User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Governer Newsom tackles huge homeless problem!

  1. #1
    Points: 30,201, Level: 42
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19001
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Grass Valley, CA
    Posts
    10,996
    Points
    30,201
    Level
    42
    Thanks Given
    103
    Thanked 137x in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Governer Newsom tackles huge homeless problem!

    Thousands of California's homeless will move into hotels: Gov. Newsom

    By Lisa Fernandez
    Published 4 days ago
    Updated 3 days ago
    Coronavirus in California
    KTVU FOX 2




    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday outlined some of the the state's emergency actions to protect Californians experiencing homelessness and the public from COVID-19, including moving thousands of unsheltered people into hotels.
    He said his team has secured 7,000 hotel rooms for the homeless, and is on the way to scoring 15,000 in what he is dubbing "Project Room Key." World Central Kitchen Jose Andres will be providing three meals a day for those staying at these sites.

    Ad Content by Taboola |

    Sponsored Stories

    The Best Way to Stop a Barking Dog (It's Genius)Bark Begone|Sponsored


    California: Say Bye To Expensive Solar Panels If You Own A Home In Grass ValleyEnergy Bill Cruncher Solar Quotes|Sponsored









    Nearly 900 people have already moved into the hotels, Newsom said, adding that he didn't want to "flood" the hotels all at once.
    The hotel rooms are in addition to the 1,300 trailers the state has secured for the homeless. They will also complement what individual cities, such as San Francisco, have been doing in terms of moving the unsheltered off the streets.
    In the last few weeks, Newsom said $800 million grants has been spent on support services for the homeless. And the federal government has also been spending millions to augment these temporary hotel shelters, Newsom said. FEMA will pay up to a 75% reimbursement rate to California for the hotels, Newsom said.
    Who gets to move into the hotels? Newsom said officials will triage in this order: Homeless people diagnosed with the virus, homeless people who have close contact with those diagnosed with the virus and homeless people who are at higher risk for the virus, meaning they are older than 65 or have pre-existing health conditions.
    Homelessness has long been one of the most vexing challenges for California, and Newsom noted that leaders will also be trying to take this opportunity to figure out more long-term solutions to this social and economic issue.
    Newsom's update comes a day after a homeless person in San Francisco tested positive for coronavirus, and after another homeless person died in Santa Clara County in mid-March, the state's first known coronavirus-related homeless death.
    Newsom noted that death, calling it "tragic."
    On Friday, Newsom reported that California has 10,710 positive coronavirus cases. Of that, 2,100 people are hospitalized and 901 are in Intensive Care Units, up 10.4% from the day before.
    Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, who chairs the state's task force on homelessness, thanked Newsom for highlighting homelessness during this health crisis.
    "Unsheltered homelessness was a crisis before COVID-19," Steinberg said at the news conference. "It is a heightened crisis during this epidemic. If we do our part now, it might be less of a crisis as we come out of this."
    The Associated Press reported that relatively few of California’s 150,000 homeless have been moved into individual quarters and there’s no indication of widespread checks on health and safety among people living and sleeping in encampments.
    It’s unclear — partly due to testing shortages — how many even have the highly contagious virus. More than a dozen cases have been confirmed.
    Homeless at high risk for coronavirus
    “The whole shelter-in-place and the whole lack of shelter-in-place for homeless people was totally poorly thought out,” Needa Bee told the AP. She lives in a camper in Oakland with her teenage daughter.
    The shutdown of public libraries and other facilities has made it much harder for homeless people to get clean water and food or use the bathroom. Many are also older or have underlying health conditions.
    In San Francisco, some supervisors want more aggressive action to move people off the streets, while the mayor is focusing on people already in shelters or those showing symptoms. The city moved 123 people showing symptoms or awaiting test results into hotel rooms but didn’t get thermometers for shelters until last week.
    The Trump administration announced $3 billion Thursday for homelessness pandemic efforts. California Gov. Gavin Newsom pledged $150 million in homeless aid as one of his earliest acts during the crisis.
    He pushed back on the idea that people sleeping on hard streets would refuse help, saying “there’s a lot of mythology about resistance; I think it’s wildly overstated.”
    This story was reported from Oakland, Calif. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    Source:https://www.ktvu.com/news/thousands-...els-gov-newsom




  2. #2
    Original Ranter
    Points: 234,144, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    399007
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    93,834
    Points
    234,144
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    18,760
    Thanked 35,950x in 25,452 Posts
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Makes you feel fortunate to live in that dilapidated trailer, huh?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-07-2020)

  4. #3
    Points: 52,321, Level: 55
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    23899
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    8,195
    Points
    52,321
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    8,310
    Thanked 5,865x in 3,798 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Makes you feel fortunate to live in that dilapidated trailer, huh?
    Makes you feel like a real man to talk down to someone because they don't have as much as you do, Huh?
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 04-07-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  5. #4
    Points: 4,250, Level: 15
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Jeb!'s Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    795
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    975
    Points
    4,250
    Level
    15
    Thanks Given
    538
    Thanked 785x in 504 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    Thousands of California's homeless will move into hotels: Gov. Newsom

    By Lisa Fernandez
    Published 4 days ago
    Updated 3 days ago
    Coronavirus in California
    KTVU FOX 2

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday outlined some of the the state's emergency actions to protect Californians experiencing homelessness and the public from COVID-19, including moving thousands of unsheltered people into hotels.
    He said his team has secured 7,000 hotel rooms for the homeless, and is on the way to scoring 15,000 in what he is dubbing "Project Room Key." World Central Kitchen Jose Andres will be providing three meals a day for those staying at these sites.

    Ad Content by Taboola |

    Sponsored Stories

    The Best Way to Stop a Barking Dog (It's Genius)Bark Begone|Sponsored


    California: Say Bye To Expensive Solar Panels If You Own A Home In Grass ValleyEnergy Bill Cruncher Solar Quotes|Sponsored









    Nearly 900 people have already moved into the hotels, Newsom said, adding that he didn't want to "flood" the hotels all at once.
    The hotel rooms are in addition to the 1,300 trailers the state has secured for the homeless. They will also complement what individual cities, such as San Francisco, have been doing in terms of moving the unsheltered off the streets.
    In the last few weeks, Newsom said $800 million grants has been spent on support services for the homeless. And the federal government has also been spending millions to augment these temporary hotel shelters, Newsom said. FEMA will pay up to a 75% reimbursement rate to California for the hotels, Newsom said.
    Who gets to move into the hotels? Newsom said officials will triage in this order: Homeless people diagnosed with the virus, homeless people who have close contact with those diagnosed with the virus and homeless people who are at higher risk for the virus, meaning they are older than 65 or have pre-existing health conditions.
    Homelessness has long been one of the most vexing challenges for California, and Newsom noted that leaders will also be trying to take this opportunity to figure out more long-term solutions to this social and economic issue.
    Newsom's update comes a day after a homeless person in San Francisco tested positive for coronavirus, and after another homeless person died in Santa Clara County in mid-March, the state's first known coronavirus-related homeless death.
    Newsom noted that death, calling it "tragic."
    On Friday, Newsom reported that California has 10,710 positive coronavirus cases. Of that, 2,100 people are hospitalized and 901 are in Intensive Care Units, up 10.4% from the day before.
    Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, who chairs the state's task force on homelessness, thanked Newsom for highlighting homelessness during this health crisis.
    "Unsheltered homelessness was a crisis before COVID-19," Steinberg said at the news conference. "It is a heightened crisis during this epidemic. If we do our part now, it might be less of a crisis as we come out of this."
    The Associated Press reported that relatively few of California’s 150,000 homeless have been moved into individual quarters and there’s no indication of widespread checks on health and safety among people living and sleeping in encampments.
    It’s unclear — partly due to testing shortages — how many even have the highly contagious virus. More than a dozen cases have been confirmed.
    Homeless at high risk for coronavirus
    “The whole shelter-in-place and the whole lack of shelter-in-place for homeless people was totally poorly thought out,” Needa Bee told the AP. She lives in a camper in Oakland with her teenage daughter.
    The shutdown of public libraries and other facilities has made it much harder for homeless people to get clean water and food or use the bathroom. Many are also older or have underlying health conditions.
    In San Francisco, some supervisors want more aggressive action to move people off the streets, while the mayor is focusing on people already in shelters or those showing symptoms. The city moved 123 people showing symptoms or awaiting test results into hotel rooms but didn’t get thermometers for shelters until last week.
    The Trump administration announced $3 billion Thursday for homelessness pandemic efforts. California Gov. Gavin Newsom pledged $150 million in homeless aid as one of his earliest acts during the crisis.
    He pushed back on the idea that people sleeping on hard streets would refuse help, saying “there’s a lot of mythology about resistance; I think it’s wildly overstated.”
    This story was reported from Oakland, Calif. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    Source:https://www.ktvu.com/news/thousands-...els-gov-newsom



    That's hilarious. You should claim to be homeless so you can move into a hotel. I bet it would be better than living in your trailer (I'm not making fun of you, I'm just trying to help you).
    Last edited by Jeb!; 04-07-2020 at 02:51 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeb! For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-07-2020)

  7. #5
    Original Ranter
    Points: 568,382, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    435360
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    169,569
    Points
    568,382
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    101,390
    Thanked 86,341x in 57,948 Posts
    Mentioned
    2276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the hotel owners are thrilled.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-07-2020)

  9. #6
    Points: 22,787, Level: 36
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3746
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,782
    Points
    22,787
    Level
    36
    Thanks Given
    2,883
    Thanked 3,746x in 2,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free Stuff! Unca Sam's buying!
    http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/120290-Vodafone-denies-5G-coronavirus-connection

  10. #7
    Points: 23,625, Level: 37
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Reason10's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    11143
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,745
    Points
    23,625
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    7
    Thanked 2,135x in 1,434 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Makes you feel like a real man to talk down to someone because they don't have as much as you do, Huh?
    It's not Mister D's fault that his IQ is ten times as high as Mini Me.
    "Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver." (Ayn Rand)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Reason10 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-07-2020)

  12. #8
    Points: 52,321, Level: 55
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    23899
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    8,195
    Points
    52,321
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    8,310
    Thanked 5,865x in 3,798 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb! View Post
    That's hilarious. You should claim to be homeless so you can move into a hotel. I bet it would be better than living in your trailer (I'm not making fun of you, I'm just trying to help you).
    $#@!!!! What's wrong with you people? Are you even human? Why would you bring up someone's less fortunate living conditions to belittle them. You and @Mister D are terrible. I mean it's just wrong.

    I guess it makes you feel better about yourself. But it just makes you look terrible. No one is going to think any less of Dr because you guys talked crap about where he lives. The only ones who will look bad are you guys.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  13. #9
    Points: 52,321, Level: 55
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    23899
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    8,195
    Points
    52,321
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    8,310
    Thanked 5,865x in 3,798 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
    It's not Mister D's fault that his IQ is ten times as high as Mini Me.
    Um yeah his IQ is so high that he makes fun of people who have less than him. It is not a sign of a high IQ. It is a sign of a person who has no decency.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Mini Me (04-07-2020)

  15. #10
    Points: 23,625, Level: 37
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Reason10's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    11143
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,745
    Points
    23,625
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    7
    Thanked 2,135x in 1,434 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    Thousands of California's homeless will move into hotels: Gov. Newsom

    By Lisa Fernandez
    Published 4 days ago
    Updated 3 days ago
    Coronavirus in California
    KTVU FOX 2




    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday outlined some of the the state's emergency actions to protect Californians experiencing homelessness and the public from COVID-19, including moving thousands of unsheltered people into hotels.
    He said his team has secured 7,000 hotel rooms for the homeless, and is on the way to scoring 15,000 in what he is dubbing "Project Room Key." World Central Kitchen Jose Andres will be providing three meals a day for those staying at these sites.

    Ad Content by Taboola |

    Sponsored Stories

    The Best Way to Stop a Barking Dog (It's Genius)Bark Begone|Sponsored


    California: Say Bye To Expensive Solar Panels If You Own A Home In Grass ValleyEnergy Bill Cruncher Solar Quotes|Sponsored









    Nearly 900 people have already moved into the hotels, Newsom said, adding that he didn't want to "flood" the hotels all at once.
    The hotel rooms are in addition to the 1,300 trailers the state has secured for the homeless. They will also complement what individual cities, such as San Francisco, have been doing in terms of moving the unsheltered off the streets.
    In the last few weeks, Newsom said $800 million grants has been spent on support services for the homeless. And the federal government has also been spending millions to augment these temporary hotel shelters, Newsom said. FEMA will pay up to a 75% reimbursement rate to California for the hotels, Newsom said.
    Who gets to move into the hotels? Newsom said officials will triage in this order: Homeless people diagnosed with the virus, homeless people who have close contact with those diagnosed with the virus and homeless people who are at higher risk for the virus, meaning they are older than 65 or have pre-existing health conditions.
    Homelessness has long been one of the most vexing challenges for California, and Newsom noted that leaders will also be trying to take this opportunity to figure out more long-term solutions to this social and economic issue.
    Newsom's update comes a day after a homeless person in San Francisco tested positive for coronavirus, and after another homeless person died in Santa Clara County in mid-March, the state's first known coronavirus-related homeless death.
    Newsom noted that death, calling it "tragic."
    On Friday, Newsom reported that California has 10,710 positive coronavirus cases. Of that, 2,100 people are hospitalized and 901 are in Intensive Care Units, up 10.4% from the day before.
    Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, who chairs the state's task force on homelessness, thanked Newsom for highlighting homelessness during this health crisis.
    "Unsheltered homelessness was a crisis before COVID-19," Steinberg said at the news conference. "It is a heightened crisis during this epidemic. If we do our part now, it might be less of a crisis as we come out of this."
    The Associated Press reported that relatively few of California’s 150,000 homeless have been moved into individual quarters and there’s no indication of widespread checks on health and safety among people living and sleeping in encampments.
    It’s unclear — partly due to testing shortages — how many even have the highly contagious virus. More than a dozen cases have been confirmed.
    Homeless at high risk for coronavirus
    “The whole shelter-in-place and the whole lack of shelter-in-place for homeless people was totally poorly thought out,” Needa Bee told the AP. She lives in a camper in Oakland with her teenage daughter.
    The shutdown of public libraries and other facilities has made it much harder for homeless people to get clean water and food or use the bathroom. Many are also older or have underlying health conditions.
    In San Francisco, some supervisors want more aggressive action to move people off the streets, while the mayor is focusing on people already in shelters or those showing symptoms. The city moved 123 people showing symptoms or awaiting test results into hotel rooms but didn’t get thermometers for shelters until last week.
    The Trump administration announced $3 billion Thursday for homelessness pandemic efforts. California Gov. Gavin Newsom pledged $150 million in homeless aid as one of his earliest acts during the crisis.
    He pushed back on the idea that people sleeping on hard streets would refuse help, saying “there’s a lot of mythology about resistance; I think it’s wildly overstated.”
    This story was reported from Oakland, Calif. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    Source:https://www.ktvu.com/news/thousands-...els-gov-newsom



    Typical IDIOT left winger governor of a failed state. Rip off private property to house homeless that CALIFORNIA'S OWN LIBERALS AND THEIR FCKED UP ECONOMIC POLICIES HAVE CREATED, and crowd those people in close quarters where they can infect each other and die off.

    It's the Adolf Eichmann method of virus/crowd control.

    Seig Heil.
    "Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver." (Ayn Rand)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO