Thanks Given
    Thanked 753x in 416 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TEXAS -- legal question about COVID19 protection

Hello:

From my research, I've found that owning a taser in Texas is not illegal and you don't have to be certified to have one.
    But you do need "legal grounds" to use it. There are no defining answers on what legal grounds consist of though.

And as far as I am able to find out, someone with COVID19 purposely "raping your personal space" and acting in threatening manner is considered an act of potential terrorism.

My question is.....

If I'm in public and someone purposely walks up next to me without a mask, or even touches me, am I protecting myself against a potential threat if I use my taser on them??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chaidragonfire For This Useful Post:

Perianne (06-17-2020)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaidragonfire View Post
    Hello:

From my research, I've found that owning a taser in Texas is not illegal and you don't have to be certified to have one.
    But you do need "legal grounds" to use it. There are no defining answers on what legal grounds consist of though.

And as far as I am able to find out, someone with COVID19 purposely "raping your personal space" and acting in threatening manner is considered an act of potential terrorism.

My question is.....

If I'm in public and someone purposely walks up next to me without a mask, or even touches me, am I protecting myself against a potential threat if I use my taser on them??
    Doubtful.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,554
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,149x in 28,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does give a Texan a reason to shoot you and he is probably not using armed with a taser.
    Now if he comes up to your car window or onto your land, then you could try to argue that his breath was a threat. Since the odds of it being lethal for you in most cases would be ridiculously low and you did not warn him that you had a heart condition or diabetes; then...the odds are that you are the one that will probably end up in legal trouble or the ER.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,645
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,791x in 3,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello:

My question is.....

I assume you are being funny?
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,555x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello:

My question is.....

First, welcome to the forum.

I am a member of the Texas bar, although I have not practiced criminal law in Texas. I have elsewhere.

Self defense is OK if it is reasonable based on a reasonable man standard and if it is proportionate to the threat. So unless the person is physically harming you or threatening harm, tasing them isn't self defense.

And if you told the responding cops that the dude was raping your personal space and you thought he was a potential terrorist you would be charged with assault for tasing the dude and the judge would likely ask for a mental health evaluation before trial.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 06-18-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    chaidragonfire's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 753x in 416 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    First, welcome to the forum.

I am a member of the Texas bar, although I have not practiced criminal law in Texas. I have elsewhere.

Self defense is OK if it is reasonable based on a reasonable man standard and if it is proportionate to the threat. So unless the person is physically harming you or threatening harm, tasing them isn't self defense.

And if you told the responding cops that the dude was raping your personal space and you thought he was a potential terrorist you would be charged with assault for tasing the dude and the judge would likely ask for a mental health evaluation before trial.
    Thanks for the feedback. So, from what I'm seeing in the news and from what I'm being told in legal forums, I'm surmising *I* HAVE to obey the laws, but everybody else can kill, maim, and destroy at will with no detrimental recourse from the cops, the city, the state, or the government.

I was just wondering if the laws were finally favoring the actual victims and not the criminals............fat chance, as usual.

Maybe I will just start carrying one of those air horns, and blow it in their face, when they get in mine.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. So, from what I'm seeing in the news and from what I'm being told in legal forums, I'm surmising *I* HAVE to obey the laws, but everybody else can kill, maim, and destroy at will with no detrimental recourse from the cops, the city, the state, or the government.

I was just wondering if the laws were finally favoring the actual victims and not the criminals............fat chance, as usual.

Maybe I will just start carrying one of those air horns, and blow it in their face, when they get in mine.
    If you do that, I suggest yelling Danger, please help. That makes it look like you are in fear and not just being a dick.

I got my wife a ring with an ear-splitting alarm on it to use on the Metro system is she is hassled by some of the trash that hang out on the metro.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,403
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,389x in 14,581 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like where you are going with this. If you could get a court ruling in your favor, it would likely put a shoot to kill order on all liberals as the crap that they believe it detrimental to all that hear it.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,403
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,389x in 14,581 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I don't know why we would want to get rid of Covid 19

Here is MI it has cured nearly all other disease

No Flu deaths, No Phenomena deaths, Strokes, Heart Disease nearly all gone due to Covid 19

It was so good for people, that our Democrat Gov. Whitmer chose to use Nursing Homes to take people that tested positive and quarantine them in the Nursing Homes, so it would help to cure the elderly in those locations

Sure there are a few deaths from it, but when there are no other death causing illnesses, Why would you want to change it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-20-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Personally, I don't know why we would want to get rid of Covid 19

Here is MI it has cured nearly all other disease

No Flu deaths, No Phenomena deaths, Strokes, Heart Disease nearly all gone due to Covid 19

It was so good for people, that our Democrat Gov. Whitmer chose to use Nursing Homes to take people that tested positive and quarantine them in the Nursing Homes, so it would help to cure the elderly in those locations

Sure there are a few deaths from it, but when there are no other death causing illnesses, Why would you want to change it.
    If Joe wins in November COVID will be forgotten.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (06-20-2020)

+ Reply to Thread