. The problem is that they identify with highly educated people on
    distant continents and abandon any concern they have for average people. That’s
    what globalization is all about. It’s an elitist betrayal and now we are being
    poisoned.
    A new broom makes a clean sweep and it’s time to purge our
    government of the treacherous thieves that occupy it. We need to use the
    election process to remove every single Congressman and Senator in US
    government-none of them protected us. We’d be better off with a government made
    up of truck drivers and plumbers. If that doesn’t work then violent overthrow
    is the only alternative.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ray9's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19x in 12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do I have to make my own paragraphs after I already made them in my world program and they wre fine?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray9 View Post
    why do I have to make my own paragraphs after I already made them in my world program and they wre fine?
    I have that issue too. Even cutting and pasting from a website. I suspect some formatting gets stripped away.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,663x in 25,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are sequestered in their homes listening to expert talking heads that contradict each other every day. Isn’t government and political leadership wonderful? That’s why they’re leading and the rest of us are following. This is a special class of people you know, with degrees from Harvard and Yale and tongues that can debate for 24 hours non-stop with nary a breath taken. These people are a marvel to behold aren’t they? Just one question: How did they get us into this mess?

Shouldn’t our accomplished leadership have seen this coming?
    Chinese leadership made it happen, Democrats are abetting them, the Chinese people are furious and so am I and most everyone else. ChiCom can't survive the wrath of the entire globe.

This is an ugly situation and when we get to the other side of it, if we get there, we need to reconsider how we elect leaders and who is considered for leadership. Obviously there are too many highly educated people in leadership. The problem is that they identify with highly educated people on distant continents and abandon any concern they have for average people. That’s what globalization is all about. It’s an elitist betrayal and now we are being poisoned.

A new broom makes a clean sweep and it’s time to purge our government of the treacherous thieves that occupy it. We need to use the election process to remove every single Congressman and Senator in US government-none of them protected us. We’d be better off with a government made up of truck drivers and plumbers. If that doesn’t work then violent overthrow is the only alternative.
    Excellent post. Thank you.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,393
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,221x in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy and paste from the internet does the same.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same prob, I have to put a space or two individually between paragraphs, its a pain in the ass
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are sequestered in their homes listening to expert talking heads that contradict each other every day. Isn’t government and political leadership wonderful? That’s why they’re leading and the rest of us are following. This is a special class of people you know, with degrees from Harvard and Yale and tongues that can debate for 24 hours non-stop with nary a breath taken. These people are a marvel to behold aren’t they? Just one question: How did they get us into this mess? People are sick and dying and the economy is on the brink of collapse. Shouldn’t our accomplished leadership have seen this coming? What were they doing? What were they thinking? Did they believe that a few four syllable words would deter a deadly pathogen stalking our communities like the Tenth Plague of Egypt? What kind of hubris must these people have to have allowed this to happen? Yes, one side was preoccupied with impeaching what they saw as a menace to the great state they had crafted to right all wrongs and seek vengeance through the courts to punish disfavored groups. But the other side was no better. They were pocketing the same lobbyist bribery from the culprits that released the plague for personal corporate considerations. While the pall approached no warning was given because the two sides were locked in combat like rutting male wildebeests that didn’t see the lion. Now we are paying a much steeper price than we should because precious time was lost at the beginning. This is an ugly situation and when we get to the other side of it, if we get there, we need to reconsider how we elect leaders and who is considered for leadership. Obviously there are too many highly educated people in leadership. The problem is that they identify with highly educated people on distant continents and abandon any concern they have for average people. That’s what globalization is all about. It’s an elitist betrayal and now we are being poisoned. A new broom makes a clean sweep and it’s time to purge our government of the treacherous thieves that occupy it. We need to use the election process to remove every single Congressman and Senator in US government-none of them protected us. We’d be better off with a government made up of truck drivers and plumbers. If that doesn’t work then violent overthrow is the only alternative.
    Good post Ray9......the current system has emerged incrementally over many years ... it will be difficult to turn it around , but I for one, believe it can be . I also believe that it will happen , by necessity , after the current virus crisis is averted......nothing worthwhile is ever easy. We need to go back to living in societies , not economies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

Refugee (04-03-2020)

+ Reply to Thread