Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you love Garlic and Olive Oil

Garlic is best described as an herb that you gradually grow an immunity too...people that rarely eat garlic can actually get very nauseated if there is too much garlic in a dish..To.Others that had a glove of garlic stuck in their mouth while still in their bassinet, its impossible to ever have too much garlic...

Having said that...I make a dish that my wife loves and so do I...

I buy No Yolk egg noodles, because ive found them to have the best texture..it calls for cooking them 12 minutes...I drain them at 10 minutes and they have a beautiful texture and consistency.

First things first...I take two average sized boneless chicken breasts, trim off all visible fat..beat them flat...season them, everyone has their own preference in seasoning...I let them cool and I dice them in small squares...set them aside...I take broccoli and steam a few florets I cut as much stalk off as I can...when done I dice as fine as i can get it so its like green dots...set that aside...I peel the garlic...an entire head and if its a small head even more...I cover the bottom of a 10 inch sautee pan with imported Olive Oil from italy that I buy in Aldis, its the best ive found Anywhere...I dice the garlic relatively fine and let it sit...after you dice or slice garlic let it sit 11 minutes or more to allow it to release the alicin which is very good for you..

I dump in the noodles 10 mins, drain put them back in the pot and drizzle olive oil and mix so they dont stick....

I steam Asparagus and slice it diagnally in small bites...I mix the diced broccoli and chicken..mix well...add the asparagus...then sautee the garlic until it starts to turn light gold...pour the olive oil garlic over the noodles...mix and just let it sit until dinner time...lets the flavors meld

When were ready to eat, I had a half cup of hot water mix put it on individual plates and heat it in microwave....

I add 3 seasonings at the table...none are salt or pepper...the are no salt seasoning mixs..

I then add Romano Cheese which has 90mgs of sodium in a tablespoon...my wife skips my seasoing and adds pepper and cheese...

WE LOVE IT...I realize its not for everyone...actually most likely most everyone
    Last edited by Common; 06-26-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-26-2020),countryboy (06-26-2020),Dr. Who (06-26-2020),nathanbforrest45 (06-27-2020),Retirednsmilin308 (06-27-2020)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Garlic is best described as an herb that you gradually grow an immunity too...people that rarely eat garlic can actually get very nauseated if there is too much garlic in a dish..To.Others that had a glove of garlic stuck in their mouth while still in their bassinet, its impossible to ever have too much garlic...

I buy No Yolk egg noodles, because ive found them to have the best texture..it calls for cooking them 12 minutes...I drain them at 10 minutes and they have a beautiful texture and consistency.

First things first...I take two average sized boneless chicken breasts, trim off all visible fat..beat them flat...season them, everyone has their own preference in seasoning...I let them cool and I dice them in small squares...set them aside...I take broccoli and steam a few florets I cut as much stalk off as I can...when done I dice as fine as i can get it so its like green dots...set that aside...I peel the garlic...an entire head and if its a small head even more...I cover the bottom of a 10 inch sautee pan with imported Olive Oil from italy that I buy in Aldis, its the best ive found Anywhere...I dice the garlic relatively fine and let it sit...after you dice or slice garlic let it sit 11 minutes or more to allow it to release the alicin which is very good for you..

I dump in the noodles 10 mins, drain put them back in the pot and drizzle olive oil and mix so they dont stick....

I steam Asparagus and slice it diagnally in small bites...I mix the diced broccoli and chicken..mix well...add the asparagus...then sautee the garlic until it starts to turn light gold...pour the olive oil garlic over the noodles...mix and just let it sit until dinner time...lets the flavors meld

When were ready to eat, I had a half cup of hot water mix put it on individual plates and heat it in microwave....

I add 3 seasonings at the table...none are salt or pepper...the are no salt seasoning mixs..

I then add Romano Cheese which has 90mgs of sodium in a tablespoon...my wife skips my seasoing and adds pepper and cheese...

WE LOVE IT...I realize its not for everyone...actually most likely most everyone
    It's usually raw garlic that causes people issues. Cooked garlic isn't hard to digest.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-26-2020),Common (06-26-2020)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would also be good with broccolini or even broccoli rabe, although you probably wouldn't add the asparagus with broccoli rabe.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    It would also be good with broccolini or even broccoli rabe, although you probably wouldn't add the asparagus with broccoli rabe.
    Exactly I make it with broccoli raab when its firm and fresh..thats the best

Im going to have to make you an honorary italian Doc
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-26-2020)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly I make it with broccoli raab when its firm and fresh..thats the best

Im going to have to make you an honorary italian Doc
    I love Italian food and grew up around Italians and have a number of Italian friends, mostly first generation, so they like the more simple Italian dishes and still can their own tomato sauce in the late summer. If they make pizza, there is likely tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and possibly one other thing on it or it's pizza bianca (not my favorite).

Mahatma Gandhi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Common (06-26-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can eat it raw. Not in large chucks.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Common (06-27-2020),Mister D (06-26-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I can eat it raw. Not in large chucks.
    It's doable sliced thin.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-26-2020),Common (06-27-2020)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,660
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds great. I stopped by an Iranian friend of mine after his mother left for the home country and she had made some yogurt soup. We are used to refrigerating everything and this was left out overnight so I wasn't sure I wanted any but he insisted. He got a bowl for me and started cutting up fresh garlic into it. Gotta tell ya that it was amazing. I also got invited to a Persian dinner his mother made at his house once and learned how his mom made tabouli. They used cilantro instead of mint and it was also amazing.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds awesome. I'm in the "it's impossible to ever have too much garlic" crowd.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

16. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Common (06-27-2020)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I love Italian food and grew up around Italians and have a number of Italian friends, mostly first generation, so they like the more simple Italian dishes and still can their own tomato sauce in the late summer. If they make pizza, there is likely tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and possibly one other thing on it or it's pizza bianca (not my favorite).
    bianca is our favorite, try it topped with eggplant, broccoli raab....or with garlic and ricotta...
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-26-2020)

+ Reply to Thread