User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Food critic/review tbread.

  1. #1
    Points: 35,227, Level: 45
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,608
    Points
    35,227
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,858
    Thanked 5,203x in 3,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Food critic/review tbread.

    Welcome to my review/critique food and beverage thread!

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Market-St...fl-oz/48009356

    Market Stand Bourbon and Spicy Pickles!
    From zee pickle vineyards to your table zee Market Stand Pickles are a delight!
    A bit spicy with no fruity foo foo aromas. Just a straight up in your face spicy pickle! 2020 was an excellent year and zee month of May was quite zee harvest. Zee pickles are delightful by themselves or may I suggest pairing with a Brown Sugar Ham Sandwich.
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  2. #2
    Points: 5,031, Level: 16
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1484
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,978
    Points
    5,031
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    2,442
    Thanked 1,474x in 968 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The restaurant, and food, that all others should be judged by. While it's location used to add to the ambiance, I hesitate planning a jaunt back to the Pier location. I may have to consider the Sausalito location for my next visit.

    The food, superb. Even if it is not on the menu, special requests are responded to with a 'but of course'. Not 'I'll have to check with the Chef' or some such nonsense.

    Seating is tight (or was) but not impolite. The waiters are very well educated in what they are serving, unfailingly polite, and just looking up in their direction brings them tableside.

    It's been a couple years since I visited, but $100 covered a very nice dinner for 2 with appetizers and dessert, no alcohol. Tip was on top of that, and generous because they earned it.

    https://scomas.com/

    https://scomas.com/
    Treat me with respect, I'll treat you with respect. I don't care what color your skin is, your gender, sexual identity, political lean or position about eating beef. Be a decent human.

  3. #3
    Points: 35,227, Level: 45
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,608
    Points
    35,227
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,858
    Thanked 5,203x in 3,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    The restaurant, and food, that all others should be judged by. While it's location used to add to the ambiance, I hesitate planning a jaunt back to the Pier location. I may have to consider the Sausalito location for my next visit.

    The food, superb. Even if it is not on the menu, special requests are responded to with a 'but of course'. Not 'I'll have to check with the Chef' or some such nonsense.

    Seating is tight (or was) but not impolite. The waiters are very well educated in what they are serving, unfailingly polite, and just looking up in their direction brings them tableside.

    It's been a couple years since I visited, but $100 covered a very nice dinner for 2 with appetizers and dessert, no alcohol. Tip was on top of that, and generous because they earned it.

    https://scomas.com/

    https://scomas.com/
    The seafood place in San Francisco? I hear they also serve a mean Corn Hole Sandwich for gay vegetarians.
    Last edited by Cotton1; 05-28-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  4. #4
    Points: 35,227, Level: 45
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,608
    Points
    35,227
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,858
    Thanked 5,203x in 3,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godiva Dark Chocolate Pudding!

    Easy to make, silky and true to the special delight of Dark Chocolate. So good that your liberal friends will say "you didn't make that"!
    https://www.godiva.com/godiva-chocol...COLATEPUD.html
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  5. #5
    Points: 17,855, Level: 32
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4547
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6,895
    Points
    17,855
    Level
    32
    Thanks Given
    3,649
    Thanked 4,539x in 3,169 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ambiance and a good waitress is more important than the food.

    I am in my prime sitting in the sun with a pound of shrimp and cold beer or some fish tacos at a beach bar.
    In this case the servers are usually, young, beautiful, smiling and actually are working their way through college. And they flirt with me like I am young and handsome, for the much better tip they know they will get.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (05-28-2020)

  7. #6
    Points: 35,227, Level: 45
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,608
    Points
    35,227
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,858
    Thanked 5,203x in 3,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Ambiance and a good waitress is more important than the food.

    I am in my prime sitting in the sun with a pound of shrimp and cold beer or some fish tacos at a beach bar.
    In this case the servers are usually, young, beautiful, smiling and actually are working their way through college. And they flirt with me like I am young and handsome, for the much better tip they know they will get.
    I like it when someone says "that waitress is only flirting and hanging all over you for a big tip".
    I'm like "hell to the yes, count me in"!
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    carolina73 (05-28-2020)

  9. #7
    Points: 5,031, Level: 16
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1484
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,978
    Points
    5,031
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    2,442
    Thanked 1,474x in 968 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    The seafood place in San Francisco? I hear they also serve a mean Corn Hole Sandwich for gay vegetarians.
    I give you an honest critique, and you respond thus? Disappointing, Cotton....
    Treat me with respect, I'll treat you with respect. I don't care what color your skin is, your gender, sexual identity, political lean or position about eating beef. Be a decent human.

  10. #8
    Points: 35,227, Level: 45
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5210
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,608
    Points
    35,227
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,858
    Thanked 5,203x in 3,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    I give you an honest critique, and you respond thus? Disappointing, Cotton....
    I actually enjoyed your critique and appreciate it. I don't enjoy you jumping on a pedestal thinking you have a right to try to insult me. "Dissapointing", Collateral...
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  11. #9
    Points: 5,031, Level: 16
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1484
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,978
    Points
    5,031
    Level
    16
    Thanks Given
    2,442
    Thanked 1,474x in 968 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I actually enjoyed your critique and appreciate it. I don't enjoy you jumping on a pedestal thinking you have a right to try to insult me. "Dissapointing", Collateral...
    Pedestal? Don't know where you see that. I didn't insult you, or try to. I stated my reaction to your dismissal of what you requested in the OP....
    Treat me with respect, I'll treat you with respect. I don't care what color your skin is, your gender, sexual identity, political lean or position about eating beef. Be a decent human.

  12. #10
    Points: 17,855, Level: 32
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4547
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6,895
    Points
    17,855
    Level
    32
    Thanks Given
    3,649
    Thanked 4,539x in 3,169 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I like it when someone says "that waitress is only flirting and hanging all over you for a big tip".
    I'm like "hell to the yes, count me in"!
    Oh, should I stand up? Is my neckline too low? LOL

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (05-28-2020)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO