testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biden is committed to destroying the oil industry. It's his mission for the rest of his life. 10 million high wage jobs lost.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    Biden's lead isn't slipping. This Harris X poll has been an outlier for a while. The polling average still has Biden up 9.6 points. An even more recent poll from Rasmussen, Trump's favorite pollster, has Biden up 10 points. And, more importantly, Biden's lead in every swing state continues to grow. He's now up 6.3% in Florida, 7.6% in Pennsylvania, 8.1% in Wisconsin and 9.7% in Michigan. Biden's also ahead in Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina and Ohio. The real question now isn't whether Biden will win, it's whether it will be a landslide.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe (or guess; see below) that if more people pay close attention to Biden's revised immigration platform, which veered left to appease Sanders' voters, Biden will lose a lot of voters.

I assume most Americans are against illegal immigration, like I am. I was curious to see some polls about it, to gauge whether or not Biden will lose voters over it. I spent some 30 minutes googling and looking around and couldn't see anything solid.

It seems like the overwhelming majority of polls that address the issue only talk about immigration, period. Not just illegal immigration. So from these polls it would seem like the majority of Americans see immigration in a good light; unsurprisingly since most Americans who are not Native Americans had ancestors who came here from elsewhere. But that doesn't mean we're for illegal immigration.

I wonder if a poll simply asked this question, no other nuances...

Are you for or against illegal immigration to the United States?

... what the result would be. I suspect the majority would pick "against" but I couldn't find this information anywhere. Does anybody know the answer?
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,452
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Center, I'm for any one who takes responsibility for their own self. Those who do not give according to their ability disgust me. Politicians who pander to those who don't give according to their ability disgust me. Women why cry and complain that if I can't get an abortion... someone else ruined my life... disgust me. So illegal immigration, the term is of no interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterField View Post
    I believe (or guess; see below) that if more people pay close attention to Biden's revised immigration platform, which veered left to appease Sanders' voters, Biden will lose a lot of voters.

I assume most Americans are against illegal immigration, like I am. I was curious to see some polls about it, to gauge whether or not Biden will lose voters over it. I spent some 30 minutes googling and looking around and couldn't see anything solid.

It seems like the overwhelming majority of polls that address the issue only talk about immigration, period. Not just illegal immigration. So from these polls it would seem like the majority of Americans see immigration in a good light; unsurprisingly since most Americans who are not Native Americans had ancestors who came here from elsewhere. But that doesn't mean we're for illegal immigration.

I wonder if a poll simply asked this question, no other nuances...

Are you for or against illegal immigration to the United States?

... what the result would be. I suspect the majority would pick "against" but I couldn't find this information anywhere. Does anybody know the answer?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectalpha View Post
    Center, I'm for any one who takes responsibility for their own self. Those who do not give according to their ability disgust me. Politicians who pander to those who don't give according to their ability disgust me. Women why cry and complain that if I can't get an abortion... someone else ruined my life... disgust me. So illegal immigration, the term is of no interest to me.
    OK, I can respect that.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,452
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Biden is saying...I'm going to raise taxes, I'm going to impose all kinds of regulations on business...and as a result, businesses are going to come crawling back to me begging to relocate back to America. That is what Joey is saying.

Sounds a lot like a speech he gave 30 years ago before he signed on to Bill Clinton's Nafta trade agreement and a mass exodus of American jobs left for Mexico.

Same old Joe, only dumber now than the first day he was born.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,650x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Hopefully this is an indication that "Normal Intelligent American Citizens" are waking up and really looking at what the left is taking from them and forcing on them and their descendents

Analysts have wondered whether Joseph R. Biden’s sudden lurch to the left would affect his appeal to voters. MoveOn.org has already proclaimed the likely Democratic nominee is the most progressive candidate in Democratic Party history. Now Sen. Bernard Sanders has proclaimed Mr. Biden to be “the most progressive president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.”

Voters still pining for comfy old “Uncle Joe” Biden and his more moderate ways perhaps are looking askance at such developments.

A new Hill-HarrisX general election poll reveals that support for the former vice president has begun to erode. Mr. Biden’s lead over President Trump has dropped, compared to a similar survey conducted in June

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/9/inside-the-beltway-bidens-lead-over-trump-gets-wob/

Biden lead over Trump now just at 4 percentage points: Hill-HarrisX Poll

Wait till Trumps eats him alive at the debates that Biden is desperately trying to avoid

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...centage-point/

I don't trust that he is ahead at all. After all the MSM has done this year I know they will falsify poll numbers because we have a lot of band wagon jumpers among our voters.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RichardMZhlubb's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,658x in 3,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I don't trust that he is ahead at all. After all the MSM has done this year I know they will falsify poll numbers because we have a lot of band wagon jumpers among our voters.
    Yeah, organizations like Fox News (showing Biden up 12 points in their most recent poll) are going to falsify poll results to make Trump look bad. Sure.

+ Reply to Thread