Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy

George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mbined-health/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

pragmatic (05-30-2020)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought he was asphyxiated, but cutting off the circulation by compressing someone's carotid artery will eventually kill them. It's like choking them out and not stopping.

One way or the other, he would not have died that day had the officer not knelt on his neck for so long. And, he did it in such a $#@!y manner as bystanders begged him to stop. I really thought he should have been charged with more than just Murder 3.

Officers like that give all officers a bad name, that's not fair to the vast majority of good officers out there -- like my family members who are in law enforcement.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Adelaide (06-01-2020),countryboy (05-30-2020),Private Pickle (05-30-2020),The Xl (05-30-2020),William (05-30-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I never thought he was asphyxiated, but cutting off the circulation by compressing someone's carotid artery will eventually kill them. It's like choking them out and not stopping.

One way or the other, he would not have died that day had the officer not knelt on his neck for so long. And, he did it in such a $#@!y manner as bystanders begged him to stop. I really thought he should have been charged with more than just Murder 3.

Officers like that give all officers a bad name, that's not fair to the vast majority of good officers out there -- like my family members who are in law enforcement.
    Really you dont know much about the law considering murder do you.3 rd degree murder has a chance of being proven murder 1 or 2 would be impossible. However there are some Federal statutes that might be used that could result in up to the death penalty of course that will be up to the feds to do not the local proscutor.
    Your knowledge of the law and obviously very limited perhaps you need to research it a bit so you know what you're talkin about

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prosecution team need to get all of its ducks in a row and what it is talking about.
    Or the cop could walk . resulting in more riots more burning more looting and more deaths .
    As I said above there are some Federal statutes that can be used will they , I have no clue.
    One thing is certain there will be hundreds if not thousands of people guilty of destruction of property arson looting and attempted murder never be charged and never face justice .

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
    Really you dont know much about the law considering murder do you.3 rd degree murder has a chance of being proven murder 1 or 2 would be impossible. However there are some Federal statutes that might be used that could result in up to the death penalty of course that will be up to the feds to do not the local proscutor.
    Your knowledge of the law and obviously very limited perhaps you need to research it a bit so you know what you're talkin about
    If you look at what I wrote, you'll see that I said "I really thought he should have been charged with more than just Murder 3." That means I was expressing my opinion -- not a legal opinion. I don't claim to know the ins and outs of charges, I just felt it was a worse crime. What statute are you talking about that could give him the death penalty? That sounds excessive.

I have no use for bad cops, because as I said, they harm the reputation of good cops.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Ransom (05-30-2020)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    usaf81's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 646x in 425 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he wouldn't be dead if he , an ex-con, wasn't passing phony money and then resisting. This adds a new twist to the story. Then again he wouldn't have gone to the joint in Texas if he didn't home invade with a gun, robbing the place while pointing the gun at the home owners "womans" gut. I didn't doubt he was high at the time too. Funny but TX. released his criminal History but MN. didn't. I was going to point all this out but looters and anarchists were still grieving and I didnt want a Molotov thru my window. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Texas.html

Doesn't excuse the excessive force tho but it does have implications for the trial. You just cant kneel on a guys neck regardless if you killed him or not, and he probably died from the struggle of resisting. Well saddle up for another few rounds, at this point it doesn't matter if it rains in MN. tonight 'cause its country wide.

If he didn't kill him then he should walk....right? At least for manslaughter? Or maybe a Lynching to quell the mourners running with flat screens? They could still charge him with something else however, his actions were reckless whether he killed him or not.
    Last edited by usaf81; 05-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    pragmatic's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,755x in 1,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point there are a lot of details that we don't know. Be good for all of us to try to keep an open mind for the moment.

The full autopsy report still needs to come out. We also need to hear statements from the officers who were restraining Floyd on the ground. Not suggesting they are going to provide some exculpatory justification....but there are multiple sides to every story.

Currently we all tend to be frozen on that snapshot frame of Chauvin's knee on Floyd's neck. At least that has been the image dominating my mind.

Volvo

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pragmatic For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-30-2020),TheInternet (06-01-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usaf81 View Post
    Well he wouldn't be dead if he , an ex-con, wasn't passing phony money and then resisting. This adds a new twist to the story. Then again he wouldn't have gone to the joint in Texas if he didn't home invade with a gun, robbing the place while pointing the gun at the home owners "womans" gut. I didn't doubt he was high at the time too. Funny but TX. released his criminal History but MN. didn't. I was going to point all this out but looters and anarchists were still grieving and I didnt want a Molotov thru my window. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Texas.html

Doesn't excuse the excessive force tho but it does have implications for the trial. You just cant kneel on a guys neck regardless if you killed him or not, and he probably died from the struggle of resisting. Well saddle up for another few rounds, at this point it doesn't matter if it rains in MN. tonight 'cause its country wide.

If he didn't kill him then he should walk....right? At least for manslaughter? Or maybe a Lynching to quell the mourners running with flat screens? They could still charge him with something else however, his actions were reckless whether he killed him or not.
    A shop owner called about counterfeit money. You have no way of knowing right now if Floyd was the one who tried to pay with that money. Is there video of him passing the counterfeit bills? If so, does it and CAN it prove that the exact bill the shop owner called about was the one that Floyd used? Seems a case for reasonable doubt , but of course we'll never get the chance to explore what he possibly would have been tried for. Furthermore, you have no knowledge if Floyd even knew it was counterfeit, where he may have gotten it and we'll never know.

Two, multiple videos from different angles show that he was NOT resisting. Not that resisting gives any right for cops to kill him, but that seems to be the mindset of cops and former cops and has been the mindset for a long time now.
    You are wrong about police.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-30-2020)

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,825x in 13,706 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cop will very likely get his just desserts in prison.

I've heard a few LEO's express the same sentiment, and I wholeheartedly agree with it. What this cop did to his fellow officers is despicable beyond measure.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

15. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-30-2020)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    pragmatic's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,755x in 1,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    A shop owner called about counterfeit money. You have no way of knowing right now if Floyd was the one who tried to pay with that money. Is there video of him passing the counterfeit bills? If so, does it and CAN it prove that the exact bill the shop owner called about was the one that Floyd used? Seems a case for reasonable doubt , but of course we'll never get the chance to explore what he possibly would have been tried for. Furthermore, you have no knowledge if Floyd even knew it was counterfeit, where he may have gotten it and we'll never know.

Two, multiple videos from different angles show that he was NOT resisting. Not that resisting gives any right for cops to kill him, but that seems to be the mindset of cops and former cops and has been the mindset for a long time now.
    It is puzzling.

In sequence: Floyd had been removed from his car. Handcuffed. Sat down leaning against a wall for several minutes. Then walked across the street to a police cruiser for transportation. The next shot we see is Floyd on the ground with several different police officers restraining him

Do you have any speculation what triggered those cops to force Floyd to the ground?? I have no idea. But it is a question that sort of hasn't gotten much attention.

Last edited by pragmatic; 05-30-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Volvo

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pragmatic For This Useful Post:

Helena (05-30-2020),Private Pickle (05-30-2020)

+ Reply to Thread