Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,551x in 94,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply Chain Realignment to Reshape Global Investment Landscape

A good article for investors. As the US frees up what use to go to or come from China, nations will be looking into getting a piece of the action. Also look at Chinese actions for investment possibilities.

The deteriorating relationship between China and the United States will have profound impacts on the global markets. Nationalism was already on the rise on both sides of the Pacific when the COVID-19 crisis exposed vulnerabilities to the global supply chain. As global trade reorients, certain countries will prove to be better aligned to capture relocating U.S. manufacturing. Investors should watch closely for the forerunning signals of which countries will benefit.
    The global economic shock of COVID-19 has prompted commensurate fiscal and monetary responses from governments and central banks. For investors in global securities markets, recovery in growth and employment are the key variables to watch.

In the near term, growth will face the headwinds of continued shutdown risks and increased consumer savings (thus depressed consumer spending).

Over the long term, a robust recovery will be challenged by a sea change in supply and demand factors. National security concerns in the U.S. will drive production back to America and introduce it in other Western Hemisphere countries. Consumer behavior will shift as new technologies continue to disrupt old business models and practices. And the burden of increased debt will dampen future consumption. It is too early to say how these issues will play out, but investors should pay attention for signs of the winners and losers in the post-COVID recovery.

Chinese infrastructure investment is expected to pick up substantially this year. The focus of this investment will target both the old economy of transportation, pipelines and upgrades to residential buildings as well as new-economy projects. The latter, which are likely to be more durable in my opinion, include 5G applications, next-generation information networks and electric-vehicle infrastructure.

The formation of a new geopolitical landscape, however, will counterbalance the drivers of growth in Asia. Under its newly re-elected president, Taiwan has embarked on a more hawkish stance to mainland China. In response, Beijing will likely increase pressure on Taiwan’s economy. It will be important to see how Taiwan develops supply chains with the Western world.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (06-03-2020)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depending on ones risk tolerance and objectives I believe this to be a good opportunity to up the allocations into emerging markets.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-03-2020)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

A good article for investors. As the US frees up what use to go to or come from China, nations will be looking into getting a piece of the action. Also look at Chinese actions for investment possibilities.
    It is Americas right to realign their economy in their own national interest . It is also every other countries right to align their own economies according to their own national interest . Reshaping the global investment landscape to suit the US national interest , won't happen , unless it runs concurrent with the interests of all other countries that make up the global investment landscape ......https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-...id-19/12307646 ......."A group of prominent economists, politicians and leaders, including a senior Australian public servant, are calling on the Federal Government to formally work with Asia to bring the global economy back from the "savage impact" of COVID-19.In a report released today, the group urged Australia and Asian neighbours including China, India, Japan and other ASEAN countries , to coordinate financial, trade, public health and food security policies after the pandemic."The numbers are clear — our economy is so fundamentally built on Asia. We have to shift our focus a bit, particularly now that they're recovering so much quicker," said Adam Triggs, a co-author of the plan and director of research at the Australian National University's (ANU) Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
    Last edited by PJL; 06-04-2020 at 02:00 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody said this global investment realignment is to suit US interests. This is an investment article, not a geopolitical article.

If you notice what I said- I included looking for investment opportunities also based on China's coming new trade arraignments.

The OP is about making money off investments. It has nothing to do with politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    It is Americas right to realign their economy in their own national interest . It is also every other countries right to align their own economies according to their own national interest . Reshaping the global investment landscape to suit the US national interest , won't happen , unless it runs concurrent with the interests of all other countries that make up the global investment landscape ......https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-...id-19/12307646 ......."A group of prominent economists, politicians and leaders, including a senior Australian public servant, are calling on the Federal Government to formally work with Asia to bring the global economy back from the "savage impact" of COVID-19.In a report released today, the group urged Australia and Asian neighbours including China, India, Japan and other ASEAN countries , to coordinate financial, trade, public health and food security policies after the pandemic."The numbers are clear — our economy is so fundamentally built on Asia. We have to shift our focus a bit, particularly now that they're recovering so much quicker," said Adam Triggs, a co-author of the plan and director of research at the Australian National University's (ANU) Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well some supply chains are moving. I ordered some sleep shorts to replace my old ones which were made in Chi-na. The new ones are made in India.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Well some supply chains are moving. I ordered some sleep shorts to replace my old ones which were made in Chi-na. The new ones are made in India.
    I have found that Inidan textile products are superior to most Chinese stuff .

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    I have found that Inidan textile products are superior to most Chinese stuff .
    They seem nice. I will see how they hold up over the long run. My chinese ones are fraying.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread