User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CNN Praised Mt. Rushmore When Obama Visited; Attacks When Trump Visits

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,032x in 24,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    It rolls into the narrative that if we want to highlight CNN’s “hypocrisy” between Obama and tRump, then the discussion that FOX engages in the same hypocrisy when it comes to E.O’s and how they (like conservatives here) screamed bloody murder whenever Obama signed one, then swoons over how awesome tRump is when he signs them, is just as valid. But hey, if ya’ll want this just to be focused on CNN and how bad they hurt tRump’s feelings at Mt. Rushmore, then have at it.
    If you score a TD on me after your lineman jumps offside - but they let the score count anyways, then we can agree it's a violation of the rules and we'd be justified in screaming about you violating the rules and still getting the win?
    If I score a TD off of you but don't violate the rules, can we agree that it's a better cheer?

That's what we have here -- Obama's EO's frequently violated the law. Trump's don't. This discussion, though, was about the monument. I'm curious on your take -- why did CNN and Acosta think it was a glorious monument for Obama and a bad one for Trump? Why the hypocrisy?
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    If you score a TD on me after your lineman jumps offside - but they let the score count anyways, then we can agree it's a violation of the rules and we'd be justified in screaming about you violating the rules and still getting the win?
    If I score a TD off of you but don't violate the rules, can we agree that it's a better cheer?

That's what we have here -- Obama's EO's frequently violated the law. Trump's don't. This discussion, though, was about the monument. I'm curious on your take -- why did CNN and Acosta think it was a glorious monument for Obama and a bad one for Trump? Why the hypocrisy?
    Disagree. But I know we will soon have a metric to show Obama and tRump’s scorecard on how many executive orders were unconstitutional. I will save this discussion for when that happens.

0EC1C474-E0D5-4ABA-A01C-616757FB757F.jpg

As for CNN and Acosta, things change. I remember not too long ago people were saying the Confederacy was only advocating for state’s right, and it was about heritage not hate. I’m glad history has shown us that that $#@! was complete bull$#@!.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,517x in 94,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree. But I know we will soon have a metric to show Obama and tRump’s scorecard on how many executive orders were unconstitutional. I will save this discussion for when that happens.

Attachment 30177

As for CNN and Acosta, things change. I remember not too long ago people were saying the Confederacy was only advocating for state’s right, and it was about heritage not hate. I’m glad history has shown us that that $#@! was complete bull$#@!.
    Each of Trump's EOs that were found improper were because SCOTUS claimed they were not properly justified. Not that they were not based on a statute.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-07-2020)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,893x in 54,711 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I don't see a connection between EOs and CNN.

So far as EOs go, the president who signs them has nothing to do with it. Whether the EO is proper or not does. An example of an improper EO is one that has no basis in legislation. DACA is a good example of that.

Congress considered DACA legislation but never passed it. So comes and EO based on legislation that never passed. That is not legal.

Right. With EOs you might agree or disagree with the specific EO. It's certainly not hypocrisy to agree with one President EO and disagree with another's

The hypocrisy with CNN has to do with the expectation they are reporting news, facts, and when they don't, when they instead interject opinion and feelings and political narrative, they're being hypocritical to their profession.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The "media" is playing a very dangerous game with our republic and our freedoms. Rather than report the news they are creating a story that fits their agenda. That is not journalism.
    And the result is Gallup study: Media rank dead last in public trust.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-07-2020)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post

The monument hasn't changed. Only the left's narrative.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the hypocrisy kinda like when conservatives hated E.O’s under Obama, but doesn’t seem to mind them under tRump?

Shame on CNN for being like that, rite?
    Let me educate you a bit on the finer points. No one is against E.O's in of themselves. The content of those E.0.'s is the issue. One can issue and E.O. that is perfectly within the prerogative of the President. That does not mean you have to like it.
    When you use E.0's to legislate that is the problem. Hussein Obama signed E.0. that far exceeded his scope.

I know, I know.. Prove it.. That will be a whole new thread if you would like.

Consider yourself educated
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Let me educate you a bit on the finer points. No one is against E.O's in of themselves. The content of those E.0.'s is the issue. One can issue and E.O. that is perfectly within the prerogative of the President. That does not mean you have to like it.
    When you use E.0's to legislate that is the problem. Hussein Obama signed E.0. that far exceeded his scope.

I know, I know.. Prove it.. That will be a whole new thread if you would like.

Consider yourself educated
    Hey, I already subscribed, so lets just wait to see the final tally of E.Os that are deemed constitutional vs unconstitutional juxtaposed between Obama and tRump. Do you think the next excuse will be that whomever the entity that decides constitutionality will be the next target of ire? I suspect they will be.

Thanks for the lesson.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,032x in 24,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 30177

Little fail here. Trump's EO's were not deemed unconstitutional. They violated procedure - in my business, that's called 'otherwise than upon the merits'. How you have to follow procedure to vitiate an enacted in violation of the COTUS (Obama's words, not mine) EO is beyond me, but ok. CNN and ACOSTA changed b/c they hate Trump - nothing more. At least have the honesty to admit that. They'll fall in love again if Biden goes there.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-07-2020),Peter1469 (07-07-2020)

Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the hypocrisy kinda like when conservatives hated E.O’s under Obama, but doesn’t seem to mind them under tRump?

Shame on CNN for being like that, rite?
    Why remain mired in error?

There is nothing wrong with executive orders. Presidents use them to instruct the executive branch in implementing laws passed by Congress. As an intelligence officer my day to day activities were directed by our response to various executive orders and some other things I cannot discuss. The problem arises when a president, say Obama, uses an EO to make or modify a law. Of all the EOs President Obama signed only a handful made law or modified a law.

I cannot think of a single Executive order President Trump signed that made or modified a law. If you know of one describe it and let's discuss it.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 07-07-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (07-07-2020),Docthehun (07-07-2020)

+ Reply to Thread