Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    It is unfortunate they went out of production in 1985. Every once in a while, one will show up on one of the auction sites, but as a general rule, people who have them don't let them go. The GP100 (the model that replaced it) is also an excellent gun, but you would never get me to swap my Security Six for one.

There are a lot of good choices for someone looking for a new production revolver. The GP100, any of the Smiths, one that is often overlooked is Taurus. I really like their Tracker series. My 4" .44 Magnum is a Tracker. The Ribber Grips that come stock on them are probably the most comfortable recoil absorbing grips I have ever used. There is one more revolver I will probably get and that is a 3" Taurus 692.

Of course, the Gold Standard for revolvers is the Colt Python. Colt just brought them back into production. I have not shot one of the new ones yet, but the originals had actions that were smooth as glass.

Thanks for the offer of the Hogues. I have always liked their grips and have them on just about all my handguns except my Glocks and that .44 Tracker. I do have one 1911 with Pachmayr grips. That is a 70 series Colt Commander
    I can see the Colt Python's price reflects its gold standard status.

I'm looking around for used Security Sixes at the moment.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    All-purpose.

Theoretically, if I were to get an AR platform, it would be the Bushmaster XM-15. Unfortunately, I would have lost it during a boating accident.
    I loved my Colt Python, 4" barrel. Whatever you choose, train, train, train.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (05-31-2020),Peter1469 (06-01-2020)

+ Reply to Thread