Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incident Involving wearing a mask

Yesterday, on the way home from visiting my doctor, I stopped by the supermarket to pick up a few items. While in the store, I heard a small commotion and noticed a customer was arguing with the store manager. Apparently the customer was refusing to wear a mask (which is currently a requirement in the state); finally the manager told him to get out of the store to which the man refused. Out of the middle of nowhere, two customers came up from behind him, grabbed him from the belt and collar and literally dragged him out of the store. The customer then got into his truck and left.

The point behind this is that people are starting to lose patience with those who they feel are putting them at risk to the point where it becomes physical. I'm just glad it didn't escalate any further. Is this where we are headed in the future? Where people take matters into their own hands?
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Safety (05-28-2020)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we stand to see more incidents like this. I also think we could see more violent push-back from those who don't have masks, don't know how to sew, etc.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RichardMZhlubb's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,658x in 3,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Around here, where masks are required, most grocery stores have masks they will give to customers to keep if they don't have one. At this point, not wearing a mask in public is an act of pure selfishness and stupidity.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    Around here, where masks are required, most grocery stores have masks they will give to customers to keep if they don't have one. At this point, not wearing a mask in public is an act of pure selfishness and stupidity.
    I agree with you; just that I hate the thought that people start putting their hands on others since it can lead to violence at some point. I think the best thing to do would have been to call the Sheriff's office and had then send a deputy out to remove the individual.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,583x in 26,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks are nothing more than a placebo and a symbol of submission. Almost all transmission of this virus occurs via sustained and intimate contact. The chances of getting infected by simply walking around in a grocery store around other people is basically zero.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

The Xl (05-27-2020),Thom Paine (05-27-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,485x in 15,900 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Yesterday, on the way home from visiting my doctor, I stopped by the supermarket to pick up a few items. While in the store, I heard a small commotion and noticed a customer was arguing with the store manager. Apparently the customer was refusing to wear a mask (which is currently a requirement in the state); finally the manager told him to get out of the store to which the man refused. Out of the middle of nowhere, two customers came up from behind him, grabbed him from the belt and collar and literally dragged him out of the store. The customer then got into his truck and left.

The point behind this is that people are starting to lose patience with those who they feel are putting them at risk to the point where it becomes physical. I'm just glad it didn't escalate any further. Is this where we are headed in the future? Where people take matters into their own hands?
    I disagree strongly with the whole mask hysteria. The science doesn't support it. However, I do believe that business owners (not some dumb assed Governor) have a right to set their own policies and if you want to use their facilities, you should respect those policies. The guy who refused to wear a mask wasn't wrong for not wanting to wear one. He was wrong for refusing to wear one in a private establishment that had a policy which said you must wear one to enter.

The idiots who grabbed him and forcefully removed him should be hunted down and pummeled severely about the head and shoulders. My moronic Governor has mandated the wearing of masks in public and in all places of business. I do not wear one in my office, nor do I require customers to do so. If someone wants to wear a mask, that is fine. They can wear a mask, but they are going to take their mask off and face a security camera, then they can replace it. I do everything by appointment, so I generally know who is coming in, but everyone who comes through the door can make their own decision as to whether wear a mask or not wear a mask. If they don't like the fact that I am not wearing one, they can leave.

In the incident you cited, everyone was wrong except the store manager and even he was probably wrong when he did not intervene when they goons laid their hands on one of his customers and manhandled him out of the store. I hope he threw them out as well and told them to never return.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-27-2020),Collateral Damage (05-27-2020),Perianne (05-27-2020),Tahuyaman (05-27-2020),Thom Paine (05-27-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bull$#@!.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Tahuyaman (05-27-2020),Thom Paine (05-27-2020)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Saw a video yesterday of a group of customers chasing a kid and his mother out of a store for not wearing masks.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,583x in 26,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why "at this point"? Why not a month or two ago? Because the government ordered us to?
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Saw a video yesterday of a group of customers chasing a kid and his mother out of a store for not wearing masks.
    Such behavior is cowardly and disgusting. The owner of the store would have thrown them all out and put a boot up their asses as they left. If they terrorized that mother and child, they should be visited by someone with a Louisville Slugger and taught the real meaning of fear.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-27-2020),FindersKeepers (05-27-2020)

+ Reply to Thread