User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard & Firm lessons I have learned in life...

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard & Firm lessons I have learned in life...

Hard and Firm Lessons I Have Learned In Life

In my 64 years of living, loving, traveling, laughing and crying, I have learned these lessons I would like to share with all who would like to know. I have been married twice, served our military, taught college, and traveled extensively. Take heed of them if you would like to enjoy the pleasures and avoid the pitfalls I have already experienced.

PEOPLE

1 If you help someone out when they are down and out, they will come back to bug you again the next time they are down and out. You can use this to your advantage if you want them to avoid you thinking you will ask for your money back. Always say it is a loan. I “loaned” a local small town drunk $20 one day and he always avoided me ever since then. Money well spent.

2. Once someone is down and out few raise themselves back up again, but instead wallow in their self-pity and subsist on government programs. It is too much work for them to get up and get back to work.

3. A person’s eyes will tell you everything. Their eyes and their aura you feel will tell you more about them than their well-crafted excuses. Trust your instincts. They are almost never wrong.
    4. If you make things easy for people, they will come to expect it.

5. Sacrificial love does not mean you sleeping under a bridge while your drug addict adult kid gets to get high on the money you gave them.

6. There is one thing stronger than the love a mother has for her children,
    it is the love a drug addict has for their dope. I knew a mother who hocked her kids Christmas presents right out from under the tree to buy her dope.

7. A drug addict will steal something from you then help you look for it.

8. Be leery of those who quote scripture in business dealings.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INTERNET

1. Most people you “meet” on the internet, you most likely will never meet in reality. This is normally due to distance, but more so due to the fact people now do not really care to meet others or to get to know them. Most prefer their isolation as a lifestyle.

2. Some people on the internet will never meet you because their entire world is internet based and they want nothing to do with reality. It is a waste of your time to try and bring them out of their cave.

3. There is usually a very good reason no one will share any truthful information about themselves on the internet. It is because for some, everything they say over the intent about themselves is a complete lie.

4. Never have any financial dealings with anyone outside your own home country. No laws protect you if they steal from you. Stay within your own boarders. There are honorable exceptions, but they are not the rule.

5. In dating, never have a date for your first meeting. I have had women tell me they have never cooked a meal for themselves in months. It is because they always make a date with some guy over dinner. You will be buying all the single women in your area dinner forever.

6. In dating, it is better to have your first meeting for a light beverage to see if you actually want to go on a date with them again. It is better to waste money on a cup of coffee than an entire dinner with someone you will never see again.

7. Most pole dancers are closet lesbians and do not like men at all, and laugh to themselves at how much money men spend on them for the promise of sex. They will keep on promising as long as the money keeps flowing. In the days of sail, sailors called them “flash girls”. On the internet, this practice is called “catfishing”. Don’t send money to strangers. Pictures are stolen by the thousands by them to use for this purpose.

8. Use voice verification to ensure the person you have been emailing and texting is really who they say they are. Hear their voice and ask a question about something you have previously mentioned in emails and texts. Some catfishers have a female standing by, but if you ask for details about previous discussions they will fail.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MONEY

1. Save at least $10 each paycheck to start a lifetime habit. You will be surprised how quickly it will add up.

2. Save and hide each and every $10 bill you get. You do not see them much anymore, and keep the bills hidden away and do not count them. I once had $720 saved up by December one year by doing this.

3. If your partner does not believe in saving money, you are destined to be broke forever. Find someone else now.

4. Do not buy stuff on-line in the middle of the night. On-line shopping is like electronic crack. It will make you puke when you go back and look at how much money you had spent.

5. On-line shopping is a good thing when you agree to purchases and it does not impact your budget. It is very nice to have an item you need arrive in a few short days at your doorstep. Just be careful. It is great for finding items not sold in your area. I got my favorite chunky applesauce, boysenberry syrup, and car parts on-line.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (06-08-2020)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    Hard and Firm Lessons I Have Learned In Life

In my 64 years of living, loving, traveling, laughing and crying, I have learned these lessons I would like to share with all who would like to know. I have been married twice, served our military, taught college, and traveled extensively. Take heed of them if you would like to enjoy the pleasures and avoid the pitfalls I have already experienced.

PEOPLE

1 If you help someone out when they are down and out, they will come back to bug you again the next time they are down and out. You can use this to your advantage if you want them to avoid you thinking you will ask for your money back. Always say it is a loan. I “loaned” a local small town drunk $20 one day and he always avoided me ever since then. Money well spent.
    I know my sister in law would agree. She used to make it her personal goal to provide turkey's at Thanksgiving to some of the poorest families in town. One year, her husband had been sick and a number of other things kept her from passing out turkeys, and one young man showed up on her doorstep -- demanding to know where his turkey waw.
    2. Once someone is down and out few raise themselves back up again, but instead wallow in their self-pity and subsist on government programs. It is too much work for them to get up and get back to work.
    There is certainly a segment of society that fits this definition. They are jealous of those who have more and they don't even want to try. Sadly, this segment appears to be growing in size.

3. A person’s eyes will tell you everything. Their eyes and their aura you feel will tell you more about them than their well-crafted excuses. Trust your instincts. They are almost never wrong.
    I agree. I consider myself very good at reading people.
    4. If you make things easy for people, they will come to expect it.
    Yes, similar to #1.
    5. Sacrificial love does not mean you sleeping under a bridge while your drug addict adult kid gets to get high on the money you gave them.
    Too many well-meaning but weak parents do this, and it doesn't help the child in the long run.

6. There is one thing stronger than the love a mother has for her children,
    it is the love a drug addict has for their dope. I knew a mother who hocked her kids Christmas presents right out from under the tree to buy her dope.

7. A drug addict will steal something from you then help you look for it.
    I've not known or closely associated with drug addicts, so I can't comment on this one, but it sounds feasible.
    8. Be leery of those who quote scripture in business dealings.
    Yuppers!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    POLITICS

1. Voting your choice is exercising your freedom in this great country. Do not cuss and revile someone because they did not vote the way you did. Cuss and revile the candidate all day long, but do not cuss and revile them. It was their right to vote their choice. Not everyone thinks the way you do. If you hate them for not thinking like you do, then you are an enemy of the people and an enemy of democracy.

2. All politicians will lie to you. All of them will. You can only judge them for what they do and not for their flowery speeches that tell you what they think you want to hear.

3. Be forgiving once a person is elected president. Once they are in office, they are privy to some mind-blowing information they did not get while on campaign. This new information may change their stance. Jimmy Carter said he would make all UFO information public knowledge once if he got elected president. Once he got to see the real stuff out there, he said NO WAY he would make that stuff public! If nothing else, this should tell you they are real.

4. Loyal Americans are those who stand for the anthem, respect the flag, and leave statue removal to those who put them up. Anarchists are in the mobs who want to tear them down.

5. Loyal Americans are also those who respect and allow those who disagree to protest, carry signs, and scream and cuss to their heart’s content. This is all our right. It means freedom is alive and well.

6. Hitler and the Nazis died out long ago. We helped kill them. Quit putting that label on those who merely disagree with you or say something you do not like. Hitler and the real Nazis are long gone. Quit resurrecting them in your speech. It means you have no sense of history or what the real Nazis were like.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 06-08-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RELATIONSHIPS

1. A good woman in your life makes all the difference in a happy life and being completely miserable. A good woman in your life is a gift from heaven, and should so be honored.

2. A bad woman in your life is worse than no woman at all. A bad woman takes away. No woman in your life has a net gain of zero. It is better to be alone than to be with a bad person.

3. Good sex does not make a good relationship. A good relationship includes good sex, but it is only a part of it.

4. Do not mistake good sex with love. It is just good sex and enjoy it. Love is when you are feeling bad and she feels it and squeezes your hand from across the table. That is loving intimacy.

5. The beauty of a woman does not translate over to how good she is in bed. I had an encounter with an Ex Cleveland Browns cheerleader who was gorgeous, but she was the absolutely worst lay of my life.

6. Sex is intimate, but true intimacy is knowing how she is feeling from across the room and without her saying one thing to you. You just know and can empathize with her. This is true intimacy.

7. Keep her laughing and bring her small tokens of your love for her. On your next walk bring her back a few wildflowers. When you go to the store, bring her back a bouquet just because. Write her a silly poem.

8. Massages should not lead to sex. Giving her a wonderful massage should leave her relaxed, happy and limp. You should give her one because you want her to be happy, relaxed and limp, and for no other reason.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,717x in 16,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You learn much more about or from a person by what they don't say as opposed to what they do say. Silence is golden in more ways than one
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (06-08-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post

You learn much more about or from a person by what they don't say as opposed to what they do say. Silence is golden in more ways than one
    Goes double for TV commercials and politicians.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,662x in 1,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post

Agreed! "STF up woman, go grab me a beer and make me a Dagwood sammich!"

Then mop the floor! jes kiddin

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (06-08-2020)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,717x in 16,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
    Agreed! "STF up woman, go grab me a beer and make me a Dagwood sammich!"

Then mop the floor! jes kiddin
    Women are soooo sensitive. They take it as some kind of an insult when you buy them a new mop and broom for Christmas!
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

+ Reply to Thread