User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: His Shotgun is woefully out of reach...

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    You defined value as worth. Now your moving the definition to innate value. Or I’m assuming innate worth. What is the innate worth of a $#@!roach?

You continually refuse to answer simple, direct questions. Either you want to have a discussion or you don’t. Implying I hurt animals is simply bad faith posting and an attempt to deflect from your failing and mentally disturbed viewpoint.
    Value is worth. But value is the term I've been using from the beginning, so no goalposts are being moved, and I never implied you hurt animals, I simply remember a post you made long ago where you were loathe to condemn someone who had hurt an animal.

From your posts, it's obvious you've elevated yourself above other species in value (or worth, choose your term). The day you can create even the simplest of animals, I may buy into your rant. But, until then, you're just a member of one of earth's many, many species. And the species you belong to has no more value to the whole than does any other species.

I don't make bad faith postings, so I'd appreciate it if you refrain from false allegations.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still refuse to simply answer a direct question I see.

Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Value is worth. But value is the term I've been using from the beginning, so no goalposts are being moved, and I never implied you hurt animals, I simply remember a post you made long ago where you were loathe to condemn someone who had hurt an animal.
    You should quote me and not throw around allegations that are false.

From your posts, it's obvious you've elevated yourself above other species in value (or worth, choose your term). The day you can create even the simplest of animals, I may buy into your rant. But, until then, you're just a member of one of earth's many, many species. And the species you belong to has no more value to the whole than does any other species.
    Seeing more value/worth in humans does not equate to create animals. I'm not equating myself to God. I'll ask again. What does "value to the whole" mean? Would you say humans are more valuable to protected species then the protected species are to humans?

I don't make bad faith postings, so I'd appreciate it if you refrain from false allegations.
    You're the one throwing around false allegations. That is purely bad faith posting.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Safety (05-06-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,581x in 36,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FK, believing human beings are on a whole different level does not necessarily entail any lack of ethics or responsible stewardship. Perhaps this is getting lost in translation?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    Still refuse to simply answer a direct question I see.
    You should quote me and not throw around allegations that are false.
    You're just itching for a fight. Sorry, not biting.

Seeing more value/worth in humans does not equate to create animals. I'm not equating myself to God. I'll ask again. What does "value to the whole" mean? Would you say humans are more valuable to protected species then the protected species are to humans?
    I'm simply pointing out that humans are one of many species that inhabit this planet To think they are somehow more important to the whole is anti-intellectual. It's reactionary. As to your second question, no. As to the former, I'm not playing your circular, let's define terminology rather than debate the issue, game.

You're the one throwing around false allegations. That is purely bad faith posting.
    We both know that's not true.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're just itching for a fight. Sorry, not biting.
    How is asking you a direct question "itching for a fight". That is how discussion is had... If you don't want to discuss and rather lie about me and insult me then you can see your way out of the thread. You're simply trolling.

I'm simply pointing out that humans are one of many species that inhabit this planet To think they are somehow more important to the whole is anti-intellectual. It's reactionary. As to your second question, no. As to the former, I'm not playing your circular, let's define terminology rather than debate the issue, game.
    How can we debate the issue if you think the terminology is something other than it actually is? You're the one playing games here. I'm just trying to understand what is going on in that thing you call a brain.

Do other animals protect endangered species? If not what "value to the whole" do they provide other than their own meet as food and their crap as fertilizer?

We both know that's not true.
    Then prove your allegation or apologize. Then we will both know it's true. Until then you're nothing more than a lying troll to me.

-Darth Vader

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Safety (05-06-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet he moved his shotgun a little closer after the bear left.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Private Pickle (05-06-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    FK, believing human beings are on a whole different level does not necessarily entail any lack of ethics or responsible stewardship. Perhaps this is getting lost in translation?
    It is getting lost in translation.

My point is that intellectual or physical superiority (I admit there is superiority) does not equate with innate value. Might does not make right. It's that sort of attitude that is exhibited by trophy hunters who kill only for heads, hides, or antlers. Once someone makes the claim, "It's only an animal," in my opinion, they've already exhibited a less-evolved mentality. Of course, hunting to eat and survive will always be justified.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Mister D (05-06-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is that intellectual or physical superiority (I admit there is superiority) does not equate with innate value. Might does not make right. It's that sort of attitude that is exhibited by trophy hunters who kill only for heads, hides, or antlers. Once someone makes the claim, "It's only an animal," in my opinion, they've already exhibited a less-evolved mentality. Of course, hunting to eat and survive will always be justified.
    You refuse to define innate value so your argument is meaningless.

-Darth Vader

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,581x in 36,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree that such attitudes are appalling but I would hesitate to speak in terms of evolution. As you are aware, I'm a religious man but if we're speaking strictly in naturalistic or materialistic terms evolution has no moral or ethical content. It has no goal. It's going no where. "It's only an animal" is different from a cat saying "it's only a mouse" only because cats are not capable of conceptualization or abstraction and they lack moral agency.

The human mind is qualitatively different. The difference between you and your dogs is not one of degree. That fact alone suggests men really are something different. I condemn cruelty precisely because men are not simply animals.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-06-2020)

+ Reply to Thread