User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 151 to 157 of 157

Thread: House intel transcripts, Obama officials had no 'empirical evidence'

  1. #151
    Original Ranter
    Points: 227,730, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    49199
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    58,426
    Points
    227,730
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,612
    Thanked 18,194x in 13,805 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    LOL. Three out of 47 democrats voted for Barr. THREE. I guess that means Mitt Romney's vote of guilty means the Republican Party supported convicting the President.

    I have mentioned Bill Barr's phony dispassionate demeanor before in this forum and how it easily fools people. It fooled me, initially.

    Kyrsten Sinema is a centrist who voted for Barrafter "meeting him". She got hypnotised by a soften spoken deeply partisan man.
    Manuchan is a Democrat in name only who regularly sides with Republicans on votes.
    Doug Jones? Who knows? It could have been a "hall pass" vote.

    In any case they are not representative of the majority of Democrats, more like 3% of the Senate.
    I thought your 3/47 votes argument was funny. But you topped it. Thirty years ago??? The actions of Democrats from 30 years ago before they had gotten to know him, is not a convincing case that Democrats trust him today. Twenty years ago Lindsey Graham and Alan Dershowitz were passionately saying you don't need a crime to be impeached. This year they argued the exact opposite, with equal passion.

    Before he was confirmed with a simple majority in the senate, Democrats were calling for him to be rejected, and 94% of dems voted against him. So spare me your line "Barr was trusted by demos twice."


    There it is again the washington examiner. Do you own shares?
    Barr being uncontroversial should have been a clue.

    Yes 3 Demos in the highly partisan time should have been another. Of course that highly partisan atmosphere that the Left has pushed. Falls on the Democrats and their supporters. Their the ones that threw qualifications out the window.


    Aww and I figured you would like the Never Trumpers at the Washington Examiner. That you don't know that the vast majority of them are Never Trumper Repubs shows you shouldn't even talk about sources.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (05-27-2020)

  3. #152
    Points: 19,249, Level: 33
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4534
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,138
    Points
    19,249
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    495
    Thanked 4,525x in 3,016 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    LOL. Three out of 47 democrats voted for Barr. THREE. I guess that means Mitt Romney's vote of guilty means the Republican Party supported convicting the President.

    I have mentioned Bill Barr's phony dispassionate demeanor before in this forum and how it easily fools people. It fooled me, initially.

    Kyrsten Sinema is a centrist who voted for Barrafter "meeting him". She got hypnotised by a soften spoken deeply partisan man.
    Manuchan is a Democrat in name only who regularly sides with Republicans on votes.
    Doug Jones? Who knows? It could have been a "hall pass" vote.

    In any case they are not representative of the majority of Democrats, more like 3% of the Senate.
    I thought your 3/47 votes argument was funny. But you topped it. Thirty years ago??? The actions of Democrats from 30 years ago before they had gotten to know him, is not a convincing case that Democrats trust him today. Twenty years ago Lindsey Graham and Alan Dershowitz were passionately saying you don't need a crime to be impeached. This year they argued the exact opposite, with equal passion.

    Before he was confirmed with a simple majority in the senate, Democrats were calling for him to be rejected, and 94% of dems voted against him. So spare me your line "Barr was trusted by demos twice."


    There it is again the washington examiner. Do you own shares?
    Dems generally are against anything Trump is for; thus, the reason they are hoping for more pain for Americans. Power over people is all they care about.
    Priceless.

    "I am prepared to say that I have a record of over forty years and that I am going to beat Joe Biden" ~ Joe Biden

  4. #153
    Points: 9,758, Level: 23
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    226
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,125
    Points
    9,758
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    116
    Thanked 216x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Barr being uncontroversial should have been a clue.
    Barr is not uncontroversial. So there is no clue there. A Judge association convened an emergency meeting because of him and a association of former DOJ lawyers has called on him to resign.
    That should have been among your clues.
    Yes 3 Demos in the highly partisan time should have been another.
    If you want to admit that Mitt Romney voting to convict Trump demonstrates that Republicans supported removing him I will give you credit for your theory that 6% of Senate Democrats is somehow a majority.
    Of course that highly partisan atmosphere that the Left has pushed. Falls on the Democrats and their supporters.
    The Right is far more divisive than the left and the right’s divisiveness has been supercharged by Trump’s affinity for divisiveness. I have started at least two threads on this and wont discuss it in this one. You can look up “the left hates you” if you disagree.

    Their the ones that threw qualifications out the window.
    ?


    Aww and I figured you would like the Never Trumpers at the Washington Examiner. That you don't know that the vast majority of them are Never Trumper Repubs shows you shouldn't even talk about sources.
    You seem to think that everyone knows the washington examiner. I only see you quoting them. Over, and over, again. It has a weekly circulation of 45,000. By comparison the NYT has a daily circulation of 571,000 and over a million on Sunday alone. Why would anyone be expected to know about a niche fringe newspaper that is probably feeding you exactly what you want to hear.
    9 of the top 10 Most corrupt states are Republican


    Be smarter
    . Listen to opposing media. When a Democrat gets elected, listen to Sean Hannity. For now, listen to Rachel Maddow.
    Republican-led Senate intel committee concluded: Russia wants Trump elected.

  5. #154
    Original Ranter
    Points: 227,730, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    49199
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    58,426
    Points
    227,730
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,612
    Thanked 18,194x in 13,805 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Barr is not uncontroversial. So there is no clue there. A Judge association convened an emergency meeting because of him and a association of former DOJ lawyers has called on him to resign.
    That should have been among your clues.

    If you want to admit that Mitt Romney voting to convict Trump demonstrates that Republicans supported removing him I will give you credit for your theory that 6% of Senate Democrats is somehow a majority.
    The Right is far more divisive than the left and the right’s divisiveness has been supercharged by Trump’s affinity for divisiveness. I have started at least two threads on this and wont discuss it in this one. You can look up “the left hates you” if you disagree.


    ?




    You seem to think that everyone knows the washington examiner. I only see you quoting them. Over, and over, again. It has a weekly circulation of 45,000. By comparison the NYT has a daily circulation of 571,000 and over a million on Sunday alone. Why would anyone be expected to know about a niche fringe newspaper that is probably feeding you exactly what you want to hear.
    Barr was always uncontroversial.

    OIC you think Romney is a Republican. That's not surprising.


    The History of the Oldest party in the US validates who is more divisive. Since their creation....they have always been about dividing the country up. That hasn't changed.


    That you don't know who in the Beltway with news sources has credibility and is given that credibility by leftists rags and all others. Shows why you would try and compare the New York Times with them. Being the die hard leftist that you are.....you should have at the least noted why WAPO and others don't go after the WE.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  6. #155
    Points: 9,758, Level: 23
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    226
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,125
    Points
    9,758
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    116
    Thanked 216x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Barr was always uncontroversial.
    Controversial or not he was appointed at a time when Trump was looking for his new "Roy Cohn" and Democrats were strongly protesting his appointment. Since his appointment he certainly has been controversial as I said before :"A Judge association convened an emergency meeting because of him and an association of former DOJ lawyers has called on him to resign."
    OIC you think Romney is a Republican. That's not surprising.
    Do I think the previous Republican nominee for President of the United States is a Republican?? ummm.... Yes? Yes I do?
    The History of the Oldest party in the US validates who is more divisive. Since their creation....they have always been about dividing the country up. That hasn't changed.
    Republican thought leaders tell everyone, "the left hates you". It's their strategy. It's an effective way to inject enthusiasm for voting. Republicans do not care about the destructive side effect of nurturing animosity between neighbors. They are willing to do or say whatever they have to for their goal. They will destroy the country if that means they can win it. And Sociopath in Chief Donald Trump is the poster boy for that philosophy. Foment hate, and use it to activate your base.

    What could be more divisive than saying things like that? "The left hates you" . Google it with quotation marks: 11,600 hits. Now try "the right hates you". 75 hits.
    That you don't know who in the Beltway with news sources has credibility and is given that credibility by leftists rags and all others. Shows why you would try and compare the New York Times with them. Being the die hard leftist that you are.....you should have at the least noted why WAPO and others don't go after the WE.
    I was shocked to see that the first line in wikipedia about the WE says this: "The Washington Examiner is an American conservative news website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C."

    One could easily assume the reason they don't "go after" a weekly magazine with a small subscriber base is because they've never or barely heard of them. That, or they're so small, who cares?


    I am not a "die hard leftist". And I am not a Democrat. I rate each policy on its own merit. I just dont like most (not all) of the republican platform. I also think Trumpism is destroying good faith in the country.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 05-27-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    9 of the top 10 Most corrupt states are Republican


    Be smarter
    . Listen to opposing media. When a Democrat gets elected, listen to Sean Hannity. For now, listen to Rachel Maddow.
    Republican-led Senate intel committee concluded: Russia wants Trump elected.

  7. #156
    Points: 13,950, Level: 28
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3523
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    5,248
    Points
    13,950
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    2,630
    Thanked 3,514x in 2,447 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Controversial or not he was appointed at a time when Trump was looking for his new "Roy Cohn" and Democrats were strongly protesting his appointment. Since his appointment he certainly has been controversial as I said before :"A Judge association convened an emergency meeting because of him and an association of former DOJ lawyers has called on him to resign."

    Do I think the previous Republican nominee for President of the United States is a Republican?? ummm.... Yes? Yes I do?
    Republican thought leaders tell everyone, "the left hates you". It's their strategy. It's an effective way to inject enthusiasm for voting. Republicans do not care about the destructive side effect of nurturing animosity between neighbors. They are willing to do or say whatever they have to for their goal. They will destroy the country if that means they can win it. And Sociopath in Chief Donald Trump is the poster boy for that philosophy. Foment hate, and use it to activate your base.

    What could be more divisive than saying things like that? "The left hates you" . Google it with quotation marks: 11,600 hits. Now try "the right hates you". 75 hits.
    I was shocked to see that the first line in wikipedia about the WE says this: "The Washington Examiner is an American conservative news website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C."

    One could easily assume the reason they don't "go after" a weekly magazine with a small subscriber base is because they've never or barely heard of them. That, or they're so small, who cares?


    I am not a "die hard leftist". And I am not a Democrat. I rate each policy on its own merit. I just dont most (not all) of the republican platform. I also think Trumpism is destroying good faith in the country.
    I used to call myself an independent but I always voted with the Republicans in the end. I gave up calling myself independent.
    You should also give it up . You agree with the Democrat party 100% of the time.

    Your point about this bipartisan votes is very accurate. Bi-partisan is not a couple of people crossing the lines. It is a misrepresentation of facts to say it is.

    The New York Times has a national Distribution. That does not mean it is a better source. Like USA today, they give away their paper for free to Airlines and other outlets to boost their subscription numbers for advertisers. The USA today is the yellow pages of newspaper. No sales but they end up everywhere including on my hotel room doors for free. CNN estimates viewers in the airports that they think watch the TVs they pay to install at the gates to boost their absolutely terrible numbers.

    The circulation or viewers numbers do not define the quality of the service.
    Last edited by carolina73; 05-27-2020 at 09:59 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    TheLiquidGuy (05-27-2020)

  9. #157
    Original Ranter
    Points: 569,257, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    435534
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    169,824
    Points
    569,257
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    101,558
    Thanked 86,515x in 58,060 Posts
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is another example of the hard left projecting their conduct onto the right:

    Republican thought leaders tell everyone, "the left hates you". It's their strategy.
    This is what the hard left does and was perfected under Obama. So what does the hard left do? We don't do this. The right does.

    Just as with Russian collusion. The real story was Joe Biden and corruption in Ukraine. So the hard left changed Biden to Trump and Ukraine to Russia. Dummies bought it and some extreme dummies still do. Smart people knew it was really a soft coup from the beginning.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Controversial or not he was appointed at a time when Trump was looking for his new "Roy Cohn" and Democrats were strongly protesting his appointment. Since his appointment he certainly has been controversial as I said before :"A Judge association convened an emergency meeting because of him and an association of former DOJ lawyers has called on him to resign."

    Do I think the previous Republican nominee for President of the United States is a Republican?? ummm.... Yes? Yes I do?
    Republican thought leaders tell everyone, "the left hates you". It's their strategy. It's an effective way to inject enthusiasm for voting. Republicans do not care about the destructive side effect of nurturing animosity between neighbors. They are willing to do or say whatever they have to for their goal. They will destroy the country if that means they can win it. And Sociopath in Chief Donald Trump is the poster boy for that philosophy. Foment hate, and use it to activate your base.

    What could be more divisive than saying things like that? "The left hates you" . Google it with quotation marks: 11,600 hits. Now try "the right hates you". 75 hits.
    I was shocked to see that the first line in wikipedia about the WE says this: "The Washington Examiner is an American conservative news website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C."

    One could easily assume the reason they don't "go after" a weekly magazine with a small subscriber base is because they've never or barely heard of them. That, or they're so small, who cares?


    I am not a "die hard leftist". And I am not a Democrat. I rate each policy on its own merit. I just dont like most (not all) of the republican platform. I also think Trumpism is destroying good faith in the country.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO