Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgold44 View Post
    Oprah is the richest black women in history and she still plays the victim card
    She must have billions !! Lol

She gave a speech on white racism and supremacy; yet , she lives like the “ queen of England “

Are you that stupid you leftist ??
    Who are you talking to? Me? Probably to the OP, but just in case, if me, one, I said nothing about Oprah, except to say that in her case, I wasn't disputing the idea of a not-so-high IQ, and obesity might be right. Two, I'm not a leftist. To say that Michelle Obama is not obese and she is probably very intelligent has nothing to do with being a leftist. I'm just looking at the facts. I don't personally attack people on their looks and smarts solely based on ideology.
    Last edited by CenterField; 06-07-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CenterField View Post
    OK, that's better, and way better than the member who said that her IQ combined with Oprah's would be 120, because in your revised estimate, now her IQ alone accounts for that range. But still, what is your basis to estimate her IQ at only high average? I did show my basis to estimate hers at gifted or very advanced.
    I base it on what I hear her say, how she says it, what she writes, and how she writes. And it isn't a put down. Her IQ is more than enough to succeed.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are you talking to? Me?
    delete
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I base it on what I hear her say, how she says it, what she writes, and how she writes. And it isn't a put down. Her IQ is more than enough to succeed.
    Well, in that case you're looking at her "verbal" IQ, one of the two components. There is also a "perfomance" IQ for non-verbal tasks. She could be very high in one and not the other, as is the case with many highly intelligent individuals.

In any case, I never thought that her use of the language denoted any limitation in verbal IQ. I think she is very articulate.

Anyway, short of seeing her results done in standardized manner with standardized tests and professionally scored, we will never know. You put it at high average, I put her at gifted. Both are guesses, yours and mine alike.

I just thing that high average individuals don't usually place second in a student body only made of gifted individuals.

It makes little sense, right?

She gets into a high school that is only for gifted individuals... She outperforms ALL of them except one single person... and she is not gifted? How would you explain that?
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CenterField For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-08-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in that case you're looking at her "verbal" IQ, one of the two components. There is also a "perfomance" IQ for non-verbal tasks. She could be very high in one and not the other, as is the case with many highly intelligent individuals.

In any case, I never thought that her use of the language denoted any limitation in verbal IQ. I think she is very articulate.

Anyway, short of seeing her results done in standardized manner with standardized tests and professionally scored, we will never know. You put it at high average, I put her at gifted. Both are guesses, yours and mine alike.

I just thing that high average individuals don't usually place second in a student body only made of gifted individuals.

It makes little sense, right?

She gets into a high school that is only for gifted individuals... She outperforms ALL of them except one single person... and she is not gifted? How would you explain that?
    A high average with a strong work ethic will outperform a gifted person without a strong work ethic all the time. That was me in HS. The Army straighten me out.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    A high average with a strong work ethic will outperform a gifted person without a strong work ethic all the time. That was me in HS. The Army straighten me out.
    Yes, sure, but statistically, it doesn't hold water. Are you suggesting that the whole student body of this Chicago magnet high school for the gifted, was made of individuals with low work ethic, except for Michelle and the sole student who placed ahead of her? It's statistically unlikely.

Say, 400 high school students in a school for the gifted... likely coming from families driven enough to enroll them there and get them there every morning (at the time it was the only such school in the whole Chicago metropolitan area - a 3-hour commute from Michelle's home)... but only Michelle and the valecditorian had work ethic? Not likely.

The bottom line is that Michelle outperformed a whole student body made of gifted students... which makes it overwhelmingly likely that she is gifted too.

Anyway, as usual, nice talking with you; I have to go now, see you later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CenterField For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-08-2020)

+ Reply to Thread