Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deer taking over Calgary neighborhood during lockdown

April 6 (UPI) -- Residents of Calgary, Alberta, said the streets being emptied of travelers amid the coronavirus pandemic has led to an influx of unusual visitors -- a large herd of deer.
    Locals shared video showing groups of deer wandering the streets of the city, which have been emptied by COVID-19 lockdown measures.
    A London neighborhood is currently facing a similar situation, with a herd of fallow deer wandering out of the woods to claim front lawns in the Harold Hill area as their new territory.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/04...86203868/?sl=3
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (04-07-2020),Just AnotherPerson (04-07-2020),Peter1469 (04-07-2020)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    April 6 (UPI) -- Residents of Calgary, Alberta, said the streets being emptied of travelers amid the coronavirus pandemic has led to an influx of unusual visitors -- a large herd of deer.
    Locals shared video showing groups of deer wandering the streets of the city, which have been emptied by COVID-19 lockdown measures.
    A London neighborhood is currently facing a similar situation, with a herd of fallow deer wandering out of the woods to claim front lawns in the Harold Hill area as their new territory.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/04...86203868/?sl=3
    Friends in various areas have mentioned wildlife getting 'braver'... some areas may indeed be because of less human traffic, others, they just weren't home to see it.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Friends in various areas have mentioned wildlife getting 'braver'... some areas may indeed be because of less human traffic, others, they just weren't home to see it.
    I'm waiting for a mountain lion to come down from their roving grounds on the top of the local mountains. I've already noticed the local coyotes are getting much braver, just last night there was a pack of them in a field on my property making a lot of racket with their baying while out looking for dinner.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-07-2020)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for a mountain lion to come down from their roving grounds on the top of the local mountains. I've already noticed the local coyotes are getting much braver, just last night there was a pack of them in a field on my property making a lot of racket with their baying while out looking for dinner.
    How unpleasant.

We have the occasional coyote or mountain lion, but very infrequent. A trail cam on an investment property showed a pair of mountain lions as frequent visitors last year. We have several herds of deer, turkeys and fox that are normal here.

When we hear the fox, or the neighbors call with coyote sightings, the cat (now singular) gets locked in for the night. My sister lost a cat to a hungry coyote, and I just couldn't stand it if that were to happen to mine.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How unpleasant.

We have the occasional coyote or mountain lion, but very infrequent. A trail cam on an investment property showed a pair of mountain lions as frequent visitors last year. We have several herds of deer, turkeys and fox that are normal here.

When we hear the fox, or the neighbors call with coyote sightings, the cat (now singular) gets locked in for the night. My sister lost a cat to a hungry coyote, and I just couldn't stand it if that were to happen to mine.
    We keep our dog inside as a rule so we don't worry too much. Years ago I had a pack of coyotes get into the chicken coop and killed about a dozen or so birds on me. They can be really nasty critters.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All they're doing is compiling clips of wildlife in town over time. I've had that many deer in my yard on several occasions.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats scary
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Thats scary
    It can be; thankfully mountain lions are not a common sight where I live; you have to go looking in order to find one.

+ Reply to Thread