User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minneapolis police release 911 transcript that started George Floyd arrest

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,645x in 56,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    The truth is there are many policemen who shouldn't be police as they do not have the character or compassion of a normal.....
    There are some, but not many as you claim.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    Occupy Democrats

May 27 at 11:51 PM ·

This is not the first time Chauvin has been involved in a violent incident during his 19 years in the Minneapolis Police Department. He has been involved in violent incidents before, including three police shootings -- and he has been the subject of 10 different complaints filed to the city's Civilian Review Authority and the Office of Police Conduct.

Facebook
    Ten complaints in 19 years? That's not many especially considering that some of them or maybe even most were frivolous.

I suspect that after19 years this man became jaded and allowed this to overide the standards he was trained and sworn to uphold. There's no excuse for that and he should suffer the consequences and this should make others think twice before doing something they know is stupid.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    To me it looks like murder. Obviously, I don't know the entire situation, but from the videos and now the transcript, I think there's a case to be made for murder.

The other three?

Accessories to murder?
    I don't believe murder is he proper charge. There is an appropriate homicide charge short of murder.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-29-2020)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    pragmatic's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,755x in 1,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    This is even worse than I thought, it states right in the press release that Floyd was already subdued and cuffed before Chauvin the cop placed his knee on this neck.

All 4 cops were fired, thats not enough Chauvin should be Indicted.

I said in another thread that a knee place on someones neck is a tool to control someone out of control, spitting or trying to bite you or both. There is some truth in where the head goes the rest of the body does. However, you never put so much pressure to cut off an airway and as soon as the person is cuffed and controlled you release it.
    The video clearly shows that Floyd was under control, NOT resisting and telling them he couldnt breathe...thats frigging unconscionable to me.

Minneapolis police have released the transcript of the 911 call that began with a report of someone, later determined to be George Floyd, using a counterfeit bill to buy cigarettes – and ended with his death while in police custody.
    A clerk at Cup Foods called 911 at 8:01 p.m. and gave the address of the store, 3759 Chicago Ave., according to the Star Tribune.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/minn-p...loyd-incident/
    Charges are 3rd degree murder and manslaughter. Confusing to me...not sure how it can be both. Seems like it should be one or the other.

Personal guess is that manslaughter will be the focus. Coroner's report is not complete but there is a fair possibility that Floyd did not suffocate under Chauvin's knee. More likely his carotid artery was being compressed and Chauvin had no idea it was happening. Ignorant and completely negligent on the part of the cop...but without direct intent to cause the harm that i believe murder would require.

Manslaughter would be appropriate.

Fired Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has been arrested four days after George Floyd’s fatal arrest that sparked protests, rioting and outcry across the city and nation, and Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced he has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...olice-officer/

Volvo

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,437
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cancan, there is a very thin line between a cop and a criminal. The very traits it takes to be a criminal are the same traits it takes to be a cop. The only difference is what side of the line you choose to travel. I accept your point there are many policeman who shouldn't be police for I believe that to be true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    The truth is there are many policemen who shouldn't be police as they do not have the character or compassion of a normal human being. Anyone who has dealt with them knows that. They give good, honest policemen a bad name, but because they are part of the force, little can be done to remove them. This cop had lots of complaints and should have been confined to a desk or fired. The people who allowed his presence were responsible for this death too as they knew who he was.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

+ Reply to Thread