Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    What unipolar world? That ship sailed. The global international order is now more like pre-WWI great power competition.

Great powers are not necessarily paranoid, although some (China) may be to a certain extent. They can do more on the international stage because they have less constraints on their power than lesser nations do.
    I can't agree with your understanding of it . The transition between uni-polar and multi-polar is underway - it isn't here yet ......it's basically why the US has become so paranoid about China........there is not even a slight resemblance to pre-WW1 - the whole global situation is so much more advanced since those days . To me , the US view is hard to relate to , because you guys are still struggling with the virus problem , which makes it difficult to plan a post-virus economic strategy - plus , an election year is not helping things . I think the US should be more focused on domestic issues , and structural economic issues , rather than trying to maintain hegemony - but that's just my personal view . I doubt any country , including China has any intentions to initiate any aggression towards the US - it's just not in their interests to do so.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,544x in 94,966 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be more focused on your nation's domestic issues. You have a poor and elementary grasp of foreign policy. Probably because your world view is from that of a regional power rather than a global power.

Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    I can't agree with your understanding of it . The transition between uni-polar and multi-polar is underway - it isn't here yet ......it's basically why the US has become so paranoid about China........there is not even a slight resemblance to pre-WW1 - the whole global situation is so much more advanced since those days . To me , the US view is hard to relate to , because you guys are still struggling with the virus problem , which makes it difficult to plan a post-virus economic strategy - plus , an election year is not helping things . I think the US should be more focused on domestic issues , and structural economic issues , rather than trying to maintain hegemony - but that's just my personal view . I doubt any country , including China has any intentions to initiate any aggression towards the US - it's just not in their interests to do so.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Mister D (05-28-2020),MMC (05-28-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should be more focused on your nation's domestic issues. You have a poor and elementary grasp of foreign policy. Probably because your world view is from that of a regional power rather than a global power.
    Ouch
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very focused on Australia's domestic issues - far more than I am on yours . We have problems , yes . No country is perfect , and we should all strive for improvement . I think a big problem for the US is that they struggle psychologically with the concept of not being No1 global power at everything .......and the hopeless corporate media doesn't help that - just makes it worse , and confuses people.
    Last edited by PJL; 05-28-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very focused on Australia's domestic issues - far more than I am on yours .
    Reckon why you always discuss American economic and domestic issues and rarely discuss yours.

We have problems , yes . No country is perfect , and we should all strive for improvement . I think a big problem for the US is that they struggle psychologically with the concept of not being No1 global power at everything .......and the hopeless corporate media doesn't help that - just makes it worse , and confuses people.
    So...you have problems....we should all strive for improvement...and then you give what's a 'big problem' for the US......but nothing about the big problems in Australia. What does Australia struggle with psychologically? What national 'concepts' do you think are your big problems?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Reckon why you always discuss American economic and domestic issues and rarely discuss yours.

So...you have problems....we should all strive for improvement...and then you give what's a 'big problem' for the US......but nothing about the big problems in Australia. What does Australia struggle with psychologically? What national 'concepts' do you think are your big problems?
    There's quite a few . Being a resource rich country , means that most global mining corporations , plus the Chinese , want a piece of us (as cheap as they can get it). Along with this comes political donations and corruption - a big problem . Australia , in basic terms ( but on a much smaller scale) has suffered much the same as the US , since the Lima Declaration , and the corporate shift to Chinese and Asian manufacturing. Hopefully , that debilitating globalization movement has now died on the vine , and will be no more , starting maybe next year....psychologically , I don't think Australia has so many problems . We certainly aren't under as much pressure as the US . We do have unemployment , and we do have homelessness , which I think is unacceptable (both in Australia and the US and similar democratic countries.) We have too many coal mines. We have serious political interference with managing our water resources . We have the usual lobby groups and think tanks doing their best to influence things (Chinese , US , Jewish , Islamic etc etc) . I could go on and on talking about Australia......I didn't realize that you were at all interested.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-28-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very focused on Australia's domestic issues - far more than I am on yours . We have problems , yes . No country is perfect , and we should all strive for improvement . I think a big problem for the US is that they struggle psychologically with the concept of not being No1 global power at everything .......and the hopeless corporate media doesn't help that - just makes it worse , and confuses people.
    I don't know any American who expects or worries about this.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even that isn't a saving grace for him. He just doesn't know $#@! about the US until he gets told what to think and say.

I had to laugh at his statement about the US is so paranoid of China. Yeah, were so paranoid that when they threaten us not to send our ships into the South China sea. That we just ignore them and send our ships into the area. So paranoid when they tell us not to go by one of their man made islands. That we ignore them and go by the island. So paranoid that when they tell us to stay away from one of their ships. That we ignore them and check out their ship.

PJL certainly talks a lot of $#@!, and as you have noticed. He cant back his play.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-28-2020)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's quite a few . Being a resource rich country , means that most global mining corporations , plus the Chinese , want a piece of us (as cheap as they can get it). Along with this comes political donations and corruption - a big problem . Australia , in basic terms ( but on a much smaller scale) has suffered much the same as the US , since the Lima Declaration , and the corporate shift to Chinese and Asian manufacturing. Hopefully , that debilitating globalization movement has now died on the vine , and will be no more , starting maybe next year....psychologically , I don't think Australia has so many problems . We certainly aren't under as much pressure as the US . We do have unemployment , and we do have homelessness , which I think is unacceptable (both in Australia and the US and similar democratic countries.) We have too many coal mines. We have serious political interference with managing our water resources . We have the usual lobby groups and think tanks doing their best to influence things (Chinese , US , Jewish , Islamic etc etc) . I could go on and on talking about Australia......I didn't realize that you were at all interested.
    I'm not all that interested. I'm asking why you're not...interested...in your own nation. You spend much more time discussing the United States, our shaken foundation of an economy, our wrong moves abroad, our imperialistic nature, our America First fault, our politicians, and culture. And it's tenfold. In fact, that generalization above perhaps the first time you've spoken to Australia. And if you could go on and on talking about Australia, I say by all means go right ahead. It's clear you know very little about American economics, moves abroad, imperialistic nature, America First nature, politicians, or culture, so let's see if you know anything about your own.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not far from the LAC, satellite picks up Chinese armour, artillery

In a serious escalation, China is bringing up armor and towed artillery. That suggests possible offensive operations.

As Delhi and Beijing turn to their working mechanism at the level of diplomats to reduce military tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, there’s evidence of the Chinese having deployed towed artillery and mechanised elements on their side of the LAC opposite the Galwan valley.

Highly placed sources told The Indian Express that a detailed analysis of satellite images has shown extensive deployment of towed artillery and mechanised elements on the Chinese side, bringing Indian deployments within striking distance.

Satellite images also show the presence of at least 16 tanks with a mix of infantry combat vehicles, though camouflaged. Flatbed trucks, excavator machines, dumper trucks too have been identified in the imagery, sources said, adding that these suggest permanent defences are being prepared by the Chinese in the area.

“Bunkers, troops on ground and machine gun emplacements can also be seen which may also show that the Chinese have been anticipating an offensive and have made defensive positions too,” sources said.

“Suitable” counter-deployments, sources said, have also been done on the Indian side of the LAC to neutralise any advantage that the Chinese may accrue due to the deployments they have done in depth.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread