Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Liberal Frankensteins

Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    When I see a thread like this where people pretend to know what they are talking about as far as the liberal mindset is concerned, I just get sad.

The truth is everybody has liberal intentions, no matter who you are. It takes alot of paranoia, proselytizing, anger and arrogance to turn a liberal into a conservative. They really are both the same thing, one is just much more angrier and greedier.
    I think generally both sides want the best for all people. They just differ on how to go about getting there. Liberals are for more government involvement and conservatives are for more self-reliance. Ultimately both sides want to see an end to suffering, poverty, etc. the question is how best to do it.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
    When I see a thread like this where people pretend to know what they are talking about as far as the liberal mindset is concerned, I just get sad.

The truth is everybody has liberal intentions, no matter who you are. It takes alot of paranoia, proselytizing, anger and arrogance to turn a liberal into a conservative. They really are both the same thing, one is just much more angrier and greedier.
    I think generally both sides want the best for all people. They just differ on how to go about getting there. Liberals are for more government involvement and conservatives are for more self-reliance. Ultimately both sides want to see an end to suffering, poverty, etc. the question is how best to do it.
    Very true.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not true CL......the Liberal Elitist wants the perfect society. The problem comes in when comes to an issue like those in this video. Since they cannot solve the problem thru any postive means. The last solution is eradication. Because in a perfect society. There is no homeless people and or bums.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

Very true.
    I also think it is counterproductive and intellectually dishonest to suggest that liberals want to keep the poor down by making them dependent on the government and that conservatives only care about getting richer.

There are certainly leaders of the two groups that follow those practices for personal gain, but it does nothing for our arguments to make those claims without being more specific as to who we are accusing of these misdeeds, and present evidence to support it. 99% of conservatives and liberals are just ordinary American folks.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he is referring to everyday liberal Joe and Mary six packs. I sound like Peter Jennings... :
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very true.
    I also think it is counterproductive and intellectually dishonest to suggest that liberals want to keep the poor down by making them dependent on the government and that conservatives only care about getting richer.

There are certainly leaders of the two groups that follow those practices for personal gain, but it does nothing for our arguments to make those claims without being more specific as to who we are accusing of these misdeeds, and present evidence to support it. 99% of conservatives and liberals are just ordinary American folks.
    As far as people are concerned, I agree. I would be careful to say liberalism when referring to its effects on society.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Media Critic View Post

This is not true CL......the Liberal Elitist wants the perfect society. The problem comes in when comes to an issue like those in this video. Since they cannot solve the problem thru and postive means. The last solution is eradication. Because in a perfect society. There is no homeless people and or bums.
    Well, I'm not talking about power kabals or secret organizations. I'm talking about average ordinary liberals. I think there are plenty of elitist liberals who think they know it all and think they have solutions to homelessness and unemployment, but I am certain they are not planning eradication.

(to clarify when I say elitist liberals I just mean snobs...the equivalent of elitist conservatives. i don't really know who the Liberal Elite are and was just using the same language to describe a different group of people)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very true.

As far as people are concerned, I agree. I would be careful to say liberalism when referring to its effects on society.
    Can you flesh this out a bit more? Did I misspeak?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he is referring to everyday liberal Joe and Mary six packs. I sound like Peter Jennings... :
    mmm six packs ;D

well then I disagree with MMC completely. i don't think all liberals are elitist and i don't think they have plans for mass killings...i'll wait to see what he says.

edits

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing you said Mary Six-packs and Not Bloodly Marys.....ah Jennings aint that bad. But you start talking like James(skeletor)Carville and I will have to start giving you some shots of Red-eye.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread