Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 73x in 64 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Got It All Wrong About God And Homosexuality

I am amazed by the number of so called christians who are also bigots and condemn everything to hell

Yes the bible has numerous passages condemning homosexual relations and considers it an abomination but the bible further states that homosexualism is an "affliction" and that the afflicted may pray and ask god to free them of the bondage of affliction and ask forgiveness and that through the blood of christ all who beleive in him shall receive salvation

Modern psychiatric research has made the case that homosexulaty is a mental defect and science might have proved that some are genetically predisposed to homosexualism

In closing only god may judge but as a christian it is your job to bring people to christ and those afflicted with homosexual disease are no different

Hatred and bigotry only serves to intimidate and drive away the afflicted wheras instead we should show compassion and welcome the afflicted in hopes that god may work through us to free them of the bondage of that affliction and bring them to christ

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,308x in 14,528 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can agree with the most of the staement above. We shoudl hate the sin and love the sinner.

this however does not mean that we have to condone it and allow for gay marrage in our churches! It means that they should be welcome to attend and hear that their chosen lifestyle is not approved by god and what god has told up about it!

This is not to be done with hate or mnalace but with love and understanding!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 477x in 410 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa's Little Helper View Post
    I am amazed by the number of so called christians who are also bigots and condemn everything to hell

Yes the bible has numerous passages condemning homosexual relations and considers it an abomination but the bible further states that homosexualism is an "affliction" and that the afflicted may pray and ask god to free them of the bondage of affliction and ask forgiveness and that through the blood of christ all who beleive in him shall receive salvation

Modern psychiatric research has made the case that homosexulaty is a mental defect and science might have proved that some are genetically predisposed to homosexualism

In closing only god may judge but as a christian it is your job to bring people to christ and those afflicted with homosexual disease are no different

Hatred and bigotry only serves to intimidate and drive away the afflicted wheras instead we should show compassion and welcome the afflicted in hopes that god may work through us to free them of the bondage of that affliction and bring them to christ

It did not bother God enough to warrant a commandment, so, it is not my place to judge.

Disease, perversion, genetic fluke, who cares?

It exists and nothing I could say could stop it or discourage it.

I say let them "marry", and then, please, just STFU about it already.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenridgeman For This Useful Post:

nic34 (04-16-2013),spunkloaf (04-16-2013)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    I can agree with the most of the staement above. We shoudl hate the sin and love the sinner.

this however does not mean that we have to condone it and allow for gay marrage in our churches! It means that they should be welcome to attend and hear that their chosen lifestyle is not approved by god and what god has told up about it!

This is not to be done with hate or mnalace but with love and understanding!

What the church allows, and what the state allows, are two different things.

Times have changed.

We need government to administer civil unions which deal with civil matters, unions could be from a year, to as long as it takes to raise kids, or, for life, depending upon those in the union.

Marriage could be defined by Churches.

If gays want to be married in a Southern Baptist Church, they are going to have problems, but, could go to the Unitarians.

Nobody should force a church to perform or accept a marriage of any kind, outside of its teachings.

So we need two intitutions, civil contracts for partnerships, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, number of partners or any other consideration.

There, the legalities of unions would be written and recorded as contracts.

We need marriage for those who want a spiritual blessing from whoever they seek that blessing from.

And there is no reason a couple, or a cluster for that matter, could not do both, if a church will have them.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    TheDictator's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa's Little Helper View Post

I love it when non-christians tell Christians how to be Christian. That is like a white man telling a black man how to act like a black man. The white men at MSMBC do it all the time. It is all ways funny.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDictator For This Useful Post:

Kabuki Joe (07-06-2013)

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Santa's Little Helper's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 73x in 64 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDictator View Post
    I love it when non-christians tell Christians how to be Christian. That is like a white man telling a black man how to act like a black man. The white men at MSMBC do it all the time. It is all ways funny.
    I also love it when so called Christian's manipulate the scripture and twist words around to achieve Biblical support of their own hatred and bigotry while blindly forgetting Jesus teachings or the fact that only GOD can pass judgement

Thou shalt not judge lest he be judged himself

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the way the women on PMSNBC tell the men how to act like women; it is always funny, and the men try so hard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenridgeman For This Useful Post:

Kabuki Joe (07-06-2013)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're not Christian if you practice what you're preaching in here. I don't know what to call it, but it certainly isn't God's word you're pushing, and it's not Christ's example you're following. As a recovering Catholic, I understand exactly what it means to be a Christian. So my words do hold weight upon you.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nic34's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,703x in 2,808 Posts
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way the women on PMSNBC tell the men how to act like women; it is always funny, and the men try so hard.
    Oh, like maybe Joe should just shut up once in a while and let Mika finish talking ....?
    Last edited by nic34; 04-16-2013 at 09:49 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nic34 For This Useful Post:

jillian (04-16-2013)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    You're not Christian if you practice what you're preaching in here. I don't know what to call it, but it certainly isn't God's word you're pushing, and it's not Christ's example you're following. As a recovering Catholic, I understand exactly what it means to be a Christian. So my words do hold weight upon you.
    I often hear that term. What exactly are you recovering from?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread